What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm on a KOF 95 (MVS) kick at the moment. Whilst the damage and difficulty is pretty out there, I absolutely love the tone and backgrounds in this entry. This game and FF Real Bout really give encapsulate that dark mid 90's Neo feel for me personally. I also love the use of blue in this game, the sky and water in the backgrounds such a pleasure to look at. Kim for life.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm gonna be switching my Mr. Driller setup over to an SVC setup for some gaming tonight. Been playing Panic Bomber today for a bit. So much better than the Virtual Boy version 😜

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Blazing Star. I'm a shmup noob. I can 1CC my way to the 3rd level boss (and just the first form). Trying to play a bit every day to get better.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Blazing Star. I'm a shmup noob. I can 1CC my way to the 3rd level boss (and just the first form). Trying to play a bit every day to get better.

Great game, and a great start for getting into shmups. Things ramp up quick in stage 6, but it's manageable with a bit of practice.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Yeah, I've credit fed (16-18) my way through the whole thing before just to see what lies ahead and stage 6 and 7 are pretty crazy. I can reasonably see getting up stage 6 on 1CC with more practice.

Any suggestions on beginner ships? I've been using the Windina, but found that I don't particularly like the slower speed. Might try the Hellhound next.

Last edited:

Speed3

Marked Wolf
Neo Drift Out: New Technology on a 161 in 1 maybe one day I'll get an original. I'm having trouble getting down to register in game causing me to retire due to not meeting the stage time. The funny thing is the down works in the 161 menu on the cart.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Played Metal Slug 3 on MVS yesterday. Will be playing Blazing Star tonight.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I'm on a KOF 95 (MVS) kick at the moment. Whilst the damage and difficulty is pretty out there, I absolutely love the tone and backgrounds in this entry. This game and FF Real Bout really give encapsulate that dark mid 90's Neo feel for me personally. I also love the use of blue in this game, the sky and water in the backgrounds such a pleasure to look at. Kim for life.

i really like what you said. kof 95 and real bout 1 does have an amazing atmosphere. it's always nice to know that there's people out there who appreciate it. real bout 1 is my favourite neo game of all time, and kof 95 has a special place in my heart.

JasonToddLives

Armored Scrum Object
Neo Drift Out: New Technology on a 161 in 1 maybe one day I'll get an original. I'm having trouble getting down to register in game causing me to retire due to not meeting the stage time. The funny thing is the down works in the 161 menu on the cart.

Fun game. Is that the only game on your 161-n-1 that down has difficulty registering?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Neo Drift Out: New Technology on a 161 in 1 maybe one day I'll get an original.
it's a great game, I love it. But it is rather short... maybe you should check it out via emulation first to determine if you want to buy a legit copy.

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Don't hate, but I've been playing Neo Turf Masters on the iPhone. It's the perfect pick up and play during lunchtime cause you only need one hand!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Having a nostalgia trip the past few days. Playing Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting on the PS3. Those two were the first neo games I played in the arcade. I was hoping someone would try 2 player, but alas.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Haven't played much in the last few years, but I've been trying to make a concentrated effort to play a little more. Strikers 1945 and Last Blade 2 have been the games getting attention so far. I'm trying to convince the owners of the store I work at to set it up at the shop for a while (I'd probably get to play it more, since it would be an option on my breaks).

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member

Took a break and got a 2CC on Gate of Thunder (PC Engine). My skills are definitely improving... slowly.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
World Heroes 2 Jet and KOF 99

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Metal Slug 1 for me (still the best!) - I can 1 life Stage 1-5, the first half of stage 6 destroys me each time. I will 1cc this before the end of the year!

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Been playing KOF 95 and Slug 2 recently. Steadily getting readjusted to the difficulty of KOF95 after not playing it for years, and the slowdown of Slug 2.