seattle neo?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
just moved cross country to seattle, and know literally no one. its quite an adjustment from living in the country. anybody from the forums live around seattle? i need some drinking and gaming buddies to show me around this place!

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
you moved?
I'll never see you again?

You didn't even leave a note...

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
haha yea man. I got into The Diver's Institute of Technology. I probably will be living on the west coast for atleast the next 10 or so years. some day im gonna have to ship my neo cab all the way over here since its such an ultra rare model :oh_no: that will be hell.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Yeah...about your cab....I found out that it went missing with all your mvs and aes stuff....and your satrun.....and snatcher. A Meatl copter was involved.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Aww damn. If you find any of it please be sure and sell it to Dirty D's at the flea market for like.... $2 per game. I appreciate it.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
What is up max 330 mega! There aren't very many washingtonians on this site, but there are some. I live about 3 hours away from Seattle, and would be down for doing something if we could all arrange a gathering time.

P.S. hey, want to buy a cab!?

dsc0899tn1.jpg

i'll sell cheap!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i would more than likely be all over that except, A) tekken makes me puke, and I'm spoiled with candy cabs nowadays, and B) i dont have anyway of transporting the mammoth back to my apartment (plenty of room for it here, just no ride to get it here)

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I actually re-wired it and used it for neo geo. The namco kick harness is still in it and could easily be re-wired up. It currently has a KOF 2k3 marquee on it, and I could drive it to you. i'm only looking for about $350 for it. I just need to sell before I move away in about a month.

Blue Mary Mania 8

King's Dry Cleaner
I might also be moving to Seattle. If the apartment app goes through...the end of this month!

Thoughts about Seattle? Good, bad, in between?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
haha... my thoughts about seattle. im a country boy, this is the city. its weird, the bus system can be very confusing, the people all have this fucked up passive agressiveness, and the bar scene is shit from what ive seen. china town rules, and craigslist is always loaded with people giving away all sorts of cool shit for free. the good with the bad i guess.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
haha... my thoughts about seattle. im a country boy, this is the city. its weird, the bus system can be very confusing, the people all have this fucked up passive agressiveness, and the bar scene is shit from what ive seen. china town rules, and craigslist is always loaded with people giving away all sorts of cool shit for free. the good with the bad i guess.

Wait, you think VA has a good bar scene? HA! I like PA a lot better....well just about anything other than VA, I would still perfer to get waisted at your place and rap about Melissa and video games....GOD I MISS YOU.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
yes. i definitely agree with cornerboy. If I honestly had a choice as to where I could be located within the US for my diving career, it would def. be PA. Too bad I'll probably be in Asia : ( ...... YEA RIGHT! haha why the fuck else would I have chose this school? International certifications baby!

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Originally a S. Cal boy but i've lived in Washington longer(16 years to be exact). The Neo scene is pretty dead here. The last great arcade was Gametown located in Seatac. They closed the arcade side down a year ago and now it's pretty much just an online cafe. Shame because they had a lot of awesome players there.

Only thing left is Gameworks over in Downtown. It's pretty much an SFIV playground. It gets a lot of tournament play. They have Blazblue, Tastunoko Vs Capcom, KoFXII and Tekken 6 there also. All are running on Japanese cabs.

Myself... I've owned a couple of cabs in the past. I've narrowed it down to just my 4-slot MVU. Want to get at least two more in the near future.

If you want to get some console stuff(new and old) check out Pinkgorilla(formally godzilla) in Chinatown. You want places to drink, head up to California Ave/West Seattle, Queen Anne, Broadway/Capitol Hill, University District, Belltown and Pioneer Square. Welcome to C-town the Emerald City.

Btw, we just opened the Seattle Light Rail this past Summer. It goes from Tukwila all the way to Downtown Seattle. It's another way to check out the city.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
yea i still havn't ridden the light rail. im definitely going to have to figure out where the hell to board it at now though that i know it goes to tukwila. i have a possible new lady friend located there. will def beat bus jumping to get there. :buttrock:

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
I've been living near Seattle (eastside, Redmond / Kirkland area) for about 5 years now. Seattle might be my favorite place in the country.

I don't know if I have much time for hanging out nowadays, but if you're looking for stuff to do video game related, check out Pink Gorilla in the International district.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i frequent pink gorilla once a week. great place, i love chinatown in general. bubble teas are crazy.

aria

Former Moderator
Shoot, I should've checked here. Ramad and I were in town this past weekend.

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
i frequent pink gorilla once a week. great place, i love chinatown in general. bubble teas are crazy.

Chinatown is pretty cool but be careful if you're walking on foot at night. The area becomes something completely different. Lots of beggers and drug addicts hang around the streets. Better to walk with a buddy or a group.

As far as Bubble Tea goes... They have Gossip and Ambrosia but Oasis(across from Uwajimaya/Kinokuniya) is my favorite in Chinatown. Try the honeydew w/ jelly, taro or Thai tea flavors. They're all awesome. If you want the best Bubble/Boba Tea, though you'll have to go to Vancouver, B.C. Two hours away. The food there is awesome too.

Btw, check out the Puyallup Fair if you got the wheels. They have really good elephant ears(taste almost like a churro) and scones. I believe the final weekend to go is this weekend.

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
Chinatown is pretty cool but be careful if you're walking on foot at night. The area becomes something completely different. Lots of beggers and drug addicts hang around the streets. Better to walk with a buddy or a group.

As far as Bubble Tea goes... They have Gossip and Ambrosia but Oasis(across from Uwajimaya/Kinokuniya) is my favorite in Chinatown. Try the honeydew w/ jelly, taro or Thai tea flavors. They're all awesome. If you want the best Bubble/Boba Tea, though you'll have to go to Vancouver, B.C. Two hours away. The food there is awesome too.

Btw, check out the Puyallup Fair if you got the wheels. They have really good elephant ears(taste almost like a churro) and scones. I believe the final weekend to go is this weekend.

It's fucked up during the day, also. I've had crackheads try and grab me when I'm skateboarding around.

The Yummy House Bakery chain in international district is awesome, sweet treats for under $2. Oasis is great, there's one in University district now, too. The crepe place right near Pink Gorilla is also awesome.

If you want a cool bar to hang out in, check out Shorty's downtown. They have a ton of pinball machines.

If you're into collecting games, check out the Everett flea market. Sometimes there is good shit there. They run it all summer on the weekends at the Everett drive-in theater during the day. The drive-in theater is also awesome, I rarely see movies anywhere else.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
god damn you bobak. ive always wanted to meet you and play some MD 3 with you.

thanks for all the advice and suggestions guys, i have heard that shorty's is a place that i would definitely fit in. i think i may check it out this weekend.

bdlou

Quiz Detective
Semi-old thread bump. I'm up north in Bothell/Mill Creek. Been out here for almsot 10 years now. I have a 4 slot big red with about 50 titles. Also have a SlikStik cab I'm trying to full on MAME, and a cab that I think was originally an MK4 cabinet (or a generic cab) with Naomi hardware running Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I know there's at least one other couple in the state that are active collectors. If you ever post that you're selling Neo stuff on Craigslist, you will probably meet them.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I live 45 minutes from Seattle. :D I have a converted Neo MVS 1 slot I'd be down to meet some new neo fans.

Last edited:
Seattle/Shoreline border near Aurora here! Since I'm currently unemployed, who wants to drink beer and play some video games?

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i know it sounds kinda fruity. but is anyone around the area going to sakura-con (some kinda anime convention)? one of my coworkers is going and I will also be in the area. Hopefully it will have an arcade like anime expo.