Neo Supergun Power Supply Questions...

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Hey everyone!

I am currently building a Supergun for my neo geo (a dedicated supergun really) I am using a power supply with 115 volts / 220 volts selectable. I am using 115 volts. :drool: So anyway, it is a small powersupply, but as far as i know, it is the same as any other one. I was using a larger one before, a 115 volt power supply, and it worked fine with that one (meaning boots up, plays sounds, responds to buttons, etc.) with this power supply, i can smell it starting to smoke internaly, and the powered pins on my neo board (ground, 12 and 5 volt pins) are getting really hot. Ive checked all my connections, and what not, and everything looks secure. And I have tried the neo board in my regular cab, and it works perfectly. I know this is all very vague, but anyone have any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys and gals!

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Different Neo boards require different amperages. Have you checked your power supply to see if it meets these requirements? You can find out how mant amps +5v and +12v your board requires on http://www.hardmvs.com/

-DogToy

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
well...

the amperages on the board specifics are maximum allouances.....

I would fuese the 5+12 volt lines...

I'd fuse the +5 at like 5 amps and the 12 at 1.5 amps.....

Try turning the voltage adjust down a little.

make sure that you don't have the 12 and 5 volt connectoins switched....

IF all else fails, dump the PSU and get another... If your going neo-only, then why not a SC200?