galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Cool - thnx man!

Glad to see some definitive proof that this one is gonna actually see the light of day. I wonder if there are any recent vids of this game. The graphics looked pretty nice when I saw the old vids, but the action seemed a little choppy. Since silky smooth animation has always been a hallmark of the Metal Slug series (except for MS2), that was a bit disconcerting for me. Anyway, I'm excited to see how this one will turn out - the more mainstream slug action, the better! :)

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
All I'm saying is:

Metal Slug Advance + GC with Game Boy Player + X-Arcade controller + 32" wide screen TV

= SLUG HEAVEN

Forgive my ignorance but is Metal Slug Advance a new Metal Slug game or a port/remake/conversion of an older Metal Slug game?

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
haywardian23 said:
Forgive my ignorance but is Metal Slug Advance a new Metal Slug game or a port/remake/conversion of an older Metal Slug game?

It's brand new, Baby!

Seeing as its out in Japan and that, so far, how is the game being accepted? As in where amongst all the other Metal Slugs would this one be rated?

Oops! I honestly thought it was out! I had an email from Lik-Sang.com a little while ago and they said it would be shipping in a couple weeks, and that was ages ago! So its penciled in for November then? What about the European launch? I hope us Europeans get the Japanese box art, its much better than the American version!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
would be cool if it where to be released in neo geo pocket style casing - those cardboard boxes are lame. kof ex2 was incredible on the GBA so this may work out too.

DevilRedeemed said:
would be cool if it where to be released in neo geo pocket style casing - those cardboard boxes are lame. kof ex2 was incredible on the GBA so this may work out too.

That would be a cool piece of retro gaming but lets face it, it aint gonna happen! I can't remember any special edition GB/GBC/GBA casing ever, except for Pokemon Pinball which was in a slightly bigger box! I just hope the European box art matches the Japanese style!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
finngamer said:
It's brand new, Baby!

Supposedly, a lot of material from Metal Slug 5 was used to make it, so in a sense it isn't really brand new. But then again, the slug series is notorious for rehashing, so I'm guessing that by SNKP's standards it will certainly be touted as a "BRAND NEW ADVENTURE!!1! :eek: OMFG!", or something along those lines. :D

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I just hope the slowdown from the E3 verson will be cleaned up in time for the final release. It looked great but it was very very slow.

Jagull

n00b
YuckMud said:
I just hope the slowdown from the E3 verson will be cleaned up in time for the final release. It looked great but it was very very slow.
E3 build was only 30% done