Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'd argue NGDev games are different than other "unofficial" releases, but I agree w/your point. However, I think the "official" CS2 release by Raz will hold collector value vs when the ROMs are released, though as mentioned I'm curious what it will do. I know people hate on the Jaguar, rightfully so, but the most expensive game on there is an aftermarket release and still commands $500+ despite the ROMs being available, anyone can make their own EPROM cart for around $25 or so.

There's a weird kind of mass psychosis afflicting this hobby right now and that type of thing is exhibit A.

FWIW, I agree about NGDev games. However, Crossed Swords 2 has the same value as Iron Clad or any other bootleg, ie. the cost of parts and labor only. Razoola and others were already compensated for their work.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Wow. The auction just broke the $1000 mark. Just wow.

Exactly why I don't count ebay auctions for the price guides. And people argue with me about cart value...lol

As a buyer for this game, it's retarded but if you are the seller, it's a dream come true when idiots have a bid war like that. If the buyer isn't willing to do the research before bidding on an auction, they deserve that shit.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Exactly why I don't count ebay auctions for the price guides. And people argue with me about cart value...lol

As a buyer for this game, it's retarded but if you are the seller, it's a dream come true when idiots have a bid war like that. If the buyer isn't willing to do the research before bidding on an auction, they deserve that shit.

Exactly. Here's another example: A couple of years back, I auctioned a dog tag Art of Fighting 1. Decent shape, nothing extraordinary. Opening bid was 99 cents and it sold for $500. Buyer paid, I shipped it, no return/chargeback. Crazy shit.

Ramad

What reasearch is the buyer supposed to do? There are NO previous copies of this game sold on ebay. It's only recently that it came into existence in cartridge form, and is sold out, an extremely limited release. Raz hasn't released the roms yet.

That game in its form is very, very unique. Obviously to someone, it's worth a lot.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
There's a weird kind of mass psychosis afflicting this hobby right now and that type of thing is exhibit A.

This psychosis is affecting the whole "retro gaming" scene. The boot population is increasing for MD/Genesis and SNES games. Saturn and PCE games are skyrocketing in price. People who missed out on gaming in the 90's are afflicted with this gotta-catch-em-all business and are driving auctions up, up and up. The desperation to recapture a glimpse of our lost gaming youth is unexplainable. If this is a bubble, I don't know when dafuq it's gonna burst.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This psychosis is affecting the whole "retro gaming" scene. The boot population is increasing for MD/Genesis and SNES games. Saturn and PCE games are skyrocketing in price. People who missed out on gaming in the 90's are afflicted with this gotta-catch-em-all business and are driving auctions up, up and up. The desperation to recapture a glimpse of our lost gaming youth is unexplainable. If this is a bubble, I don't know when dafuq it's gonna burst.

The thing that annoys me the most is it's generally the people who weren't even into this shit when it was current that are the thirstiest buyers and hoarders.

I didn't have a NES back in the day so quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass about it. I did, however, buy a Mega Drive in 1990 so it's somewhat understandable why I would hold that system near and dear. So when I see all these noobs, many of whom were still swimming around their father's ball sack or barely out of diapers in 1990 buying everything up, it pisses me the fuck off. Most of these people either don't play the games or are so piss poor at them it's like a fucking blind man owning a collection of rare firearms.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What reasearch is the buyer supposed to do? There are NO previous copies of this game sold on ebay. It's only recently that it came into existence in cartridge form, and is sold out, an extremely limited release. Raz hasn't released the roms yet.

That game in its form is very, very unique. Obviously to someone, it's worth a lot.

You can't be serious.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=crossed+swords+2+aes

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

Valid, but if you want CS2 on the AES in the present, what are the choices? That EBay auction. I paid like $100 for a new Pochi and Nyaa kit years ago, it's no longer readily available so I would have to pay more now, regardless of doing research on the prices from when it was being sold. Supply and demand.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
So... what in my post flew over your head? I'll be more than happy to help you.

That any neo fan could have ordered a copy here for $300. It wasn't like it appeared one day and disappeared the next. It was mentioned on this forum and other places for months.

After while when MVS and AES finally sold out - there was an offer of another run. At one point Rot offered up his own money to make a 2nd run happen if they couldn't find enough buyers.

That is the joke here. That is where research would help. It's a $300 cart and the profit from that is for Raz and his team. Beyond that - as others have said, it has the value of any other conversion.

Ramad

That any neo fan could have ordered a copy here for $300. It wasn't like it appeared one day and disappeared the next. It was mentioned on this forum and other places for months.

After while when MVS and AES finally sold out - there was an offer of another run. At one point Rot offered up his own money to make a 2nd run happen if they couldn't find enough buyers.

That is the joke here. That is where research would help. It's a $300 cart and the profit from that is for Raz and his team. Beyond that - as others have said, it has the value of any other conversion.

But what I don't understand, is that while it has been known about Raz putting it out, the actual release of the game has been limited. Again, how many were supplied? Less than 100? So if Raz isn't selling the game anymore, how is someone supposed to get an AES game that Raz had produced? It's original selling price is meaningless if you can't continue to buy it from the source any longer.

Let's take this further. How many folks are going to know how to make an AES cart when Raz releases the ROM data? How many folks will be able to make a high resolution insert, sticker, and manual? (Other than our friends over in France?) :)

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
But what I don't understand, is that while it has been known about Raz putting it out, the actual release of the game has been limited. Again, how many were supplied? Less than 100? So if Raz isn't selling the game anymore, how is someone supposed to get an AES game that Raz had produced? It's original selling price is meaningless if you can't continue to buy it from the source any longer.

Let's take this further. How many folks are going to know how to make an AES cart when Raz releases the ROM data? How many folks will be able to make a high resolution insert, sticker, and manual? (Other than our friends over in France?) :)

That is all completely irrelevant.

The fact is the information about the release was out in the community for months. Anyone who really wanted it had the opportunity to but it. The people who are willing to pay that amount of money in that auction are fools with too much cash.

So what if Raz released 100 or 1000.

I bet that the you're the type of person who will say the AES release is worth what that auction ends for, right?

Ever thought about creating a price guide?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Guess it's time for another release....

That's just insane. We haven't even hit snipe time yet.

Who wants to start placing bids on the final value?

I got $5.00 on it. Closest to ending bid takes all.

Ramad

That is all completely irrelevant.

The fact is the information about the release was out in the community for months. Anyone who really wanted it had the opportunity to but it. The people who are willing to pay that amount of money in that auction are fools with too much cash.

So what if Raz released 100 or 1000.

I bet that the you're the type of person who will say the AES release is worth what that auction ends for, right?

Ever thought about creating a price guide?

Get that passive-aggressive shit out of here, man.

I don't follow the Neo as doggedly as others, so I didn't know about it until recently. I didn't get a chance to go after it. And no, there's no game that I would purchase for that price.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Get that passive-aggressive shit out of here, man.

I don't follow the Neo as doggedly as others, so I didn't know about it until recently. I didn't get a chance to go after it. And no, there's no game that I would purchase for that price.

You must be new around here.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fakk2 was a genius for buying those 10 copies!

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
The thing that annoys me the most is it's generally the people who weren't even into this shit when it was current that are the thirstiest buyers and hoarders.

I didn't have a NES back in the day so quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass about it. I did, however, buy a Mega Drive in 1990 so it's somewhat understandable why I would hold that system near and dear. So when I see all these noobs, many of whom were still swimming around their father's ball sack or barely out of diapers in 1990 buying everything up, it pisses me the fuck off. Most of these people either don't play the games or are so piss poor at them it's like a fucking blind man owning a collection of rare firearms.

I don't want to veer too far off topic here- I do think most 20 somethings definitely remember what this stuff is and played it back then. Personally, pretty much every person I know had something back then, or if not played it at a friends house (I think almost anytime someone came over we would play SNES.) I do think they have justification enjoying playing the games just as much as anyone else. The supply just doesn't meet the demand, and that is where the high prices come into play from.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object