Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Tried once to see what all the hype was about that game, personally found it to be an average hack and slash platformer. Why people pay so much for games like that I'll never fathom.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Tried once to see what all the hype was about that game, personally found it to be an average hack and slash platformer. Why people pay so much for games like that I'll never fathom.

I agree, I feel the same for NITD.

"It's teh rarez!"

SSVS ain't even good.

SSVS is only good for visuals, it's horrid. lol people paying like $1300 for it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Most rare games are rare because people thought they were shit when they came out and no one bought them. Then, over time, they reach critical faget mass of Youtube "experts" and collectards, which drives up the price. Meanwhile, the game is still shit but people convince themselves otherwise to justify the purchase, then move on to the next unearthed hunk of shit. Rinse, repeat.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
One thing that pisses me off, sellers who ask top dollar for bootlegs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252687956319?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I messaged this guy to politely let him know that this is a bootleg, he didnt respond or change his listing.
Unless of course something has happened in the past 6 months and SVC is now worth silly money?

SVC has always been worth silly money, well atleast in the past few years. Only time you getting it for less than $150 is if you buy the PCB but even those are starting to dry up.

No boot is worth more than ~$40

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I agree, I feel the same for NITD.

That Ganryu label looks fake/faded to hell.

NITD is pretty decent, awesome soundtrack and two player at the same time but yeah its a decent 7/10, The game really needed an extra world or two, the game felt way too short.

With this in mind, the difficulty setting of level 8 vs 4 is radical. The enemies at level 4 are typical George A. Romero zombie speed, but level 8 is full on 28 days later speed.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That Ganryu is most likely legit, it does have a holo label. That's what my cart looked like

Dandan

n00b
SVC has always been worth silly money, well atleast in the past few years. Only time you getting it for less than $150 is if you buy the PCB but even those are starting to dry up.

No boot is worth more than ~$40

Ok so this guy really is asking way too much for a bootleg.
Am I right in saying that the bootleg is actually more likely to work on a one slot?
I remember in the early days the later releases wouldn't boot on one slots due to the encryption?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
One thing that pisses me off, sellers who ask top dollar for bootlegs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252687956319?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I messaged this guy to politely let him know that this is a bootleg, he didnt respond or change his listing.
Unless of course something has happened in the past 6 months and SVC is now worth silly money?

The weird thing with SVC is the bootleg is actually more desirable than the original due to balance and unlocked fighters etc.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
The weird thing with SVC is the bootleg is actually more desirable than the original due to balance and unlocked fighters etc.

How hard is it to unlock the characters? Or is this just more of a problem for anyone with a Neo Geo that can't save?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Ok so this guy really is asking way too much for a bootleg.
Am I right in saying that the bootleg is actually more likely to work on a one slot?
I remember in the early days the later releases wouldn't boot on one slots due to the encryption?

No thats false, there are no compatibility issues with official carts and the type of MVS board.

This is the SVC "PLUS" hack, not the regular bootleg. Also, there are two versions of the "PLUS" hack. The more desireable one added the roll mechanic back into the game. Regardless the game is still pretty crappy.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Last edited: