X arcade stick for shmups

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Hey, I am about to purchase under defeat as well as a slim ps2 for raiden 3 as well as other shmups and fighters. I wanted to find out how well the X arcade stick works for shmups on the pc, ps2, and dc. Is the stick worth the 80 bucks plus the adapters for shmups or are their sticks made specifically for the systems that are better?

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Can't really recomend one of those things unless you switch sticks and buttons in it for something more suitable. People are recommending the Seimitsu ls32 stick and you can use a bat shaped top on them instead of a ball one if you want to I think.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
X-arcade sticks are total rubbish....very,very cheap.....unresponsive sloppy stick & ratty cheap buttons...i bought & sold mine within 1 week!!....go the distance & buy a far superior Hori-II stick from play-asia.com ....it makes sense.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Thanks. I am defenitely going to pick up a hori stick. I love the Japanese style of buttons over the American buttons when it comes to shmups and fighters. Plus it is basically the same price and from what I have heard and read, it is a far superior stick.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Skat72 said:
Thanks. I am defenitely going to pick up a hori stick. I love the Japanese style of buttons over the American buttons when it comes to shmups and fighters. Plus it is basically the same price and from what I have heard and read, it is a far superior stick.

I got here late...but I agree. Avoid the X-Arcade. The guts work great for MAME though if you scrap the sticks for better ones. But for consoles...HORI, no contest.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I have one

I replaced the stick with a Happs Comp

the buttons are fine, a good imitation of the Happs horizontal (best ones IMO) mounted switches buttons, but the original stick itself was garbage

I like the fact that I can play DC and PS2 games in a jiffy with the adapters

they'll probably release 360 and PS3 adapters in the future

not a bad deal, I say

milknuggets

New Challenger
arcade stick

I have the tekken 5 hori stick which is better then the x arcade that i also have, but as it was said earlier the x arcade is great for mame, and moreover the system compatability is superb. Everything but the saturn is availible. The actual sticks do suck ive had mine for 3 weeks and its already sticking and moving to the right on its own