161-in-1 Game Breakdown

geise

Mickey's Coach
In Samurai Spirits/Showdown 1, Kyoshiro Senryo has sprite issues. Also, Samurai Showdown II's sound seems a bit off from my actual MVS cart.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
In Samurai Spirits/Showdown 1, Kyoshiro Senryo has sprite issues. Also, Samurai Showdown II's sound seems a bit off from my actual MVS cart.
a bootleg is a bootleg is a bootleg ;)

geise

Mickey's Coach
Oh I know. :) I was just mentioning that since most seem to think that Aero Fighters 3 is the only game with issues.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
just bought one of these carts not sure why they only included hacks of KOF2000-2004 and SNK vs Cacpom and not the original roms. What exactly are the differences of the hacks from the original games?

geise

Mickey's Coach
Most of the Plus hacks have playable bosses from the start.

I just got my 161-in-1 from jammaboards. I'm still new to a lot of snk games and thought it would be a cool way to try them. A "demo" disc if you will, and once I like a game, be on the lookout. But the cart I think is a little too thick. Once I put it into my mvs, I have a really had time pulling it back out. Anyone else experiencing that?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Other people have experienced that in this thread. Mine slides in and out of my 2 slot easily, though the cart shell is definitely thicker than a legit cart

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Oh I know. :) I was just mentioning that since most seem to think that Aero Fighters 3 is the only game with issues.

I find it to be the only unplayable game due to it's issues. The glitches on the hi score screen of sengoku don't really stop me from playing it, but enemies not spawning tends to make for a boring shmup;)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Metal Slug 6 is a hack of Metal Slug 3 with bosses that takes maybe 3 seconds to kill.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I just got my 161-in-1 from jammaboards. I'm still new to a lot of snk games and thought it would be a cool way to try them. A "demo" disc if you will, and once I like a game, be on the lookout. But the cart I think is a little too thick. Once I put it into my mvs, I have a really had time pulling it back out. Anyone else experiencing that?

I have an older 108 in 1 multicart and it was too tight in my 1F board.
I moved the guts of the multicart to a stock SNK MVS cart shell to solve that.

took a belt sander to my cart sides, still a little too tight for the 1-slot, am looking for a cheap MVS to swap out with

After further inspection I can see that the cart can fit just fine, but the contacts themselves are a little too thick.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
What type of MVS board do you have? That might be useful information for others considering to purchase the 161

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
I have the MV-4F board. I definitely feel uneasy when I'm pulling the cart and the board just keeps bending. not sure if I wanna put it back in. O_O

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Needs to be shaved down or the case needs to be replaced with an original.

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy

could you please make a video showing this behavior?

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Just thought I would post my findings here. I am using the 161 in 1 on an MV-1FZ and haven't had any issues what do ever. No reboots, no sound issue, no slow downs, and all games work fine for me. Using Unibios 3.1.

Read a lot about SS2 sound probs - not happening on mine, I wonder if newer 161 in 1s have been fixed? Pulstar works fine. Both Aero Fighters work flawlessly as well, despite a few people saying it reboots or probs with hit detection!?!?

One thing to note is these carts have a lot of flash chips and as far as I understand a couple of CPLD / FPGA for the ROM 'mapping'. It's logical to me that this sucker is going to draw quite a bit of power, some of the reset probs could be caused by voltage drops, noise or lack of power - just an idea. I also find it strange that some people get better stability with slightly lower voltage.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Try putting some contact cleaner (like DeOxit) on the cart PCB connectors to make it slide a little easier - I know this doesn't solve the issue, but it will help a bit... also cleans the cart slot of the motherboard if you whipe down the multicart connectors after pulling it out.

Try putting some contact cleaner (like DeOxit) on the cart PCB connectors to make it slide a little easier - I know this doesn't solve the issue, but it will help a bit... also cleans the cart slot of the motherboard if you whipe down the multicart connectors after pulling it out.

thanks, i'll give it a shot :)

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
My next buy will be one of these and I will report and oddities on my 2 slot if any! As for the power issue I could totally see what your talking about! Is there any way to monitor the voltage while playing? If so I can make a video with a multi meter hooked up and run a "stress test" on it