KOF: MI Limited Edition Coming To The US! (Now with the first pic the US edition)

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
(Thanks goes to Shin Iori Yagami)

Ben Herman has confirmed the rumors about the limited edition coming to the US.

True. It will be offered at many retail locations. We will update ship date soon.

KOF:MI Limited Edition includes:

-KOF:MI videogame for PlayStation 2
-KOF:MI book
-KOF:MI DVD
-Collectors case
-Terry Bogard baseball cap

All that for only $49.99-$59.99!! (estimate)

Basically we're getting all of this, in English
KOFMI-limitededition.jpg

EDIT: US Version
242013x.jpg

Last edited:

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
i saw the thing about the Terry Bogard baseball cap on gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B280872A

Bonus Offer! - Preorder King of Fighters: Maximum Impact for PlayStation 2 and receive a hat FREE! You can wear a hat just like the character Terry Bogard with this cool offer. Show your love for this amazing fighting series with this unique hat with that has the Fatal Fury logo. Order now, supplies are limited!

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
redrum666 said:
i saw the thing about the Terry Bogard baseball cap on gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B280872A

Bonus Offer! - Preorder King of Fighters: Maximum Impact for PlayStation 2 and receive a hat FREE! You can wear a hat just like the character Terry Bogard with this cool offer. Show your love for this amazing fighting series with this unique hat with that has the Fatal Fury logo. Order now, supplies are limited!

Didn't everyone?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So does it come with the DVD and book, or just the hat? Which is the less reliable source of information -- Ben Herman or Gamestop? I don't know about the hat...there are neighborhoods in L.A. where wearing a bright red hat that says "king of fighters" sounds like a recipe for meyhem. On the other hand, I'd really like the book and DVD. I hope Ben is right.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
SouthtownKid said:
I don't know about the hat...there are neighborhoods in L.A. where wearing a bright red hat that says "king of fighters" sounds like a recipe for mayhem.

look at it this way...if it winds up saying "Fatal Fury" instead, at least there'll be momentary confusion as to its meaning, giving the wearer a chance to flee a possible beatdown...
icon25.gif

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
Kazuki Dash said:
look at it this way...if it winds up saying "Fatal Fury" instead, at least there'll be momentary confusion as to its meaning, giving the wearer a chance to flee a possible beatdown...
icon25.gif

It does say Fatal Fury on it.

SouthtownKid said:
So does it come with the DVD and book, or just the hat? Which is the less reliable source of information -- Ben Herman or Gamestop? I don't know about the hat...there are neighborhoods in L.A. where wearing a bright red hat that says "king of fighters" sounds like a recipe for meyhem. On the other hand, I'd really like the book and DVD. I hope Ben is right.
Please re-read the original post.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
KDash31987 said:
Please re-read the original post.
I read it. Why don't you read the post about Gamespot for the first time? Gamespot says hat-only.

If you search, you can find a few things here and there that Ben Herman said, that didn't come to pass. So your treating this as a foregone conclusion and posting a Korean picture don't really mean much yet.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Jesus!

If you PRE-ORDER at Gamestop, you get the hat.

Plus, there´s also a Special Edition (more expensive) with DVD, book and hat. Is it that hard to understand?

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
SouthtownKid said:
I read it. Why don't you read the post about Gamespot for the first time? Gamespot says hat-only.

If you search, you can find a few things here and there that Ben Herman said, that didn't come to pass. So your treating this as a foregone conclusion and posting a Korean picture don't really mean much yet.

I asked Shin Iori Yagami to e-mail Ben Herman about it do to some rumors, and he replied stating that the rumors are true. The limited edition will be released in the US.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
Jesus!

If you PRE-ORDER at Gamestop, you get the hat.

Plus, there´s also a Special Edition (more expensive) with DVD, book and hat. Is it that hard to understand?
Cool! Oh boy! I can't wait!!! Where is it?

edit: Another thing, Dio...how come you act more normal on S-C.com, but always fly off the handle here?

I'd remind you, before you get all sarcastic and outraged, that you swore up and down that Murata did the art for Neowave; going so far as to call those of us who doubted that, idiots. When it was revealed later that Nakano Tomokazu had done the art...not Murata, you stayed awful quiet. I figured maybe you realized what an ass you had been.

Now we have this confirmation from Herman. So what? Never mind he also falsely confirmed the KOF 2-pack for PS2 would be unedited. Just forget that for a second. Okay. Now, he's said a limited edition of Max Impact is confirmed for U.S. ...but he hasn't given any specifics. I haven't read anywhere that he said what it would include. This guy makes the natural assumption that it's the same LE that was released in Japan. He could be right. But how does he know yet? It's also possible that the LE we'll get is the game with a hat. We don't know yet.

Lastly, stop being such a dick all the time.

Last edited:
The way I figure it, I'll be paying 50 bucks for a hat and, some in store credit at a used game store.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Despite just having gotten the Japanese version, I'm gonna preorder this for damn sure. I was gonna anyway, but the hat seals the deal.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
The "book" is nothing more than an extended instruction book as there is nothing but a DVD style slip inside the game box!

Last edited:

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
SouthtownKid said:
Now we have this confirmation from Herman. So what? Never mind he also falsely confirmed the KOF 2-pack for PS2 would be unedited. Just forget that for a second. Okay. Now, he's said a limited edition of Max Impact is confirmed for U.S. ...but he hasn't given any specifics. I haven't read anywhere that he said what it would include. This guy makes the natural assumption that it's the same LE that was released in Japan. He could be right. But how does he know yet? It's also possible that the LE we'll get is the game with a hat. We don't know yet..

It's been confirmed by both Ben Herman and a bunch of GameStop stores, we WILL be getting the same stuff that Japan got in their limited edition. And that is why the game has been delayed.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
KDash31987 said:
It's been confirmed by both Ben Herman and a bunch of GameStop stores, we WILL be getting the same stuff that Japan got in their limited edition. And that is why the game has been delayed.
All sarcasm and whatnot aside, I already can't wait for the release, and having a limited edition makes it even better. I'd love to see this happen with more future Playmore releases...especially DVDs. Including some combo and match vids like the ones in the Enterbrain/Arcadia DVDs of KOF '02, '03, etc. would be ideal. Wouldn't need a lot of translation either.

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
Cool so where would be the place for an international buyer to get the Limited Edition and cap? (I want to go "hokay" too :loco: )

The problem with GameStop and EB is that they charge $30+ for shipping a single game to Sweden, and they always fail to verify the creditcards (I know because I tried ordering from them several times before, they want you to send them a creditcard statement that contains all information)

Unfortunately the fools at Gamestop and EB don't understand that a lot of people atleast around these parts of the world, don't get any creditcard statements on paper, because we can just log on to the internet and see the status.. For being such big businessess it is amazing how they run such an lousy online shop.

And then Amazon does not ship US games outside US :(

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Will there be a RED & BLUE version of the hat? Don't throw rocks at me, I just prefer terry in blue that's all :oh_no:

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
legendofspeed said:
Will there be a RED & BLUE version of the hat? Don't throw rocks at me, I just prefer terry in blue that's all :oh_no:

No, just red.