offical wwe thread

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
In regards to TNA moving to Wednesdays without much notice is a sign that Spike is looking to get rid of it. They extended their contract till the end of 2014. Who knows what'll happen in 2015 for them. I'd like for TNA to survive so we can have more wrestling content.

Thanks Vince.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I heard their moving back to Thursday's to avoid going head to head with Friday Night NFL Football. They'd get eaten alive in the ratings if they didn't move.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I heard their moving back to Thursday's to avoid going head to head with Friday Night NFL Football. They'd get eaten alive in the ratings if they didn't move.

The NFL is running Thursdays this year, not Friday... Weird move.

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
In regards to TNA moving to Wednesdays without much notice is a sign that Spike is looking to get rid of it. They extended their contract till the end of 2014. Who knows what'll happen in 2015 for them. I'd like for TNA to survive so we can have more wrestling content.

Thanks Vince.

Check out stuff from Japan like New Japan, Dragon Gate, DDT, Stardom, etc... or Mexican promotions like CMLL or AAA. Certain people upload shows pretty regularly on Dailymotion. ROH puts their weekly show online if you don't have Sinclair.

Or support indie wrestling!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
•It was reported by Mark Madden that Kurt Angle outright called Triple H to inquire about a WWE return and Triple H blew him off. So Angle decided to call Vince McMahon, who told him Triple H is in charge of talent decisions now. This was a risky play on Angle's part because it pissed Triple H off that Angle would go over his head. It certainly doesn't look like he'll be coming back to WWE.

Vince pushing Angle off on Triple H is some pretty harsh bureaucracy. Grudge much, Vinny Mac?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Filming of his movie is supposed to finish September 20. Great move by WWE to send away their hottest guy in the hottest fued they've done in forever.

I'd also take that Mark Madden thing with a grain of salt. The guy is and always has been full of shit.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Filming of his movie is supposed to finish September 20. Great move by WWE to send away their hottest guy in the hottest fued they've done in forever.

Just means they can spend more time on promoting Cena as a tweener!!!

And, of coure, continuing to push Roman Reigns who, I'm sorry guys, just isn't that good. He's a very one dimensional guy with a few staple moves and a good look. I agree with EG here.

But one thing they did with him last night that actually makes some fucking sense is that he came back to haunt Seth Rollins. This is an appropriate use for his character-it's like he completely forgot about Rollins' betrayal in order to chase the title.

From a storyline point of view, I'm liking Rollins-Kane vs. Ambrose-Reigns.

And as far as shooting a movie goes, they can't do anything about that. Film schedules are sent months, even years in advance sometimes, and the movie train waits for no one. If Ambrose was slated to appear in the film, he was contractually obligated. That he's big with fans right now is independent of the film schedule. If there wasn't crowd heat on the Shield fallout, Ambrose's absence wouldn't matter. I think this is going to make the feud better when he gets back.

And I +1 the feud. It is insanely entertaining.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Just means they can spend more time on promoting Cena as a tweener!!!

And, of coure, continuing to push Roman Reigns who, I'm sorry guys, just isn't that good. He's a very one dimensional guy with a few staple moves and a good look. I agree with EG here.

But one thing they did with him last night that actually makes some fucking sense is that he came back to haunt Seth Rollins. This is an appropriate use for his character-it's like he completely forgot about Rollins' betrayal in order to chase the title.

From a storyline point of view, I'm liking Rollins-Kane vs. Ambrose-Reigns.

And as far as shooting a movie goes, they can't do anything about that. Film schedules are sent months, even years in advance sometimes, and the movie train waits for no one. If Ambrose was slated to appear in the film, he was contractually obligated. That he's big with fans right now is independent of the film schedule. If there wasn't crowd heat on the Shield fallout, Ambrose's absence wouldn't matter. I think this is going to make the feud better when he gets back.

And I +1 the feud. It is insanely entertaining.
I was all for Reigns a few months ago, but wow has he gotten stale fast. My wife still likes swooning over him which is just about the only reason we watch his matches.
I had time to think about how awful this past Raw was, and THIS is the highlight of the show.
They really need a creative change.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Check out stuff from Japan like New Japan, Dragon Gate, DDT, Stardom, etc... or Mexican promotions like CMLL or AAA. Certain people upload shows pretty regularly on Dailymotion. ROH puts their weekly show online if you don't have Sinclair.

Or support indie wrestling!

I check them out often. As a matter of fact, I saw New Japan while I was in Japan in 2012. Great experience!

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
Did you guys catch the Shield Summer Slam doc from the network? WWE had EVERYONE (Heyman, Laurinaitis, Bryan, etc) putting Reigns over. It was a nice documentary, but it felt like the whole point of the show was to get guys that the Internet likes to put Reigns over because they know people are going to start treating him like Cena when he gets his huge push between now & mania.

He is awesome in a tag team, but that match with him and Orton was average at best. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, I'm saying let him get better before you make him a star.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Main event match is usually a come down match anyways. Unless it features someone like Shaun Micheals, CM Punk or Daniel Bryan.

But anyways, if they push Reigns to the moon, the will have to build up some heels that can work their asses off.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Is it just me, or does anyone else suspect a Bull Dempsy/Kevin Steen Tag team?

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
The Monday Night Wars was persuading me to keep the network but after the NWO and Attitude episodes I feel like it's straying from history a little too much to paint helpless Vince vs. the world.

I do like how they show the week by week ratings for the period and I find it interesting that RAW is pulling the same numbers today that it was back in '96 when WWE "sucked".

Wrestling was in a boom period between '97-'00 I don't expect present day Raw to get the 6's and 7's pulled in by Nitro and Raw, BUT.... WWE essentially lost the entire WCW fan base and then some in the decade after the buyout— holy shit!

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They aren't doing much better today than WCW did when it died.

Of course, the cable landscape is much more fractured today than it was then also.

Last edited:

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
They aren't doing much better today than WCW did when it died.

Of course, the cable landscape is much more fractured today than it was then also.

The fact that Vince writes the shows to cater to HIM instead of his audience doesn't do the WWE any favors. Vince going public was his main goal all along. We can either continue to watch it or we can switch over. Me? I've switched over to TNA, NJPW, and various other indies.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Main event match is usually a come down match anyways. Unless it features someone like Shaun Micheals, CM Punk or Daniel Bryan.

But anyways, if they push Reigns to the moon, the will have to build up some heels that can work their asses off.

You're gonna have to work your ass off if you wanna have a decent match against a lard like reigns. Sandbagging goon, give him cesaro and let him pound that sandbag pretty boy.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
The fact that Vince writes the shows to cater to HIM instead of his audience doesn't do the WWE any favors. Vince going public was his main goal all along. We can either continue to watch it or we can switch over. Me? I've switched over to TNA, NJPW, and various other indies.

I tried to watch TNA this week and I wound up fast forwarding through a lot except for Jessicka Havok's teaser, the x-division match and the main event

Once Kenta, Prince Devitt and Kevin Steen show up on NXT I'm there but for now it's ROH/NJPW/PWG/DG/AIW

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
You're gonna have to work your ass off if you wanna have a decent match against a lard like reigns. Sandbagging goon, give him cesaro and let him pound that sandbag pretty boy.

Reigns can work pretty damn well, he is still getting used to being the only one out there. He was a stud in all the tag matches with the Shield but it takes some adjusting. I would rather him slowly work on his game up until Mania and see where he goes from there. Push the belt onto him to fast and it could fall in his face. Wait until Mania and there is still a chance it will fail but you have set him up in a much better position as a singles star to carry the weight. The guy has the pedigree to succeed as long as they do it right and take their time.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Reigns can work pretty damn well, he is still getting used to being the only one out there. He was a stud in all the tag matches with the Shield but it takes some adjusting. I would rather him slowly work on his game up until Mania and see where he goes from there. Push the belt onto him to fast and it could fall in his face. Wait until Mania and there is still a chance it will fail but you have set him up in a much better position as a singles star to carry the weight. The guy has the pedigree to succeed as long as they do it right and take their time.

All of this makes a lot of sense, I just hate the train along the way mentality. Be fucking ready when you come into the ring, that's all I want from the talent but I'm just rambling from a personal perspective, not the WWE as a whole.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member

IMO Reigns is a joke, the way he sold the chairshot from Rollins was terrible! The supeman punch fucking sucks, the guy talks like a half-wit and his hair needs to go.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
RO-Z>Reigns...yeah, I said it. I'd say it at a Wild Samoans Easter picnic at the park, too...just because starting rivalries and family in-fighting is something I have a knack for, lol.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wow, from reading the comments here and on Twitter it looks like I didn't miss much tonight. I made sure I set the DVR before I went to my cousin's house for the BBQ but it looks like there's not much too it this week.

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
I actually kinda liked Raw last night. It was much better than last week (but that isn't saying much).

The low light continues to be how they treat Cena & the main event at NoC though. They have all these TV writers who can't put together an episodic narration from week-to-week. Or maybe they can and Vince rewrites it all 5 minutes before airing...