MSX MVS P1 problems

daybona

Juz,
I've read all the posts concerning MSX and P1 compatability so please don't flame.

My problem is this. I occasionally get vertical black lines on the screen while playing Metal Slug X. The game also freezes occasionally when the Metal Slug letters are flying on the screen.

Here is my setup. Everything is CLEAN. I have a Japanese AES serial #56,XXX. It has an AES 3-4 motherboard. I am using the newest Phantom 1, the blue version. My AES has been mega modded by Kenny Boy. I have a copy of MSX MVS US purchased from Gemen. It is NOT a boot. I have my Neo connected via an RGB cable via an XRGB2 plus upscan converter.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem? Thanks for the help.

daybona

Juz,
Its a mystery. You would think if it was defective, I would be defective all the time, not just some of the time.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
daybona said:
Its a mystery. You would think if it was defective, I would be defective all the time, not just some of the time.

Yes you would, take the cart apart and inspect the boards for flakey solder connections, dry joints, solder splash or anything else that may look dodgy.

daybona

Juz,
Played it last night and it was fine. I'll definitely take it apart though. Thanks!