Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
PFFFFFT.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHJAHJAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA.
I fail to see the humor in this. With new Neo Geo releases you either get on board from the get go often miss your chance at a rare game. The problem with this situation of course is the risk the buyer bears putting down the money upfront, and this situation where a cheaper version was later introduced makes it all the more hassling.

I will email and politely ask to downgrade to the regular version, but I'm guessing it won't do any good. They already have my money and are counting how many orders they will need to fulfill. I realize it's not easy on their end either. It's just unfortunate that their loyal costumers can get burned.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
fast strike

Might have to miss out on fast strike and Wait for the next development ..damm no more monies.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Look at it from a different point of view: the LE edition have a higher collectability and resale potential. The real collectors don't care about money but the complete kit.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I will email and politely ask to downgrade to the regular version, but I'm guessing it won't do any good. They already have my money and are counting how many orders they will need to fulfill. I realize it's not easy on their end either. It's just unfortunate that their loyal costumers can get burned.

I don't know if that's worthwhile dude. First of all, if you did the initial preorder you got the LE at the discounted rate. Second of all, you'd have to check the exchange rate at the time. I know dollar wise I ended up paying about 20 cents more per Euro than I would have paid if I bought the game now. Of course, at the time I was expecting to have the game before Christmas, so the exchange rate shouldn't have changed that much during the wait time. That extra money is just gone now.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Look at it from a different point of view: the LE edition have a higher collectability and resale potential. The real collectors don't care about money but the complete kit.

Personally I have all previous 2 MVS kits so it doesn't bother me at all (in fact I like their MVS packaging better than AES).

However I disagree about LE collectability, as soon as AES is available for preorder, many tried to sell their MVS carts. In Alec's case, many just want the least expensive means to get MVS cart and now they're bummed out the cheaper version is available. This is usually the case for MVS collectors, they just want genuine carts for lowest possible cost, perhaps pay a little more for rarer ones.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Looks like the AES version is delayed for a month, the new ship date is at the end of April.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I don't know if that's worthwhile dude. First of all, if you did the initial preorder you got the LE at the discounted rate. Second of all, you'd have to check the exchange rate at the time. I know dollar wise I ended up paying about 20 cents more per Euro than I would have paid if I bought the game now. Of course, at the time I was expecting to have the game before Christmas, so the exchange rate shouldn't have changed that much during the wait time. That extra money is just gone now.
Just an update. I did get my 100 euros refunded by NGDev, and they will be shipping me the standard version. They are a class act all around.

westtrade

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
So, I logged into the NGDev shop site today because I wanted to get my tracking number for Gun Lord. Since the game had a delayed release date of Feb 5, I wanted to see when I should expect it at my home... Can someone please tell me why the game has new release date of March 15?? I can understand a small delay, (the game was 1st listed to be released in Dec of 2011) But this is starting to look like vaporware.

Maybe its just me, but why cant NGDev send a email to all of those who paid for a game back in September and tell them the status of the game?? I mean If you need 6 more months to fix the game, that's fine, but at least tell your paying customers the truth and stop changing dates at a moments notice.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
So, I logged into the NGDev shop site today because I wanted to get my tracking number for Gun Lord. Since the game had a delayed release date of Feb 5, I wanted to see when I should expect it at my home... Can someone please tell me why the game has new release date of March 15?? I can understand a small delay, (the game was 1st listed to be released in Dec of 2011) But this is starting to look like vaporware.

Maybe its just me, but why cant NGDev send a email to all of those who paid for a game back in September and tell them the status of the game?? I mean If you need 6 more months to fix the game, that's fine, but at least tell your paying customers the truth and stop changing dates at a moments notice.

I think they got hassled about the lack of cool/animated backgrounds.... so they're making it better. see post below.

I'll wait till next year if they make the game better. you have a point though about transparency..... just give us a reason and let us know what's going on. As far as vaporware? i wouldn't jump to conclusions about that just yet, if ever... they have a pretty good track record for releasing tangible products.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you read the thread it says that they hired another pixel artist and the game has increased in size due to additions to the game.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I hope it dont get pushed back any further.

Last edited:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
From NG:DEV.TEAM's facebook page on Wednesday:

"We will release next week the final trailer and the release date of Gunlord MVS."

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Have a look at some new intro stills! Enjoy!
intro.png

Last edited:

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Fantastic art! Really looking forward to the new trailer and the release of the game.

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Looks like the color palette from a Mega Drive game.

Na not really, it uses a lot more colors. But it is similar, the artist who was responsible for the intro used this old school style for it. With a lot of dithering and mixed colors.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Can't wait to see the final trailer.

When is that supposed to be coming out? I was sent an email by NG: DEV.TEAM a couple of months ago saying it would be out in February.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.