Hardcore Metal Fans Get Your Ass In Here!!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So growing up in the North East I was a huge fan of Hip Hop, but of late during my gym sessions I've been really enjoying introducing some metal into my workout playlist. So since you guys seem to be the Neo Geo community experts, any recommendations? I want some shit that is gonna have me hyped up and ready to go to war in the gym!! Any suggestions would really be appreciated..

What metal have you enjoyed so far? I agree with geise's suggestion of looking at the posts here, but providing reference points/narrowing things down could help quite a bit.

andsuchisdeath thanks for posting Brutality. I haven't heard them in a while. The Florida scene really had some great bands.

They're awesome! To be honest, I've never heard them until somewhat recently. I knew the name though. Florida indeed had some great bands.

Also, Solstice is great! I was listening to the self titled not that long ago, I've never heard Pray until now. I see that Rob Barrett isn't on this one, but I'm still getting the Malevolent Creation feel (which is a great thing to me at least.).

And you know, I like death metal deathy and thrash thrashy, so I guess I can't say I like a whole lot of death/thrash. Maybe I just haven't heard enough stuff described as death/thrash. I like Solstice, and Sadus. It just kind of seems like telltale components from respective genres get sacrificed in the meld. I mean, I'm not counting very early death metal or proto death metal, here. Obviously stuff like early death, pestilence, morbid angel, sepultura was thrashy and what was to be known as death metal was still forming. This post probably doesn't make any sense/ is contradictory/ill-informed!

Last edited:

Rocko

Galford's Armourer

Till Fjälls part II is epic. I really missed their Swedish lyrics, so poetic.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Old school members and an old school sound. Straight up sweedish death. Very good.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wanted the patch for my battle jacket, ended up with some tapes as well

jrqio0.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I know I'm preaching to the converted here (I've witnessed appreciation) but World Demise rules and it
will always be my favorite obituary album.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
World Demise was my first Obituary album, i'll always regard it highly.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I saw an Obituary show earlier this year. They still got it!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^Russian Thrash that managed to surprise the shit out of me out of nowhere when thrash bands were a dime a dozen, 1988, fucking nuts!

Edit:...or maybe they are polish?

Last edited:

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I was at this show@Nuclear War Now! in Berlin. It was by far one of the best shows I ever saw.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
They are indeed Polish. I like them a lot, nice euro thrash, even if their other albums are more heavy-metal oriented. Other nice Polish band is wilczy pająk (wolf spider).
Yeah, Last Warrior sounds more technical then the earlier efforts I think, you know...sorta like Coroner. I really like the other albums 'cause of having that classic heavy metal overtones mixed with thrash.

Nice blast from the past!

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I really enjoyed Summonings last album. I hope he has new material in the works.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Does anyone know why I'm unable to view 70% of the videos in this thread (and haven't been able to for the past 5 or 6 months)?

There are two ways to link youtube videos right? It appears that the preferred way in this thread provides me with white blocks in place of videos. I've updated my flash player multiple times within the past 5 months and nothings changed.