New Samurai Shodown RPG (well, sort of) + promotional video on new high speed server!

What would you like to see in SSRPG?

• Haohmaru VS Genjuro

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Haohmaru's everyday life

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Epic quest to save Japan!

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Unlockables!!

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Old characters return

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

HedgeCorp

n00b
Hedge Corp USA has been working on a all new SS fangame RPG called
Samurai Shodown RPG - Gate of Abandoned Thought

Check out the screenshots & info on http://www.samuraishodownrpg.tk

--The video has now been hosted on a high speed server, and can be downloaded directly from the site.--

The game has an original story, and was designed to give the English
fans of the series a great RPG, since the official Japanese version was
hardly playable for many.
Please post your comments or suggestions. We're open to anything you
have to say. Is there anything you'd like to see, or not like to see, let us know!
The game is now about 50% finished,
and we hope to release a playable demo soon!

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
great, more fake shit. What are you, Celebrity fests new fake account? J/K ;)

Seriously though, post this stuff in the "creative" forum the next time.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
How do you know it's fake?
Well, if it's real, it looks pretty nice.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
great, more fake shit. What are you, Celebrity fests new fake account? J/K ;)

Seriously though, post this stuff in the "creative" forum the next time.

Don't push all the crap you dont want to look at to Creative.......this (fake or not) sounds like NEWS to me. So this is where it should be.......not creative.

lol

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Don't push all the crap you dont want to look at to Creative.......this (fake or not) sounds like NEWS to me. So this is where it should be.......not creative.

lol
If it's not made by Playmore, a Samurai Shodown game would have to be "fan made", and that's what it sounds like. Thus, it kind of does belong in Creative, along with Celebrityfest's fan made KOF game. At least Orpheus was a lot friendlier in his suggestion than a lot of people would have been.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:

lol

Will this be on the Neo? Probably not.

Stay away from cool characters of the series, that way you don't put a sour taste in anyone's mouth. So, kill off Galford and punish the rurus.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Eh still Neo related, and if its actually a real original production. (An RPG takes way more original work than a MUGEN fighter) then it could go here, plus he's posted it in creative already anyway. But Super Bubble Pop was fine here.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
lithy said:
But Super Bubble Pop was fine here.

lol

also lol and some retarded responses in this thread.

i'll add to it.

lololololololololololol0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0lolololololololololololololol

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Good luck, looks mildly interesting at least, like to see a half decent finnished job.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
i wont post same i did in creative i just say this looks like ss + photoshop to me. 99% of this stuff never sees light of day and i dont get why people do it. i do "what if" shit in my head all the time but i dont make fake photoshop screenshots and try to make fake games with fake friends, all while starting a fake website that gives fake features that only exist in your head.

you say its 50% done but you dont even know what the purpose of the game is yet? no story? isnt a blueprint of the game the 1st thing you start with even before you start making fake screenshots?

then you mention "pre ordering" the game at a later date? ehhhhhhhhhhhhh. looks like you got at least a playable version done so how about some video clip?

timmah.jpg

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Well the site is dead for me........ but why not just do a translation patch for the NGCD or Saturn versions........... submit it to Whirlpool or something, and be done with it?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Well the site is dead for me........ but why not just do a translation patch for the NGCD or Saturn versions........... submit it to Whirlpool or something, and be done with it?

excellent point, why hasnt anyone done that?

or have they!? :eye: :eye:

HedgeCorp

n00b
What the hell are you wining about?

What are you guys complaining about? We've just made a SSRPG game, why are you complaining?

It's just a fangame (that actually looks good). The fact that you guys were
debating about whether it's real or fake says enough to me.

And no, the game will not appear on Neo Geo (visit the damn site before having your judgement ready next time!), only for PC.

And to come back to the complaints about the story, I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about it, and maybe incorporate some of it in the final game. It was just meant as a fun thing, and I certainly didn't count on you guys starting to complain over it!

Thanks to the people who DO support this project, and we'll try not to dissapoint you!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
1. how old are you if you dont mind me asking?

2. nowhere on your site does it say what hardware the game will be on.

3. not ready to accept pre orders? you enjoy prison or is selling copyrighted material ok now?

4. any way we can see a video clip of the game running? even for only a few seconds?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
HedgeCorp said:
It's just a fangame (that actually looks good). The fact that you guys were
debating about whether it's real or fake says enough to me.!
It is a fan game. So put it in the Creative forum. Why do people treat the Creative forum like a dirty word or insult? It doesn't get enough traffic, so something like this -- something CREATIVE, created by fans -- would be a nice addition.

Somebody creates a mugen fighting game with Neo characters, people tell him to put it in Creative. Somebody writes a fanfic with Neo characters, of course they are going to put it in Creative. An RPG isn't much more than combining these 2 things, so... what's the big deal? What's with the stigma of the Creative forum? Why do people mistrust and fear it?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
FeelGood said:

3. not ready to accept pre orders? you enjoy prison or is selling copyrighted material ok now?

4. any way we can see a video clip of the game running? even for only a few seconds?

"“Samurai Shodown RPG: Gate Of Abandoned Thought” is the debut game from Hedge Corp. It will appear exclusively for PC "

2. ---->Its the first line on the webpage. You could try and read things from now on ;) .

It looks cool for a fan made project. But I hope you dont intend on selling it. That whole copywrite thing and all :mr_t:

HedgeCorp

n00b
More explanations

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelGood

1. I do
2. Yes it does - PC
3. The game is a 100% free fangame. "orders" will be free, and provided as an accomodation for people who are unable to download the game themselves, or if you like to have the CD&manual (shipping payment only)
4. Perhaps - I'll see what I can do

HedgeCorp said:
Thanks to the people who DO support this project, and we'll try not to dissapoint you!

HedgeCorp-

Do know that I personally am 100% behind you on your efforts. What you are doing is not easy by any measure. Deep down inside, most of the folks here would download a completed version in a manner that a super-hungry orc would hoard an elf camp!

Most people here love the NEO so much because of all the fun it has given them. It has the hardest-core fanbase of any platform in history because of its unique nature. It has always been a charactistic of a NEO fan to want to gobble up any new game they see available for it, chew it up and either swallow it or spit it out whilst stamping on it... then buy it later for their collections :rolleyes:

They are gonna be very critical of a game based on characters they admire and respect. Don't worry, they will like your game. On the surface some may hate it but its likely your work will please us all. The price is right, no harm no foul.

Good luck on this. I for one would love to play it all the way through.

BTW, what characters? A personal rivalry between Hahomaru and Genjuro would be interesting, maybe fighting over a single love interest?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but a promotional video for this fan project was added on 9/7/04. The download speed from his site is deplorable (1kb per sec on my 1.5meg cable connection -- ouch!), but I am willing to endure the sluggish transfer speeds -- and maybe even host the video on my fast connection -- if people are really interested in seeing it.

Last edited:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Lord Yamazaki said:
Thanks for hosting the vid.

As of now the game looks alright, decent for a fan made game. Perhaps I'll play it once it's finished.

It was my pleasure, Lord!

I think the project has some potential. We'll see what happens; hopefully the game will be worth playing.

Last edited:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
thanks for hosting the vid i couldnt even download the other one since i got a security error.

game looks good if only for the ss atmosphere. this vid has put an end to my bitching about it being fake for now. :envy:

how big do you predict the end game will be? download size? how long to complete? etc.

good job.