Firearm enthusiast thread

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'm slowly sifting through this muck of 9mm AR parts. It seems that at the moment, I have a better chance of finding Atlantis that finding a dedicated, stripped 9mm lower...so this project may be dead in the water before it even starts...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The only dedicated 9mm lowers I know of are for Glock mags. There may be one made for Uzi or Colt stick mags but I can't recall. I can look around online. You're probably have to get a standard lower and use a mag block.

I wish the 9mm Saiga would come over here.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
The only dedicated 9mm lowers I know of are for Glock mags. There may be one made for Uzi or Colt stick mags but I can't recall. I can look around online. You're probably have to get a standard lower and use a mag block.

I wish the 9mm Saiga would come over here.

Spikes made a sweet one but it was limited.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If we could get register new FA guns I imagine dedicated 9mm lowers using the most popular handgun mags (Glock, M&P, xD) would print money.

I want a nice little subgun.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
What I would do to get a 93r

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Damn...reworked the TPS last night. When I was done, I propped it up against the wall and just soaked it in for a while to see if I liked the changes...

And like that...I'm back on the gun kick again. It's been a while, I really got burnt out on them after the Newtown horse shit and being thrust into 500 discussions about them...

Guess it's time to get back into shooting boys...giddyup...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well…bird in the hand + two in the bush. Went to my favorite firearm watering hole today and found this:

27347-DEFAULT-L.jpg

7" RRA 2.23/5.56 pistol. Talked them down to $850 from $900 and put my $$ down. I'll order that SIG arm brace later today and call it a day. Plop my EoTech 516 on it and I'm good to go, this will be a nasty little bastard when it's all said and done…a real CQB/C machine. That setup puts me a minimum of $500 than a 9mm setup…and I don't need to buy new magazines either.

I'll dive into a 9mm upper some time later…possibly next year.

So…when I'm done with this fella I'll add:

Magpul: BAD (a must with any AR in my opinion), MOE SL grip (made for short LOP weapons), MBUS sights,
SIG SB15
Rock River: Tactical muzzle brake, 2-stage match trigger
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
EoTech 516 sight

Last edited:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Well…bird in the hand + two in the bush. Went to my favorite firearm watering hole today and found this:

27347-DEFAULT-L.jpg

7" RRA 2.23/5.56 pistol. Talked them down to $850 from $900 and put my $$ down. I'll order that SIG arm brace later today and call it a day. Plop my EoTech 516 on it and I'm good to go, this will be a nasty little bastard when it's all said and done…a real CQB/C machine. That setup puts me a minimum of $500 than a 9mm setup…and I don't need to buy new magazines either.

nice man those are super boss i love RRA they make about the best ar for the money plus you can bump fire the hell out of those (expensive but fun)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Sig SB 15 and KAK designated buffer tube ordered...getting excited now...

That is going to be one fireball throwing little bastard....I can't wait to take it out. If the gods smile on me, perhaps it will all be ready to go next weekend...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Getting back in the action again…haven't really shot much in years (for various reasons). Blew the dust out of the AR and truth be told, I have forgotten how much fun it was.

Either way…Shooting "selfie", in the low 40's outside…
IMG_2847_zps4aa35376.jpg

Trucks+guns+fall=perfect…
IMG_2863_zps5c34f616.jpg

Marek

Banned
My boys and I went out to National Forest land, rallied my Subaru and a dirt bike up the canyon, then rode around, got hammered, rallied the bike, build a huge bonfire, AND blew the shit out of some tannerite targets with an AR.

I <3 AR-15

Never fucked with one before the other night and Im a decent shot apparently.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My boys and I went out to National Forest land, rallied my Subaru and a dirt bike up the canyon, then rode around, got hammered, rallied the bike, build a huge bonfire, AND blew the shit out of some tannerite targets with an AR.

I <3 AR-15

Never fucked with one before the other night and Im a decent shot apparently.

That's the thing with ARs and AKs…they are freaking fun to shoot. This is one thing that always gets me with the anti-gunners. They always ask me what I "need" a firearm like an AR or AK…and I always ask if they've shot one. When they almost always reply with "no" I tell the they should and then see if they still don't know the answer to that question.

Just like a 1800 calorie gentleman's feast, or sports car with 500 horsepower, or a TV as big as your wall…ARs and AKs and the lot all seem excessive (and in many ways are)…but they're so damn fun/enjoyable.

An AR is a well balanced, easy and freaking fun firearm to shoot…and not all are that way.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

27347-DEFAULT-L.jpg

So…when I'm done with this fella I'll add:

Magpul: BAD (a must with any AR in my opinion), MOE SL grip (made for short LOP weapons), MBUS sights,
SIG SB15
Rock River: Tactical muzzle brake, 2-stage match trigger
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
EoTech 516 sight

I have two rifles with the BCM charging handles & highly recommend them.
Got them in the medium and long lengths.
The long one is, imo, too long, it tends to stab you while the rifle is slung.
The medium one feels just about perfect... & doesn't get all stabby.
That little sob will have an amazing fireball and probably be loud as Hell.
I'd like to have one with a 10" or 12" barrel.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Getting back in the action again…haven't really shot much in years (for various reasons). Blew the dust out of the AR and truth be told, I have forgotten how much fun it was.

Either way…Shooting "selfie", in the low 40's outside…
IMG_2847_zps4aa35376.jpg

Trucks+guns+fall=perfect…
IMG_2863_zps5c34f616.jpg

not to go off topic but thats a nice truck you got there! i got the ram 2500 diesel best truck ive ever owned but those hemis are nothing to scoff at either

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
not to go off topic but thats a nice truck you got there! i got the ram 2500 diesel best truck ive ever owned but those hemis are nothing to scoff at either

I freaking love my truck…but the honeymoon aint over, its only got some 6K on the ODO. Well see…I'm a bit skeptic of Dodge truth be told.

For now…I love this thing more than any of my sports cars…that's for sure...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I had a 7" 5.56 piston AR pistol there for a bit. Thing was a riot.

I'd prefer a 7.62 AK pistol these days so long as it had a side optic mount.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well picked it up and took it out yesterday bone stock. It functioned flawlessly with crappy Silver Bear .223 as well as hotter 5.56 55gr (much hotter by the fireball it spat). Took it home and put in the RRA 2-stage trigger as well as a Smith Vortex flash hider (I wonder if this will tame the flash at all), a Magpul ASAP and an EoTech 517. Here it is as of last night:

image_zps72a736e8.jpg

Still waiting on a few more items to pop in...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Just finished the AR pistol...for now...until I get a wild hair up my butt and change it around...

image_zps8c12bf5a.jpg

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Not a stock, it's an "arm brace"

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Unfortunately it's most likely a stock per CA law :(

The 58 DA's don't give a shit about the ATF's interpretation because it really doesn't hold sway in CA.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Took out the AR pistol today and put it through some tests. I ran everything from 55gr cheapo Silver Bear, .223 Fiocchi to Win 5.56, PNC 5.56, M855 and Lake City M193...all performed flawlessly. I had two instances where the bolt did not hold back on empty, outside of that...zero issues.

For now I have no irons so I'm relying 100% on the EOTech. I sighted it in at 50yds, sitting. Gun was steadied by hand (yes, I know...not the best way but I wanted to be realistic about it, this is not bench queen). I managed to keep it within a 3" group (or smaller) from that distance. Again...no 1" performance but this is 100% not the use of this firearm.

From short range (<20yds) this firearm is destructive...I'm serious. It is no joke how easy this firearm is to manipulate, it is lightning fast on target compared to my full size AR. I never really saw how heavy my AR until I took this thing out. I look forward to really learning how to use this thing...