Blast City Club

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I still need a 2nd Player loom COUGHmakemeoneCOUGH :D

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks to Jasen, I have my new CP in!! Also thanks to Cdamm/Lemony for the wiring!

DSM3HbB.jpg

racer445

n00b
I have a Blast. It's a nice cab, or it was nice until the monitor stopped working and started arcing like crazy the other day. Smelled a burning smell and found a B1569A power transistor that's completely shorted. I ordered new ones, hopefully that fixes it :X Everything else in the area tests fine so

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
it was nice until the monitor stopped working

Whatever you do don't put a TV tube inside it... Dec0 will offer you 50$ shipped for it. At which point if you don't accept you'll be labeled an asshole and have all future threads/posts attacked.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I have a Blast. It's a nice cab, or it was nice until the monitor stopped working and started arcing like crazy the other day. Smelled a burning smell and found a B1569A power transistor that's completely shorted. I ordered new ones, hopefully that fixes it :X Everything else in the area tests fine so

sounds the HOT going bad....

hopefully it didn't take out any other components when it fried :(

*eagerly awaiting the ms2930 circuit diagram to surface*

Last edited:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
i got my cab set up with a mounting board finally, and i noticed - i have no left audio when i'm using the RCA jacks.
it's not the speakers, i get it when pulling sound via the jamma edge.
anybody know where i can get a spare cable/what i would need to get off my ass and fix it myself?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
i got my cab set up with a mounting board finally, and i noticed - i have no left audio when i'm using the RCA jacks.
anybody know where i can get a spare cable/what i would need to get off my ass and fix it myself?

Could be your cable... Or it could be your stereo amp (it's separate from the mono amp that the Jamma edge line uses). Should be able to make a cable out of a chopped RCA cable but it's more likely another issue.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
double check that the 001 loom is well connected in the cab i/o. unplug / plug in it in.
check the yellow audio selector connectors along the 001 loom.

deuceduzit

n00b
Where is everyone getting their Candy cabs from? I have been looking around for ages and cannot find a decent price in U.S.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Where is everyone getting their Candy cabs from? I have been looking around for ages and cannot find a decent price in U.S.

Chris from Windy Gaming (cdamm on this site) is bringing another container of cabs into Chicago soon. I think he still has some cabs left that are unspoken for, so give him a shout!

deuceduzit

n00b

Take a look at this site, if its a wiring issue then its should be pretty straight forward fix... Just buy some phono plugs from radioshack and solder the negative and positive.

http://home.comcast.net/~dark.paladin/blast/

deuceduzit

n00b
Chris from Windy Gaming (cdamm on this site) is bringing another container of cabs into Chicago soon. I think he still has some cabs left that are unspoken for, so give him a shout!

Thanks for the quick response :) ... I wish I was in Chicago :( whats the average price for these? I'm in Northern California and shipping through NAVL would probably put another 400 or so on it.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,

You have access to the SF Bay Area, where cabs are plentiful. Hell, I have seen some on Craig's list in the past.
Wanna buy a candy cab... PM me when you have enough post to be able to and we'll talk.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
There is also ken @ theganeroom. They have a warehouse in Nevada and Utah. Standard price for an import blast , 950

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Ken was awesome to deal with, but the shipping from Utah was insane! I payed 950$ for the cab (as CC stated above) but then a 600$ residential delivery/shipping fee. :P

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Ken was awesome to deal with, but the shipping from Utah was insane! I payed 950$ for the cab (as CC stated above) but then a 600$ residential delivery/shipping fee. :P

That's pretty high on the shipping, what state are you in?

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I was living in Burlington Vermont (1:30 away from Montreal) at the time, and the only shipping company who would deliver was Estes.
They could basically charge whatever they wanted, no one else would deliver.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Ken shipepd mine for 275. but 1) it was from Mormon land to OZ and 2) I picked it up at the terminal in town instead of home delivery.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Shipping from ken's to my house wasn't bad.. Like 30 or so, but then again, I live 50 miles from him :P

Mormon land? :p