Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Voodoohead

Morden's Lackey
It's who you know, seriously. I was very lucky in picking this game up for a great price just 12 months ago. It can be picked up cheaper than $700, it's just a combination of luck and timing.

good job man thumbs up :)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
WTF happened to the prices on the early games? Even NAM and Ninja Commando carts are over $100. I know it's not 2005 anymore, but WTF drove up the price of a game like Ninja Commando to be more expensive than Metal Slug? NAM is a great game, but it's not $150 good. Even the CD versions are insane. I found a new NGCD of Ninja Commando for $100 and that actually seems like a deal these days.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
WTF happened to the prices on the early games? Even NAM and Ninja Commando carts are over $100. I know it's not 2005 anymore, but WTF drove up the price of a game like Ninja Commando to be more expensive than Metal Slug? NAM is a great game, but it's not $150 good. Even the CD versions are insane. I found a new NGCD of Ninja Commando for $100 and that actually seems like a deal these days.

That's what I'm sayin! I'd like to get both NAM and Ninja Commando, but for like $40 each or something. Yaton needs to make a comeback!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Stupid impatient fucking noobs and greedy sellers is what happened.

madman

At least League Bowling is still reasonable, until someone makes a YouTube video about it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It's not a conspiracy, it's simple math:

hype + noobs = pricejack :D

Doesn't help that many sellers on here price at or near "market rate" now...

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Stupid impatient fucking noobs and greedy sellers is what happened.

Speaking of greedy sellers, I just contacted the seller of this aution about sending or posting pictures of the spine of the game. The listing stated that it is mint but on the second picture, it looks like there is a rip on the top of the spine. I told the seller that if he post the picture, I'll buy it. Instead of posting the requested picture, he immediately hike the price up 40% to $129.

Fuck this guy

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Speaking of greedy sellers, I just contacted the seller of this aution about sending or posting pictures of the spine of the game. The listing stated that it is mint but on the second picture, it looks like there is a rip on the top of the spine. I told the seller that if he post the picture, I'll buy it. Instead of posting the requested picture, he immediately hike the price up 40% to $129.

Fuck this guy

Weird, I've dealt with him before and he was OK. Check out the manuals he has listed though... :lolz:

EDIT: Beat me to it ;)

madman

Fuck this guy

He's selling a SSIV manual for $400? WTF.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Here's hoping for the inevitable price crash.

Never gonna happen for the truly rare homecarts - too few printed and even fewer nm/mint copies have survived.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Fuck the homecarts, man :)
An MVS crash would suit me fine!

despite production numbers and general scarcity between AES and MVS I don't see a difference. I don't see the Neo market ever crashing to be honest. It may stabilise, after the prices continue to increase over the next couple of years. A crash though is highly doubtful.

And even if it does crash, do you think that is when the majority of people are going to sell up and the market will be flooded with cheap Sengoku 2 and Ganryu carts? Ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
That's what ended up happening.
It was a different seller, not the one i linked to, but when i made a best offer deal he countered with $80 shipped.

Not long after I started researching the power supply and i stumbled on to this forum. They told me exactly what kind of power supply i should look out for. one goodwill trip and $5 dollars later, my neo is powered on and i get to play magician lord.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Oh my god those manual prices are insane... It's just some fucking paper!!!!!

madman

Guy is asking that much money and posts crap pictures?