KOF Maximum Impact Tournament

Fat Cat Lim 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Please move if the thread is in the wrong forum.

There will be a KOF:MI tourney at the next Animania 2004, Sydney's 3rd Anime Convention, along with a host of other fighting games such as SF2, SF3:3s, MVC2, CVS2, and SC2!

Date: 24th October (Sunday)
Time: N/A yet
Venue: Town Hall, Sydney, Australia.

* 3-vs-3 team play format
* 60 secs per round
* Duke not allowed
* No gamebreaking glitches or infinites allowed, if any

The tourney format will probably be in Double Elimination format (i.e., you lose two matches and you're out of the tournament). Unsure yet of whether there will be a player cap but if there is, it'll probably be capped at 32 players. There'll be 2 TVs running the KOF:MI tourney.

Prizes for 1st and 2nd place winners, including anime DVDs and KOF:MI posters!

While there won't be a tournament for KOF2K2, it will be available for casual play, along with KOF:MI and Metal Slug 3 during the duration of the convention when the tournaments are not in progress. All SNKP games will be run on PS2 consoles, and you're more than welcome to bring your arcade stick if you have one.

More info to come as soon as I get them.

athenafan

n00b
hello fcl-chan!!! ^__^

while I dont live in sydney but I have been there couple of times last year.......but there is no chance that I go anytime soon

but it will be great to see some matches.... will they be recording the matches!!! ?

I hope to you and hebretto-sama play some matches together... hehehe ^_^;;

Fat Cat Lim 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I'll try my best to see if I can obtain any match recordings for the KOF:MI tournament.

And no. hebretto will not be able to attend this year's convention.

athenafan

n00b
oh!!! that is sad to hear!! T_T
I loved his faqs from gamefaqs.com.... very very useful!!!
I would have loved to see a good clark player against a good ralf player.. ;__; *sob*

oh well.... good luck fatty catty lim-chan!!! *huggies* ^__^

athenafan

n00b
Fat Cat Lim 2 said:

LOL!
* more huggies *
icon2.gif

Fat Cat Lim 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Okay, the OzHadou Animania 2004 rules are already out and available for download. It details all the major aspects and information of the tourney, including the player pools, general rules (including disqualifications), and an explanation of the Double Elimination System to be used in the tournament.

The rules are available for download here:

http://www.ozhadou.net/tournaments/OH_Rules_Animania.pdf

For more information on preregistering, judges, and tourney info, please visit the main OzHadou Animania thread here:

http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=928

This is a listing of the general information and rules that will apply to the KOF:MI Tournament. Please be advised that these rules are subject to change anytime, and you are advised to visit the thread for the latest updates and changes to the rules.

======================

Date: 24th October (Sunday)
Time: To be confirmed soon
Place: Town Hall, Sydney, Australia

Player Cap: 32 (Thirty two players only)

Entry: Free for all Animania participants
Prizes: There will be prizes for both 1st and 2nd place winners. Prizes are donated by Animania organisers.

Game Specific Rules:

- All matches will be single-game until the grand final.
- All games will be played using 3-on-3 team battle mode.
- The grand final will be first to 2 wins (i.e. best 2 out of 3).
- Duke (the boss character) is banned.
- The timer will be set to 60 seconds, and damage will be default.
- During matches with more than 1 game, winners cannot change their characters. The winner can only change their team order if it is possible to do so after the character select screen.
- The Playstation 2 versions of KOF:MI will be used.

My additional notes:

- All infinites (e.g. Maxima grab reset) and game glitches (e.g. Athena SCB glitch) are banned.