Drivers that complain about $4 gasoline

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What did these people think was going to happen once the economy rebounded?

You've had 3 years to adjust your lifestyle. If you can't deal with it, here's a quarter.

Last edited:

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
I love how SUV sales bounced back when gas got cheap again. Did people think it was going to be cheap forever?

One wonders if the oil companies just want to slam the brakes on the economy so Obama doesn't get reelected

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Is that per gallon? we pay £1.31 per litre so thats about £6 per gallon so about $9.50 per gallon :(

aria

Former Moderator
Is that per gallon? we pay £1.31 per litre so thats about £6 per gallon so about $9.50 per gallon :(

I wrote about it elsewhere, but the price I was paying in Norway last summer was incredibly high considering they're the European oil Emirate and don't have to help subsidize the Irish, Greek or Portuguese economies.

Still, oil prices weren't as bad last summer so it was only about $7 per gallon or 11.5 kr.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wonder if anyone here actually uses the gas bank.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
If they're complaining about $4/gallon I can't wait to hear the bitching when it's $5/gallon next year.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I wrote about it elsewhere, but the price I was paying in Norway last summer was incredibly high considering they're the European oil Emirate and don't have to help subsidize the Irish, Greek or Portuguese economies.

Still, oil prices weren't as bad last summer so it was only about $7 per gallon or 11.5 kr.

Goood to know other countries are getting bum bashed for fuel costs too :D, still doesnt seem to have cut the number of cars on the roads though :conf:

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener

Truck drivers in the UK get the worst of it I'm sure, unless fuel costs are paid for by their parent/client companies. But what's the average daily commute for someone who drives in the UK? If it's more than 40 miles, I don't know how you guys can afford it.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
If they're complaining about $4/gallon I can't wait to hear the bitching when it's $5/gallon next month.

Fixed. I just filled up for 4.75 a gallon last night. And gas has been going up 5 to 10 cents a gallon every week here for the last few months.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I try to walk/ride a bike whenever I can, unless I have to lug around heavyass music equipment.

aria

Former Moderator
Gas station by the airport in Orlando charges 7$ a gallon.

LOL, nice way to bilk those Disney World-going families :D

Back when gas was in the $2 range I saw a gas station at the edge of Death Valley that was in the $6 range, right by the "next gas station 70 miles" sign.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Try hauling in a Dodge Ram CTD.

I've been getting fuckied on diesel for 5 years now - I need the power though.

Bobcats and backhoes won't haul themselves.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Try hauling in a Dodge Ram CTD.

I've been getting fuckied on diesel for 5 years now - I need the power though.

Bobcats and backhoes won't haul themselves.

Ohh, your gripes legit...

That's why I said driver as opposed to commerce operators. I also specified gasoline since it is primarlily used by passengers.

Now that I recall from my trucking days, "Driver" on the CB refers to commercial operators. So that wasn't the best word choice.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Whenever gas spikes up in cost I can't help but notice how traffic here isn't quite as bad. The "hey, can I catch ride home?" question starts to spread around the office. People start to run all their errands in one trip vs. going out several times for little shit non-stop.

Even when gas is cheap I do that. One of the locations I audit is 2 minutes from a train station. I just ride the train into town that day. Really blows that Atlanta's public transit (MARTA) is mostly useless. It's kinda relaxing to kick back and read for your commute vs. sitting in traffic. I generally hate dealing with buses, but the trains are nice.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
can't say i didn't see this comming and i expect the liter to be at least 1.75€ in the summer. makes me <3 my aygo even more.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Since I don't understand this stuff I'll ask this, "Why couldn't the US take control of the BP horizon oil tap?" Are they planning in the future to reopen that well? I know they are planning on drilling somewhere around that area again.