New Samurai Shodown RPG --- NEW PROMOTIONAL VIDEO RELEASED! ---

HedgeCorp

n00b
Well, after many requests, we have decidided to make a video of SSRPG. This'll show all you non-believers!
Check out the site at http://www.samuraishodownrpg.tk
or go straight to the video:
http://www.freewebs.com/valkyzer/ssrpgvid.wmv
(2.7 megs)

Please let me know what you think!
Thanks to all the supporters of this project! We hope to impress you even more when the trial version releases soon.

_HedgeCorp USA

---------------
Hedge Corp USA has been working on a all new SS fangame RPG called
Samurai Shodown RPG - Gate of Abandoned Thought

Check out the screenshots & info on http://www.samuraishodownrpg.tk

The game has an original story, and was designed to give the English
fans of the series a great RPG, since the official Japanese version was
hardly playable for many.
Please post your comments or suggestions. We're open to anything you
have to say. Is there anything you'd like to see, or not like to see, let us know!
The game is now about 50% finished,
and we hope to release a playable demo soon!

Last edited:

daveX

n00b
So you have a license to use samurai showdown characters? Or is this some kind of MUGEN game?

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
daveX said:
So you have a license to use samurai showdown characters?

yeah, what he asked...
:confused:

if at all possible, you may want to utilize some things from the original SSRPG that worked real well:

- no different weapons to find/pick up, instead upgrade existing weapon via swordsmith found in towns
- have HP/MP refill to max on Level Up (this came in handy on long journeys)
- consider having a few other main characters to pick from as your hero/heroine

oh, and also...KAZUKI PLEASE
:D

HedgeCorp

n00b
Answer

No, we don't have a license. The game will be a 100% free independent fangame. And it will only appear for PC (just read th site)

Well, good luck.

You could even perhaps contact SNK Playmore... let them know of your work - they might be interested..

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Electroman said:
Be nice, Jorge. You know full well he won't be the only soul to make fanware :glee:

Still fake bullshit to me.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
wtf pre orders? They gonna pay the old SNK for those stolen sprites?

theft

Also the name 'gate of abandoned thought'. Sounds like no thought was put into this.

If you want support from ng.com on this project, dont take a cent for it and make it for the fans.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
He's said it'll be free LWK.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
StickmanLoser said:
He's said it'll be free LWK.

Yeah I just read.
My bad.

I just clicked the link and saw that pre order stuff.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
The battle system looks like a bit of a tale of phantasia clone.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
he said the "preorder" means you can place an order and they send everyone out a free CDR with the game on it, just pay shipping.

how often does something like this pop up? once a month? they are always fake so you can blame anyone for ripping on this guy. he has a site that took 5 minutes to make, a few easily photoshopped "screenshots" and a whole list of dream features.

1. people just dont go out and casually make a full fledged RPG in less than a year (says its half done and should take at most 6 more months for a full release).

2. stuff like this is a common practice with kids and their imagination.

3. people seriously over estimate the abilities of their fellow man. making a game is very hard people. especially when done as a hobby during your free time.

4. if you want to promote and gain support for your game dont read the "how to promote your fake game 101" texbook and follow it to a T. hit us with evidence of your game, vids, specs (HARD specs not just a list of dream feautures you thought up one day while enjoying ur cup of coffee), and small beta builds or whatever to give us a taste of where you are going with this. if you can make a game any of these are probably easy as hell for you to do. those "action shots" prove you have a running build of the game if it does in fact exist.

5. if this "game" does in fact see the light of day i will eat and digest my words by sliding them up my ass then dropping a log of shit made up of my words out of my mouth like 9 hours later.

sry to get angry but fake shit pisses me off. :mad:

I think what happens more often is that someone legitimately wants and intends to do a game... but runs out of gas during the creation cycle.

Unfinished works... even big game companies do it.... cough... SNK... cough