offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Aztec Warfare on LU tonight was awesome. Best episode of the season so far.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Mia Yim should do another table piledriver spot on TNA.

tumblr_static_that_was_awesome.jpg

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Now that she is in TNA, has Mia Yim improved at all?

I remember watching a few matches in ROH and even her NXT squash (where she was more over than the person she was wrestling).

I never thought she was that good. Good look, good at working her character, but a little clunky.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It was smart for Lucha Underground to debut Mysterio at #2 in Aztek Warfare and keep him on the whole show. I wonder if it will pop a rating.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I see about all I need to see in CZW from Botchamania.

BM is hilarious, but from what I've seen of CZW outside of BM (Zandig mostly), it's really low-rent. I hate to say that about an Indy, but it seems their wrestlers are too green, and that's too bad (as a promotion) because a few notable wrestlers had some time there.

Edit: Just saw Callihan vs. Adam Cole. A little funny, but a little good. Lose the scat stuff, though.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
It was smart for Lucha Underground to debut Mysterio at #2 in Aztek Warfare and keep him on the whole show. I wonder if it will pop a rating.

It set records

The first airing did 163,000 viewers, breaking the previous record high of 152,000 viewers

The first airing plus replay combined for 232,000 viewers, breaking the previous record high of 217,000 viewers

Also of note, this week's awful episode of Impact did 331,000 viewers, which is the second highest total since they moved to Pop

famicommander

15 Year Member
TNA just made five signings

Jesse Guilmette (Pepper Parks)
Laura Dennis (Cherry Bomb)
Marshe Rockett (Mr. M80)
Thomas LaRuffa (Sylvester LeFort)
Mikael Viege (Marcus Louis)

Not bad pickups, but as always, it's a matter of what TNA actually does with them.

Glad to see Sami Callihan in Lucha Underground. NXT didn't know what to do with him.

Still waiting to see who gets Roode and EY. I hope ROH or LU, but most of the rumors point to NXT/WWE.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
BM is hilarious, but from what I've seen of CZW outside of BM (Zandig mostly), it's really low-rent. I hate to say that about an Indy, but it seems their wrestlers are too green, and that's too bad (as a promotion) because a few notable wrestlers had some time there.

Edit: Just saw Callihan vs. Adam Cole. A little funny, but a little good. Lose the scat stuff, though.

In the last few years they've stepped their game up with the likes of Speedball Mike Bailey and others. They mess up just as regularly as other indy promotions.

JoeAwesome

In the last few years they've stepped their game up with the likes of Speedball Mike Bailey and others. They mess up just as regularly as other indy promotions.

Are you counting ROH? Because over the DI run, ROH wasn't bad with the botches at all. They're better than TNA (not saying much).

I get indies will have green to very green wrestlers- it's part of it. But the other part I noticed of CZW, compared to say ECW, they don't know what the fuck they're doing with weapons in their matches. Every match in CZW with a ton of weapons looks to end up worse than a New Jack match.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
When I see New Jack mentioned, I think of him tossing Vic Grimes off a scaffold in XPW.

famicommander

15 Year Member
ROH isn't an independent and hasn't been one for years. They're owned by a billion dollar broadcasting conglomerate and their shows are distributed nationally. Plus they're the #2 promotion in the US by any measure (TV viewership, PPV buys, attendance, # of shows run, etc).

JoeAwesome

ROH isn't an independent and hasn't been one for years. They're owned by a billion dollar broadcasting conglomerate and their shows are distributed nationally. Plus they're the #2 promotion in the US by any measure (TV viewership, PPV buys, attendance, # of shows run, etc).

I thought TNA was still second. The comparisons I saw on both of their DA runs saw TNA do better, but that wouldn't have taken into account all the ROH markets where the broadcast locally. The more you know, I guess.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hard to say. I just know that TNA can't even run house shows any more.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Mia Yim should do another table piledriver spot on TNA.

Anyways, Last night, I started to watch Monday's RAW night and remembered that I hadn't yet seen last wednesday's Lucha Underground. So I went and watched that.

Then after that, I tried to watch the rest of RAW. I couldn't do it. Just like the time I tried to eat a McDouble right after the Big Mac (usually, I eat the Mcdouble first).
The spot was great, the piledriver not so much...is it that douchebag Solomon Crow that went to NXT for like a week? Never liked him, a complete tool for a pro-wrestler, lol.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Now that she is in TNA, has Mia Yim improved at all?

I remember watching a few matches in ROH and even her NXT squash (where she was more over than the person she was wrestling).

I never thought she was that good. Good look, good at working her character, but a little clunky.

She's improved a lot, had she not gotten picked up by TNA it was pretty much a lock for her to be THE wrestler over at Shine

famicommander

15 Year Member
I thought TNA was still second. The comparisons I saw on both of their DA runs saw TNA do better, but that wouldn't have taken into account all the ROH markets where the broadcast locally. The more you know, I guess.
As of last May, ROH was getting 450-500 K per week on Sinclair stations alone. That doesn't include any stations they've debuted on since like new Sinclair stations/affiliates, Comet TV, NESN, rohwrestling.com, etc. TNA did better on Destination America but for ROH that was just a replay.

TNA is smaller in every aspect except international TV. TNA is much bigger in Europe than ROH. ROH is bigger in the US, Canada, and Japan.

In the US Lucha Underground is closer to TNA than TNA is to ROH. Same is true for NJPW on AXS.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Are you counting ROH? Because over the DI run, ROH wasn't bad with the botches at all. They're better than TNA (not saying much).

I get indies will have green to very green wrestlers- it's part of it. But the other part I noticed of CZW, compared to say ECW, they don't know what the fuck they're doing with weapons in their matches. Every match in CZW with a ton of weapons looks to end up worse than a New Jack match.

By worse than a New Jack match do you mean in amount of Blood? Cuz that's one of my favorite aspects of the company. Went to my first Tournament of Death last year and it was awesome.

JoeAwesome

By worse than a New Jack match do you mean in amount of Blood? Cuz that's one of my favorite aspects of the company. Went to my first Tournament of Death last year and it was awesome.

What I mean, to be direct, is someone told me CZW was more than "garbage matches." Right now, I don't agree.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
What I mean, to be direct, is someone told me CZW was more than "garbage matches." Right now, I don't agree.

You obviously haven't seen a show of theirs in quite a while then. They have 1 death match per show, unless it's Tournament of Death.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I just watched NXT, Balor had a match with Swan. I saw him before in one episode and thought he was fun, very athletic, very agile, certainly knows how to make use of his abilities to show case himself, even during a crush match, that's how I knew he had something in him. So far I like him but I have yet to see him do any grapples, in truth that match with Balor just now was the best match I've seen on NXT in a long ass time.