A Screenshot of NeoGeo Battle Colosseum.

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
nbc0027.jpg

A blurry screenshot of NeoGeo Battle Colosseum. It's going to be two character tag battle in sort of like Marvel vs. Capcom-style (regenarating life for a waiting character, can tag whenever you want, etc). It's on Atomiswave and have 640x480 hi-res sprites (like Guilty Gear series) So far Marco, Nacoruru, Washizuka, K', Geese, Terry have been confirmed to be in the game.

It could be a fake tho.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
rockhoward said:
nbc0027.jpg

A blurry screenshot of NeoGeo Battle Colosseum. It's going to be two character tag battle in sort of like Marvel vs. Capcom-style (regenarating life for a waiting character, can tag whenever you want, etc). It's on Atomiswave and have 640x480 hi-res sprites (like Guilty Gear series) So far Marco, Nacoruru, Washizuka, K', Geese, Terry have been confirmed to be in the game.

It could be a fake tho.

is that real yo?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Looks pretty legit, I want it, looks cool, and what's better than Slug characters in a fighter ;p

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
atleast they're mixing it up. but remember - stills of SvC looked amazing last year. Just have to hold it in and wait.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
whoa..
looks like it might be worth picking up an Atomiswave after all..
From whaty I can make out, that game looks lie it's going to be really something...
-BB

Curt

apostate
That's so rad to have Marco in a fighter, from that blurry pic, he looks cool... Not such a small sprite etc... Also having a Slug Roll out as a striker, or special, or even a tag character...cool as hell...

I've always wanted to fight as someone from the slug game, and the only other Slug Charas As far as I know are, a Striker or two in a Kof, and the aliens from MS3, in SVC.

Any others... and does anyone have a clearer Screen?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
'twas taken from a japanese magazine - arcadia? picture taken with a phone camera? anyway, there must be more where that came from - the picture is from a korean site, n'est pas?

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
rockhoward said:

It could be a fake tho.

Looks like it could easily be a fake.

Regardless, of all the characters they could put in, who the hell would actually want Washizuka? Tabatha/Tessa and Earthquake were already stupid choices for SVC, sounds like Battle Colosseum won't be much different in the judgment department.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If its fake, its a damn good looking one.

Doesn't look 640*480 to me though.

SwordPlay

Crossed Swords Squire
My dick just exploded from pure joy.

Normally I'd wait to get excited about a game before I hear about the gameplay mechanics and such, but no amount of type can express the joy I feel in the just the thought of seeing SNK(P) finally go high-res and possibly update some of their sprites.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
EX_Andy said:
Looks like it could easily be a fake.

Regardless, of all the characters they could put in, who the hell would actually want Washizuka? Tabatha/Tessa and Earthquake were already stupid choices for SVC, sounds like Battle Colosseum won't be much different in the judgment department.

judging from the backrounds (very reminiscent of neowave) its not though. its just too elaborate. the problem is that these games have limited scope (the XvsY capcom games), and the sheen does wear off after a while (just saying - trying to convince myself that buying an aw is a bad idea).

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
That HAS to be real. EVERYTHING there (sans naka sprite) is completely new.
This is what i have been waiting for. MVC2 type tag battle ala SNK/NEO. Looks like P is finaly learning how to use the SNK & NEO GEO names/properties to an advantage. Lets just hope this game turns out great.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
heh, seeing the "Slug Assist" in that pic reminds me of MVC when Jin calls in his huge mecha...
:smirk:

kyledudex said:
Hopes for 50+ characters like mvc2, but no huge character unbalances like it :loco:
not to mention please no big launch-into-button mash air combo
:shame:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I will always hope SNK-P can do something fresh and fun and original.
Thus far it hasn't happened. If they could do something like this that would play similarly to Cyberbots or Vampire that would be awesome, as those are a couple of my favorite non-serious fighters. It would be great.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'd say it looks legit, but who knows. The idea is certainly appealing, I'll give it that. What would cause someone to get a blurry screenshot like that though? Was the guy driving by the cab on a scooter or something when he took the shot? :spock:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
I'd say it looks legit, but who knows. The idea is certainly appealing, I'll give it that. What would cause someone to get a blurry screenshot like that though? Was the guy driving by the cab on a scooter or something when he took the shot? :spock:

Looks like a cam shot of a magazine pic.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
that looks great, hope it gets a home port.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
Looks cool, but i'm not sure i can accept this blurry pic as being real. I can't get to excited about this untill i see more. Not only that but with my Neo addiction i probably couldn't afford an atomiswave anyways, so i'll have to remain skeptical.