Large cart deal with Shawn

NGF

NEST Puppet
NGF would like to offer congrats to the owner of neo-geo.com, Shawn, on his latest order from NGF. I, Chris Ray, will be handling this order for NGF. Shawn is welcoming himself to the world of "Big Tymers" all in 1 shot. He is getting the 3 "NGF BIG GAMES" plus a host of the most rare and fun unreleased games. Shawn will be getting the following AES carts:

Strikers (English version)
PI2 (English version)
Ganryu (English version)
Janshin (Jap version)
Mr Do (English version)
Zed Blade (English version)
Pop 'n Bounce (English version)
BaM Again EX (English version)

This is over $7200 worth of carts, one of NGF's largest orders to date. Shawn received a substantial discount, as an excellent repeat customer(he just completed a recent NGF deal(through NGF member Dion) for Captain Tomaday and Metal Slug3).

From all the members of NGF to Shawn, we hope you enjoy the new additions to your collection! Look forward to seeing the pics!

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

Carts ship saturday(the 17th)

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited September 17, 2000).]

Robi15

20 Year Member
Uff, this is a BIG deal. This better be handled with BEST/PRIORITY service ever!

Good games Shawn,,

Robi15

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Thats cool I guess, but I would rather have SNK games not NGF. Sorry

NGF

NEST Puppet
Yes, this is another one of the big deals we get at NGF. (biggest being $13,000)

As standard practice on all deals over $3000, NGF takes the highest precautions and FULLY insures all packages at NO EXPENSE TO THE BUYER.

Also, all deals over $3000 get FREE DELIVERY in the United States.

This is one of the ways NGF "rewards" their faithfull customers.

NGF www.neogeofreak.com

NGF

NEST Puppet
Gambit, in case you didn't know, there is NO SUCH thing as those AES carts coming from SNK.

NGF is the only source reconginzed by collectors for these AES cartridges.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yeah but you can get and MVS converter. I'm sorry I'm just very loyal to SNK and I don't condone what you do but I sure as hell won't support it. You are getting credit for developers hard work and then cutting and pasting your logo on the carts. I'm not looking for a fight I am just stating facts so don't take this the wrong way.

NGF

NEST Puppet
We do NOT say NGF made the game. We are simply packing them and selling them the same way SNK-USA was or should have been doing if they cared about the Neo and the fans.

As for the MVS adapter, we are selling them for $120.

And in case you didn't know, SNK didn't make any of the games Shawn is buying. And there is NO more SNK.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

Adol

The French Connection, ,
Originally posted by NGF:
NGF would like to offer congrats to the owner of neo-geo.com, Shawn, on his latest order from NGF. I, Chris Ray, will be handling this order for NGF. Shawn is welcoming himself to the world of "Big Tymers" all in 1 shot. He is getting the 3 "NGF BIG GAMES" plus a host of the most rare and fun unreleased games. Shawn will be getting the following AES carts:

PI2 (English version)
Ganryu (English version)
Janshin (Jap version)
Mr Do (English version)

This is over $7200 worth of carts, one of NGF's largest orders to date. Shawn received a substantial discount, as an excellent repeat customer(he just completed a recent NGF deal(through NGF member Dion) for Captain Tomaday and Metal Slug3).

From all the members of NGF to Shawn, we hope you enjoy the new additions to your collection! Look forward to seeing the pics!

i thought dion was not serious and a scammer,now i see chris ray is a total asshole!
He told me,indirectly,that he doesn't know any ADOL,when i have over 200 emails from him!!
What an asshole!lost your mind,chris?

Adol

The French Connection, ,

PI2 (English version)
Ganryu (English version)
Janshin (Jap version)
Mr Do (English version)

i thought dion was not serious and a scammer,now i see chris ray is a total asshole!
He told me,indirectly,that he doesn't know any ADOL,when i have over 200 emails from him!!
What an asshole!lost your mind,chris?

Adol

The French Connection, ,
We do NOT say NGF made the game. We are simply packing them and selling them the same way SNK-USA was or should have been doing if they cared about the Neo and the fans.

As for the MVS adapter, we are selling them for $120.

i'll buy 10 of them,is it available?

NGF

NEST Puppet
Yes, contact sales@neogeofreak.com to confirm your order for the MVS adapter.

NGF is well respected by all collectors.
Even Shawn, is still buying and WANTS all the NGF cartridges.

NGF is the Neo collectors choice.

NGF

Shawn

snkusa.com
The offer was presented to me last night and accepted in the chat room here at neo-geo.com. Emails were used as confirmation of the deal. Partial payment was made this morning through PayPal, Transaction ID 8YB79798J4831624A. The remaining balance was sent in the form of a cashiers check via USPS Express mail service at noon today. EMS tracking # EF040711936US.

According to my records, I will have purchased exactly 32 NGF unreleased home carts after completion of this deal. Not all of the unreleased NGF carts were bought directly from Chris or Dion, but a vast majority of them were. Collecting unreleased NGF carts is a real challenge. They are generally high priced and not readily available. You take a certain degree of risk when buying online because of the many variables involved. This helps to make neo-geo cart collecting more exciting and challenging. It’s not for everyone, and there are others ways to get unreleased home carts, but I prefer the hard way.

NGF

NEST Puppet
And only the NGF carts are the respected versions by other Neo collectors.

The NGF series of unreleased cartridges really makes a person's collectin shine and look impressive. We take pride in making the NGF versions look beautiful. When all the AES cartridges are lined up (released and unreleased), your Neo collection will look perfect. As you can see from Shawn's pics, or other collectors pics, the NGF cartridges make all the difference in the world.

You made a nice deal Shawn.
Only a few AES carts to go and you'll be at the 135+ cart mark like all the others.
I'm sure you'll be there by the end of the year, maybe sooner.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Isn't it kinda unprofessional to publicly announce an order someone made with your company? I don't know if I would be too happy about that if I was Shawn.

NEO

n00b
NGF is such a small company that one sale is huge to them so let them gloat. I however feel that those carts that they make are unprofessional and ugly looking. If I was Shawn I wouldn't have got those games though.
I like how NGF is posting on the boards about the sale so that now people will think well since Shawn bought from them then they are ok. Let me just say that the collectors that NGF talks about that these games are recognized by, all 3 of them - Dion, Chris, and some zombie they picked off the street are the only dumb asses that would buy these carts. If you look on ebay for example, nobody wants NGF carts. They want the real thing. And as far as carts that have not been released, there was probably a reason they were not released in the first place. Hmm could it be because they SUCK !!!!!

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
This is a f*cking joke.....

"Gee... these Nazis offered me a really good deal on some gold fillings! Since the price is right I guess I'll take it...."

Credibility goes POOF, just when you'd started to get some...... Too bad.

What a bad example to set for the newcomers. "If at first you get jerked around, buy, buy again!"

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://www.undertheneogeomoon.net/

[This message has been edited by Billkwando (edited September 15, 2000).]

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
And as far as carts that have not been released, there was probably a reason they were not released in the first place. Hmm could it be because they SUCK !!!!!

This isn't necessarily always the case with "unreleased" Neo-Geo games. Some of the MVS titles that unfortunately never made it to home cartridge format are actually great games; "Super Dodge Ball", "Shock Troopers", and "Money Puzzle Exchanger" being among those.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
This is a very bad business practice if you need to publically 'annouce' a transaction between NGF and another person.

If I were Shawn, I would be VERY unhappy, and would be expecting an apology from you all for this.

You guys call yourselves professional.....

Keith

NGF

NEST Puppet
Shawn was the person that asked us to make the public post. Ask him.

He said, when we make this deal, please mention in to the forums.

NGF would NEVER do this, but like we said, Shawn TOLD us to make that post. We guess he wanted people to see that he was making a big purchase and was getting more NGF carts to complete his collection.

Its really sad that others have to be critical of someone's enjoyment of their hobby. There are tons of neo collectors that prize our NGF carts as the highlight of their collections. To bad alot of them are afraid of the jealously thats runs rampant among neo owners. Can't we all either be happy for each other, or at least dont come down on people that "dont see it your way".

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited September 17, 2000).]

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
I'm with Bill, Smoke Ya, and NEO all the way on this one, this is really sad. Unprofessional, a bad call on both sides of the deal, and promoting snobbish elitism in the Neo community, something I feel has been a problem for years. Collecting on any level is fine, thats not my beef, its when it becomes an issue of 'mine is bigger than yours' that I have a problem. People should never advertise their wealth and monetary value of their collections as a way of gaining influence and respect, it's tacky and warped. So is waving numbers like $7200 and $13000 for all to see, bad business. It's about the fun and enjoyment of the games, whether you have 1 or 135. Some people seem to lose site of that in favor of pure materialism and compulsion. Thats why you'll never see 'collection' pictures on my site, and I'll bet its the same for Bill and others. Sure, I'll scan art and marquees for enjoyment/printing, but its not a way of rubbing my possessions in someones face, its about promoting enjoyment of the Neo.

Okay, I'm off my soap box.

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com

Shawn

snkusa.com
One of my requirements was that Chris publicly post concerning the deal we made. This is for my protection, a public receipt. Notice how I posted the PayPal transaction ID and postal tracking #. Bragging was not the intention of the post.

If the deal goes as planned, and the 8 carts valued at $7500 are received in expected condition, then this would be very beneficial to NGF. If the deal goes bad, then this will set the ultimate bad transaction.

I have optimistic expectations and anticipate posting positive results soon.

NEO

n00b
If you had second thoughts about buying from them that should tell you right there that you shouldn't have bought from them. I don't buy from people who have screwed me in the past. And even if NGF hasn't screwed me they have screwed others and they are the minority here. I and I'm sure a whole bunch of you want this hobby and fun that we all enjoy to be free of lies and deceit, and the first step in that direction is to denounce NGF. Like I said before they haven't screwed me but they have screwed others and that very well could have been me so I respect and appreciate all of those who have come forth to tell everyone about their bad experiences with NeoGeoFreak. It has saved me and opened my eyes to what is really going on here.

NGF

NEST Puppet
Yes, both Shawn and NGF came to an understaning and made this great deal happen. This is how it should be between Neo fans. We are here to help each other.

And with Shawn requesting that NGF make an open post explaining this deal, it should show that we both together are not looking at the past, but we are looking towards the future to better ourselves and promote the NeoGeo.

NGF is happy to continue helping Neo fans.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com