offical wwe thread

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
He's also a helluva worker for a big guy. Dude can throw moves that hardly any other big dudes do, and he also has good cardio.

Great worker, great matches, great cardio. Just a generic physique (which is important to vince and co).

Sure, Broadie Lee's look/gimmick has been done before (bruiser broadie/Skinner). But he's the only one in the WWE right now with that backwoods wildman look (besides maybe Rowan).

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Great workers, great cardio. Just a generic physique (which is important to vince and co).
Yeah, he has the height, so he's like halfway there, but not the musculature.

Interesting to see him and Rowan both get pushes. Apparently Rowan is in line for a Sheamus-type babyface push, is favored fairly heavily to go over Show at TLC. Also has his physique hidden under a weird outfit. Bray Wyatt is another one like that.

Rollins is in great shape, but he's not huge (though he is kind of tall- I would guess he's 6-4 or so?). Ambrose isn't all that big. Reigns is probably helped out there. That's an area where both Neville (in particular) and Zayn will be in some trouble. I know Bryan eventually broke through somewhat, but he sure did fall back down. I know he got hurt, but really, I don't know how long he would have held the belt, and getting hurt at a smaller size may have helped convince VKM and Hunter to keep bigger guys on top.

They also consider Ziggler to be too small, come to think of it. Cesaro is pretty damn big. Both guys in The Ascension are big. Rusev is built like a truck, though he's not all that tall.

Hey, Rob Terry could probably be had for cheap!

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It isn't about the size of hero, but the physique (definition).

And it wasn't just Hero's definition, but the fact that he wasn't working on it.

I would have loved to see Hero on WWE TV. It just ain't happening.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Anyways, if I am booking it I keep the tag titles on the Miz through 'Mania. Start a feud (say Mizdow accidentally knocks Miz out of the rumble while doing his imitation). Mania is Miz and person to be named later vs Mizdow and a person to be named later... For the tag titles.

Mizdow (when in the ring with miz) does a mirror match (think shadow/dark link) and always gets outdone. Then finally, he breaks the mirroring and wins the title clean. Then he renames himself Damien Sandow and becomes a more serious baby-face.

Sandow is such an awesome worker I can't wait until he can fully get to shine. The guy has the look, can talk like few others, has great in-ring abilities, and has tons of experience to be able to work with damn near anyone plus he has stuck around and made gold out of the pure shit that WWE has given him and that says a ton.

Pope Sazae

Vignettes were shown for the Ascension during the Smackdown taping so it seems that we are finally going to get to see them up on the main roster. I think they will bring some good fresh blood to the tag roster and I'm a big fan of the guys from NXT.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Nice! About time some of the NXT folks got to come up. With the Divas, in particular, it seems like there's sort of a set number of "spots" at any given time (at least to hear Serrano talk to on TD), so when AJ leaves after TLC, I fully expect to see Charlotte come up then.

Different topic for a second- informal poll of the NGIWC: Who are your favorite wrestlers? I'm curious who everyone on this thread actually enjoys watching the most. How about:

Favorite WWE wrestler (current):
Favorite non-WWE wrestler (current):
Favorite WWE Diva:
Favorite non-WWE female wrestler:
Favorite male wrestler, all-time:
Favorite female wrestler, all-time:

For me...
Favorite WWE wrestler (current): Seth Rollins
Favorite non-WWE wrestler (current): Austin Aries
Favorite WWE Diva: Paige
Favorite non-WWE female wrestler: Taryn Terrell
Favorite male wrestler, all-time: Shawn Michaels
Favorite female wrestler, all-time: Trish Stratus

Pope Sazae

Nice! About time some of the NXT folks got to come up. With the Divas, in particular, it seems like there's sort of a set number of "spots" at any given time (at least to hear Serrano talk to on TD), so when AJ leaves after TLC, I fully expect to see Charlotte come up then.

Different topic for a second- informal poll of the NGIWC: Who are your favorite wrestlers? I'm curious who everyone on this thread actually enjoys watching the most. How about:

Favorite WWE wrestler (current): Dolph Ziggler
Favorite non-WWE wrestler (current): Johnny Gargano
Favorite WWE Diva: Natalya
Favorite non-WWE female wrestler: Gail Kim
Favorite male wrestler, all-time: Dusty Rhodes
Favorite female wrestler, all-time: Madusa

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Favorite WWE wrestler (current): The Miz
Favorite non-WWE wrestler (current): Bobby Roode
Favorite WWE Diva: Natalya
Favorite non-WWE female wrestler: Jessica Havik
Favorite male wrestler, all-time: Mr. Perfect
Favorite female wrestler, all-time: Kana

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The only one I know for sure is that my favorite male wrestler of all time is Stone Cold Steve Austin. My favorite female wrestler of all time is probably Amy Dumas (Lita). Or maybe Awesome Kong. I've thought about the other questions and can't really come up with anything.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Favorite WWE wrestler (current): Seth Rollins (would've been Daniel Bryan until his injury)
Favorite non-WWE wrestler (current): Robert Roode
Favorite WWE Diva: Natayla
Favorite non-WWE female wrestler: Gail Kim
Favorite male wrestler, all-time: Tough choice but I'd go with Bruno Sammartino
Favorite female wrestler, all-time: The Fabulous Moolah

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Anyone try the World Wrestling Network app for Roku yet? Some CZW, FIP, Evolve and Dragon Gate stuff on there but you need to pay per show.

No way in hell am I paying $9.99 to watch a CZW show from '04. If it were a subscription model I'd jump on it in a heart beat.

Favorite WWE wrestler (current): Brock Lesnar
Favorite non-WWE wrestler (current): Chris Hero
Favorite WWE Diva: AJ
Favorite non-WWE female wrestler:
Favorite male wrestler, all-time: Scott Steiner
Favorite female wrestler, all-time: Victoria/ Tara

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Favorite WWE wrestler (current): Dean Ambrose
Favorite non-WWE wrestler (current): Johny Mundo/Morrison/Hennigan
Favorite WWE Diva: AJ Lee
Favorite non-WWE female wrestler: Velvet Sky
Favorite male wrestler, all-time: Macho King
Favorite female wrestler, all-time: Beth Phoenix

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I just got done watching the NXT show from December 4th..

Seemed to me that The crowd popped more for Mia Yim than Charlotte.

Pope Sazae

Out of everyone in NXT I see Finn Balor as the one we will be watching at the top of Wrestlemania first, he is a top star in every possible sense.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
(I feel like I'm copying off of Norton)

Favorite WWE wrestler (current): Dean "Fucking" Ambrose
Favorite non-WWE wrestler (current): Buh-Buh Ray
Favorite WWE Diva: AJ Lee *After she leaves, Paige and then Bailey
Favorite non-WWE female wrestler: Velvet Sky..I guess... Don't really watch much of TNA
Favorite male wrestler, all-time: Macho Man Randy Savage. THE CREAM OF THE CROP! NOBODY DOES IT BETTER!
Favorite female wrestler, all-time: Sunny before the drugs but she really didn't wrestle so I'll stick with AJ.

Holy shit. Once again NXT showing the world why I pay 10 bucks a month for the network. What a show. Sucks for Kevin he got busted open so early and it broke again at the end of the night. Personally I LOVED the heel turn. I watched one match of El Generico and Kevin at ROH and their going to tare the roof off of NXT. Get them on the main roster now! How awesome was the entrance for Finn. Loved it. So glad their letting him use the body paint. Sucks they won't let him go full on comic book characters (His Joker was fucking sick!) but now I look forward to all new PPV's to see what he'll come out too next.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's not wrestler you peons...SUPERSTAR...WWE SUPERTAR...god forbid this athletes are considered Wrestlers...

When I see some of the choices posted here I just laugh at how easy it is to fool people in the ring. Just like people cheering for the sandbag Roman Reigns, douchebags cheering for Cena, and hipsters chanting YESX3 for Daniel Bryant...lame.

Holy Triad; Macho, Dragon and the Nature Boy, best matches ever are between them 3, nothing beats it and nothing ever will.

Brock is my man, the way he destroyed Cena was so gratifying but the fight after left me disgusted, Cena will never stand a chance against the Beast, I know you gotta add that possibility that Cena has a chance, but why?! He's not up to par, no one is, the only one who was "sorta" walked out of the stage by mere luck, poor man, I love him but it was his time to go.

If Brock never got sick he would have never been beaten by Cain (Not Kane now folks), I love Cain, quick hands, what a slippery fuck, the way he managed to get Lesnar is still so unbelieveable, amazing, almost assassin like. Brock is still the man, the only one that's the real deal, true warrior talent, like Kurt, like Eddie.

Would love to have seen Jericho duke it out with Brock, Jericho is a mean machine although he doesn't bring out to the ring he can really kick some ass, he beat Goldberg like a ragdoll behind the scenes and you gotta be pretty though to take down a NFL monster like that. I still think Brock would destroy him, in the ring and all, just no hope.

Brock is like Onslaught...the dream is dead.

Divas? I love AJ Lee, she's just so hot and flowy and she prances like a my little pony princess, just perfect, reminds me a lot of a girl I used to date back in high school...oh memories.

I still think that no one will top my 2 girls, Trish and Lita, just a great rivalry, that's what makes it so much better than anything else after it. Maybe if AJ gets a real rival we can expect better things out the Divas circle. Love Alicia Fox and her northern lights suplex, just a beauty and her crazy personality is awesome. I'd like to see more AJ vs Fox.

Note: Currently Dolph is my favorite 'cause he's always up there to perform to his full capability, his over selling is an art. Also I loved how R-Truth does the spin fall, so good, Dolph should take notes from that 'cause I'm sure he can do it just as good if not better. Dolph needs to get back his belt and Cody needs to come back to the fold and become a main eventer, him and Dolph produce great matches. I can't believe these fucking USOs are gonna be at it again...jump, slap, kick...oh and horrible samoyan drops, just plain ugly.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Favorite WWE wrestler (current): None
Favorite non-WWE wrestler (current): Sabu
Favorite WWE Diva: None but I have a thing for AJ Lee
Favorite non-WWE female wrestler: None
Favorite male wrestler, all-time: Hulk Hogan
Favorite female wrestler, all-time: None

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
It's gonna be rough watching TLC this Sunday as it's all downhill from here

Also Trips with the sick burn on Vince

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What do you mean by downhill Trey? I'm being honest not trying to be funny.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
So I'm watching R-Evolution right now and just got through the Charlotte/Sasha Banks match.

Why is this better than any women's program on RAW right now?

In fact, that match was better than any match I've seen on Raw that I can remember recently.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
So I'm watching R-Evolution right now and just got through the Charlotte/Sasha Banks match.

Why is this better than any women's program on RAW right now?

In fact, that match was better than any match I've seen on Raw that I can remember recently.

They wern't strapped for time. Also, Vinnie Mac and Kevin "Bucky Beaver" Dunn were not involved.

NXT allows the wrestlers to be characters! They let them have fun! They give the audience something worth while. NXT is worth it for the Network. Too bad the PPVs can't the experiment.