NeoGeo Battle Coliseum 10.5mb Trailer

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
LINKY!

1 - Click on the Windows Media: 320 x 240 (10.5MB)
2 - Small window will appear, click on "left click to download"
3 - Another window will appear, "Right click to save"
4 - Enjoy the 2 minute & 19 second high - res Trailer :cool:
5 - Post your opinions

I don't have as much SNK experience as much as you guys, so I don't think I should say anything about how I feel towards it (and I'm thinking about quitting video games :crying: )

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
legendofspeed said:
LINKY!

I don't have as much SNK experience as much as you guys, so I don't think I should say anything about how I feel towards it (and I'm thinking about quitting video games :crying: )

its not working for me for some reason.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
legendofspeed said:
:very_ang: STUPID MOTHER FUCKEN IGN :angry:

:cool: Fixed it

you do realize this was posted in the main neo battle coliseum thread right?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
already posted in the other thread anyway, but thanks.

edit: err, what he said.

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
SouthtownKid said:
already posted in the other thread anyway, but thanks.

edit: err, what he said.

Leave it me to always be late on new fads :crying: I swear I searched through all the SNKC threads, sorry for wasting your time :(

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
...too late for sorry now... You have to redeem yourself by hosting the Quicktime version of the video... ;)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
OMFG !!!!

Tung Fu Rue !!!! :eek: :eek:

If this game gets a good gameplay it'll certainly own big time.

I hope the choppy frames are from the encoding and not the actual game. If you ask me, Atomiswave fighter animation should be > MOTW quality, that's not what I'm hoping on.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
I hope the choppy frames are from the encoding and not the actual game. If you ask me, Atomiswave fighter animation should be > MOTW quality, that's not what I'm hoping on.

Wait for a couple of other videos.

This one smells not yet 100% done. But It already shows some bases.
This is the first title that is exciting me on the Atomiswave.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Game looks decent. My question is, minus the 3D backgrounds, why couldn't this have been done on the NEO GEO hardware? Where are the hi-rez character models?

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Big Shady said:
Game looks decent. My question is, minus the 3D backgrounds, why couldn't this have been done on the NEO GEO hardware? Where are the hi-rez character models?

If you take the effects, high-res art, sharper music, sfx and backgrounds? You would have another 16-bit looking game that would be pirated in one week.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
BonusKun said:
It looks like crap...

Judging games that are in pre-alpha/alpha stages of development is one of the smartest things anyone could ever do.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Fygee said:
Judging games that are in pre-alpha/alpha stages of development is one of the smartest things anyone could ever do.

i dont agree.. as long as you only judge whatever part of the whole game you have available then shits cool imo. like when you check out a loke test game, if its shit at the stage you play it at then its shit. if its better when it comes out then you say its better....

right?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Hehe, I was being sarcastic. ;)

In other words, what I meant to say is that its silly to call a game "shit" so early on in development.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Big Shady said:
minus the 3D backgrounds, why couldn't this have been done on the NEO GEO hardware? Where are the hi-rez character models?

Backgrounds in NBC are just hi-res 2D, not 3D.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Catoblepa said:
Backgrounds in NBC are just hi-res 2D, not 3D.
We'll see. They look 3D to me, too. I don't think you can look at Anpu in the Cool Cool Toon background (things like the imperfect curve of the brim of his hat...a common feature of 3D) and not think he's 3D. It could be the backgrounds were built in 3D, then put together as 2D, I guess. I doubt it, but...we'll see.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I think it looks great. Tung Fu Ru in a game again? Sweet. Washizuka from LB? Nice! Hell, just having K in a game outside of KOF is nice. I'm excited about this. I can't wait to see who else is in the game.

I wish I could buy an Atomiswave machine. :(

Spike

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
We'll see. They look 3D to me, too. I don't think you can look at Anpu in the Cool Cool Toon background (things like the imperfect curve of the brim of his hat...a common feature of 3D) and not think he's 3D. It could be the backgrounds were built in 3D, then put together as 2D, I guess. I doubt it, but...we'll see.

are the bgs in neowave 3d? i know they dont seem to move (as in change position based on perspective) but they have the same type of edges on them that this games bgs have.. id say they are just hi rez 2d....

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
are the bgs in neowave 3d? i know they dont seem to move (as in change position based on perspective) but they have the same type of edges on them that this games bgs have.. id say they are just hi rez 2d....
Yeah, I haven't really seen Neowave in motion, so hard for me to say. You're right they do look the same; so if Neowave's BGs are 2D, then probably NBC's are too. Don't know when I'll get a chance to actually see either of these games in person. Will they make it to the US at all? I hope to get a chance to play either, hopefully before E3 next Summer...

edit: Never mind. I looked at the vid again, and from how that looks, it looks like the backgrounds move in 2D, so I don't know what to think now.

Last edited:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Yeah, I haven't really seen Neowave in motion, so hard for me to say. You're right they do look the same; so if Neowave's BGs are 2D, then probably NBC's are too. Don't know when I'll get a chance to actually see either of these games in person. Will they make it to the US at all? I hope to get a chance to play either, hopefully before E3 next Summer...

yeah id say they are the same, snk and capcom both seemed to have learned (mainly due to cvs2 id say) that 3dbgs in 2d fighters look like shit.

dont worry about waiting for neowave too much, its pretty average imo...

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
edit: Never mind. I looked at the vid again, and from how that looks, it looks like the backgrounds move in 2D, so I don't know what to think now.

Yep, I noticed it thanks to the video. Also, there's a lot of detail, it'd
take too much polygons (too much for a Dreamcast, so I guess it's
the same for Atomiswave).

BTW I'm happy they choose hi-res 2D, the only 3D stages that I liked
so far were in KOF 99 Evo for Dreamcast.

Last edited: