Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I want to buy Musha. Is it easy tell if a copy is legit? It seems obvious that the clear cases are not legit...

As far as I've seen, MD/Genesis repros & bootlegs are still pretty easy to spot visually without the actual goods in front of you. Even the most convincing ones tend to have small changes in their labels or inserts. Unless you're going by a single crap photo, one or more things should probably stand out if you have a legit comparison (try segaretro.org for great scans). Many don't even have the right case, for example where it'll have shelf tags when it shouldn't.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
shelf tags?

I misspoke, whatever the hell you call these things:

4ud5lBU.jpg

It's less helpful with US releases, but Japanese Mega Drive games only got them towards the end of their run with the redesigned blue sidebar packaging.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

4ud5lBU.jpg

It's less helpful with US releases, but Japanese Mega Drive games only got them towards the end of their run with the redesigned blue sidebar packaging.

hang tags

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

4ud5lBU.jpg

MUSHA definitely comes with a hang tab.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Here's a repro MUSHA that isn't being advertised that way (it laughably asks that you pay attention).
It's still a pretty easy visual ID versus a genuine one. At these prices though, I'd recommend looking for MUSHA Aleste instead at around a fifth of what the US version is getting listed for...
Prices are iffy for a musha aleste as of late some times it's over $200.00 or less.I'm not surprised though at these repro's showing up for musha,one of the most desired shooters for the genesis.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
MUSHA Aleste can still be found at around $100 in YJ, so even with proxy fees & shipping it shouldn't be quite as bad as what it's looking like on eBay lately.

Swinging back to Neo-Geo, I did find this incredible bargain! At least throw in a non-cracked AES for that price range...

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
MUSHA Aleste can still be found at around $100 in YJ, so even with proxy fees & shipping it shouldn't be quite as bad as what it's looking like on eBay lately.

Depends on where you go in Japan I guess, certainly not in Tokyo. Anyway, it's either Musha Aleste (JP) or MUSHA (US).