Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222180653970?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Bootleg Mark of the Wolves over 」103.00 so far on auction. There are lots of pictures and the seller even states it's not original, am I missing something here......
maybe we have finally reached a point where there is such a thing as the bootleg collector? People who "love"/"want" a game so much, they have to have ever "version" of it there ever was?
[Similar situation with SSVS for reference.]

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I was kind of wondering that myself as I saw that on ebay, but the value probably comes from just something someone else will see you/we do not. If you're buying a like new cabinet, something totally refurbished and redone inside and out so it's like brand new, someone will pay and pay very well for that. Considering the tools, know how, time, labor(effort), possible crating/shipping/local transport involved in doing it yourself or hiring someone local to you to do such work adds up quite a lot.

With mine I got lucky, got a hell of a deal with from a nice guy with a truck. Offered at no cost to drive it across town and help load it into my place, I just had to help out and provider a dolly. It's no longer up there so he pulled it or something happened.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Market access.:keke:

ygs0d.gif

xorthen

Banned
I was just about to post this but I saw yours first. But yeah, for real. Why the fuck would you VGA grade a fucking neo geo cart. Idiots! This gaming hobby is going to shit faster and faster every passing day. Nobody wants to buy a neo geo game to just let it sit around unplayed for fucks sake. It's not a god damn piece of cardboard collectible it's a game that's meant to be played. Ugh, this shit gets under my skin so bad.

He even put WOW! in the title sale. What a piece of shit.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Nobody wants to buy a neo geo game to just let it sit around unplayed for fucks sake. It's not a god damn piece of cardboard collectible it's a game that's meant to be played.

You must be new here.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That guy should be beaten half to death with that VGA coffin. I really didn't need to know about that or see it. That shit repelled me almost entirely away from buying anything console related damn near across the board if it's Nintendo (and it has been over 3 years since I bought a NES or SNES game online due to that horse shit and rarely locally.) VGA, all the knife to throat tactics to screw people to one up the value on the flip, all of it, fuck that entire mess of a scene. What's next, a huge plastic coffin for original OEM pinball machines with original parts, manuals, and lights that all still function? Next time someone wants to make a rolling manure bomb again, park it outside the VGA facilities.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
I was just about to post this but I saw yours first. But yeah, for real. Why the fuck would you VGA grade a fucking neo geo cart. Idiots! This gaming hobby is going to shit faster and faster every passing day. Nobody wants to buy a neo geo game to just let it sit around unplayed for fucks sake. It's not a god damn piece of cardboard collectible it's a game that's meant to be played. Ugh, this shit gets under my skin so bad.

He even put WOW! in the title sale. What a piece of shit.

the bigger pieces of shits are VGA / CGA grading compnaies who even let people do this. Is this copy even really sealed? it doesnt look like it, guy doesnt show the seal at the side.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
SVC Chaos did not come sealed so you can't tell for sure if it's new. Hell, even new copies had scuffs on the cart which makes this grading bullshit even more worthless.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
The funnyer part about all this beeing people that see variations of color due to offset printing as sunfade (not saying sunfade dont exist, but its a really different thing)
Not to mention people seeing marked nam75 as flawed and low quality... When its actually the one enbedding/sharing the most history.
I dont get how you can collect aes and not be touched by its natural flaws...