Euro Kizuna past e-Bay auction-mentioned in..

I just browsed through issue 5 of Retro Gamer Magazine (UK & Australia) and there was an article on this recent auction with a brief interview with the winning bidder .

Last edited by a moderator:

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
Was the buyer Bill Gates, or maybe Donald Trump!?. Or just some really die-hard collector that sold his house to afford it? :make_fac:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
?
I have that issue. Must have missed that one.
thanks for the heads up.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
The one kusanagi-sama' sold?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
When I saw the title, I thought it was a new sale. Like maybe the buyer woke the fuck up and was now trying to get his $12,000.00 back. Or maybe that somehow the sale had never gone through originally; that the sellers were trying again to sell it. Everyone was curious who the buyer was...I don't think anyone admitted to it here.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
There was also an article about it in Tips & Tricks I believe.

euro kizuna

This article appears on page 8 of Issue 5 of Retro Gamer magazine titled "Retro Auction Watch...Richard Burton monitors the wonderful world of online auctions ".

"It's not every day that you see a computer or console game sell for the price of a brand new Eastern European car . In an e-Bay auction on the 5th of April , one did just that . The lucky seller situated in Sydney Australia , closed the auction early and sold the item for an outstanding price of $10000 US .The game in question was the extremely rare Kizuna Encounter on the always overpriced Neo Geo AES console . Kizuna Encounter : Super Tag Battle , to give the game its full title , was released in 1996 and only in very , very limited quantities across Europe . Games on the Neo Geo AES have a reputation of pulling in some quite amazing prices . Metal Slug 1 regularly sells for around the 1000 pound mark and Twinkle Star Sprites fetches even more . According to the auction listing , Kizuna Encounter is the Holy Grail of Neo Geo collecting , with apparently just 5 known copies in existence . OK , so it's a rarity , we'll grant you that , but a $10000 rarity ? With that much cash to throw at one game , we thought we'd grab a word or two with the Kizuna owning gamester .

This game was the most expensive I have ever bought , says the winning bidder who lives in the US . I've wanted this game for a while , ever since I found out it existed when I started collecting Neo Geo games . I figured I would never be able to obtain the game , but I also at one time assumed I would never get a USA Metal Slug 1 .Once I bought that game , I started realising most game titles are obtainable , even though the rare ones cost insane amounts of money . I consider Euro Kizuna Encounter to be the most valuable of all games on any gaming system .This is why I was willing to pay the amount I did . "

Last edited:

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
driftout625 said:
This article appears on page 8 of Issue 5 of Retro Gamer magazine titled "Retro Auction Watch...Richard Burton monitors the wonderful world of online auctions ".

...Metal Slug 1 regularly sells for around the 1000 pound mark and Twinkle Star Sprites fetches even more .

TSS fetches more than 1000 pounds? Really?

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
driftout625 said:
...I consider Euro Kizuna Encounter to be the most valuable of all games on any gaming system .This is why I was willing to pay the amount I did . "

just like that....

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
I'll need to put my TSS on ebay next week then ...

The buyer is a guy named James Seeno, big video game collector. He is a member here but does not post.

I think Kusinagi said the actual end price was $12500 too, not the 10K stated. Might have been $11750, one of the two.

Curt

apostate
The buyer paid via paypal as well, I believe the paypal fees alone on this auction were about 700$... that's pretty hardcore.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
MONSOON said:
just like that....

I know somone who sold a Dreamcast signed by a Jap racing driver to a millionaire for $3000, probally just a bit of loose change to him!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I says pending even $1.000.000 on ANY videogame still is way more smart than spending just $1 for a Britney Spear chewED gum...

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Big Al said:
I think Kusanagi said the actual end price was $12500 too, not the 10K stated. Might have been $11750, one of the two.

The end price for the game was $12,500US not $10,000US. The guy who wrote that article got alot of facts wrong. The Kizuna Euro end price, Twinkle Star Sprites JP price (1000 pounds?! :spock: ) and the fact that he mentioned the Kizuna Euro carts were only sold in Europe when in fact two of them were bought Brand New from "Game Infinity" in Sydney several years back.

All in all an article that doesn't do the legacy of Kizuna Euro any justice at all. :oh_no:

Last edited:

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
crazy money..

some people just got it. Speaking of which, I got auctioned of for dinner with some rich lady for over a grand apparently...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Kusanagi-sama' said:
The end price for the game was $12,500US not $10,000US. The guy who wrote that article got alot of facts wrong. The Kizuna Euro end price, Twinkle Star Sprites JP price (1000 pounds?! :spock: ) and the fact that he mentioned the Kizuna Euro carts were only sold in Europe when in fact two of them were bought Brand New from "Game Infinity" in Sydney several years back.

All in all an article that doesn't do the legacy of Kizuna Euro any justice at all. :oh_no:

boohoo...

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
hope someone uncovers a million of them in the Sahara desert, pretty fucking rare it would be then

VGUG.COM

Crazed MVS Addict
I remember when you could buy this game at Buy Rite, don't remember if it was for the EUR version though. Makes me wish I woulda bought one now.....

barf

Maxima's Barber
Some people just have too much money for their collection hobby :)

Not a too bad investment, with nowadays bidding sites, you can set the minimum limit so that you get reimbursed, just need to be sure of the one you sell to.

Anyway we can play the same game, just another packaging for far less so i am not bitter :) unlike marbleman...

dbarrett0928

Banned
money

If i ran a store and had the income to support it i would definately make the purchase for a kizuna encounter.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
driftout625 said:
on the always overpriced Neo Geo AES console

How dare him .... that punk bitch. :shame:

Sam Sho II JPN is one the best deals on the gaming market, even today. Ehhh, what's the use.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
VGUG.COM said:
I remember when you could buy this game at Buy Rite, don't remember if it was for the EUR version though. Makes me wish I woulda bought one now.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oh_no: