Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Time to clean the MVS maybe? All of 'em worked for me as is. That said, some units are more sensitive than others. My 4 slot is more picky.

after a good cleaning, all the games work fine now. what would be a good way to clean my mvs, the cartridge slots at least?

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Yeah the YJA one is not too bad. It's right around the HI side of the JNX guide. But some others I've seen are like: WTF!?

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
its gotten to the point to where people are almost asking 2 grand for the aes game!!!!! GEEZUS! very happy I have an mvs copy

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
after a good cleaning, all the games work fine now. what would be a good way to clean my mvs, the cartridge slots at least?
For the cart slots you can use contact cleaner (DeoxIT D5 has been recommended by the pros on here). Put that on a cardboard sheet which fits into you slot tightly or - which I do - wrap a clean piece of cloth (e.g. from an old T-Shirt) around a credit card: insert and remove several times. If you clean your carts with DeoxIT every time before you insert them, they will keep the slot clean, too.

let the flipping begin!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I shudder to think what's inside the later Slugs (probably flash chips on adapters).

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I disagree. Since the boards can't be seen, I go by cart shell. Observe them carefully. Notice, they all have the exact same texture and shade of black. If Slug 3 onward had original mask ROMs, the cart shells would be much darker than the one used for Slug 1. I bet the sacrificial carts used to be KOF 97 era games. Because the newer slugs require the CHAFIO board and sac carts older than KOF 99 (with its dark black shell) have the older CHA512 board, I conclude that all the newer slugs have crummy flash ROMs or some such shoddy work.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Why hello there Stefano. Lol.

Real shame to be making bootlegs of an active publishers game. Not just illegal, also immoral.

I imagine the only reason stefano wasn't part of the purge was cumulative $$ spent at the neo store.