Who loves pinball? (moved)

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
So I've been playing a lot of Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX2 on Steam lately. I picked up all of the FX2 tables I didn't have and the first two pro seasons of Arcade during the last sale.

Elvira's surprisingly fun.

I was playing Taxi earlier this morning. It's a lot of fun, too. I had a lot of fun bringing up the airport ride million thing.

Star Trek is a blast. I love that I have Pin Bot at home besides the NES cart, too. I don't even think Pin Bot is that interesting, but it's fun and nice to have.

The Deadpool table is what pushed me to hit up all the pinball stuff during the Steam sale. It wasn't even on sale, but I wanted it anyway. It's about the only FX2 table I've played in the past week. I've also dabbled in Star Wars Episode IV which I also got new, but Deadpool is hilarious and awesome. I really do hope that next time Zen decides to make pinball for mature audiences :lolz:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Deadpool was a lot of fun, loved all the shit that they got Nolan North to say. I just wish that Zen would overhaul the physics engine on the game. The ball is so damn random, it's too fast, too heavy, too floaty, you can't do post passes on some games, you can only hit certain ramps with the ball having enough speed as a combo shot (Excalibur) and I find it's a pain to follow the ball. I love what they do with the table designs because they can get away with anything but they need to make it play more like pinball then video pinball.

If I had the money or the space I'd take Stern up on the new Iron Man "Vault Edition" games they have coming out. There's a few games that age like a fine wine and Iron Man was one of them. I remember when it came out and everybody hated it. The game plays too fast! My game's over in less then three minutes! This is bullshit! And now EVERYBODY loves it because, "The game's so hard!" "The game's only last three to five minutes!" "It's brutal!" So I guess if you want a challenge, go with Iron Man.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Your dream pin?

I'll go 1st.

Data East, Batman.

Shoot the Flugelheim, all day-everyday.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Attack from Mars. Played the shit out of it when it came out. If Planetary Pinball is going to remake AFM after they finish Medieval Madness then I'm going to snag one. The used prices have been insane. I also want to get the new "Vault Edition" of Iron Man that Stern just released. That game was a real sleeper hit. I remember when it came out people hated it because the ball times where too short and now everybody loves it because it's so difficult. Go figure.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I guess I would have to go with Tales of the Arabian Nights. I have a lot of trouble picking any particular pin. Case in point, I own a 71 EM, an 80 solid state and a 92 DMD pin.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Saw the new pin thread, and figured I'd give the OG a bump.

a3d73eb3a82c1243e7413ccf58992a87_zpsdd326941.jpg

Currently only two pins in the line up. Party Zone is in rocking condition, and TFTC is a great player at the moment. I plan on buying a CPR plastics set and updating to LEDs in Tales. Playfield is nice, but cab could use some love.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Cyclone is top tier for me and Tales of the Arabian Nights. I might not go all for tales as on pinball classics collection I beat that table 4 times on one ball so it might be boring at my house quicker than normal.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I'll also be in the group of Theatre of Magic and Attack from Mars.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I've been trying to find a Super Mario pin full size version for awhile now. Guy was selling it for $1500 which was overpriced back then...Regrets for not picking it up as i haven't found one for sale in a couple years.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
T2 is my favorite because it was the first pinball table I played as a kid. Bride of Pinbot and Theater of Magic are a close 2nd.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Looks like you guys did an awesome job with the basement Beags.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Looks like you guys did an awesome job with the basement Beags.
It's getting there. I've still have some more tiles to lay and a little left to paint. From there it's mostly gravy. Couch and tv should do it. I have a killer commercial coke fridge that's stocked with like 100+ beers at the moment. The last thing I'm going to add is a urinal in the corner! It will be practical plus bring the lolz.

Back to pins: Is a flipper rebuild a bitch? The lower right flipper on Tales could definitely be stronger. The other two are fine, though I might bite the bullet and rebuild all three at once. If I'm handy with a solder iron and take my time I'll be fine, right?