Value of MVS carts list

cwu

n00b
I tried seaching online but couldn't find a master list. I'm looking to buy some carts off folks on this forum, but I don't know if I'm getting a good deal or not. Is $55 for MS1 and $65 for MS2 too much? Thanks!

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
the price guides don't mean shit on this site.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
BoriquaSNK said:
the price guides don't mean shit on this site.

They might not mean shit, but I am sure a lot of sellers, and buyers on ebay
and on the forums use it to price their 'shit'.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
The MVS price guide is extremely outdated:

http://www.neo-geo.com/mvs/mvs.html
Should the prices be lower? I'm not sure what makes the price guide so out of date. Not much happens with these carts, they just get recirculated amongst the fans...no need for constant changes, IMO. It's just a guide, if people want to sell them for a little less or more, they can (and do). Changing the prices needlessly just causes artificial runs on games -- like, "OMFG Ninja Master's is rare now!!1" or something, causing a temporary feeding frenzy. People calm down in a couple months and things return to normal.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Have you actually had a look at the guide?

All the games released in or after 2003 are either not listed or with a ridiculously high price (look at Matrimelee), from the time before their price rock-drop as most MVS titles do. In adition it doesn't take care of the "special sales" of games such as Super Dodgeball, Rage of the Dragons, KoF 02...

I agree most of the old games shouldn't move that much, although most of them are going a bit lower now, it is always arguable.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
The MVS price guide is actually quite accurate for the most part with many of the major titles. Even the NO RESERVE auctions at ebay end at about the prices listed in the guide.

So some sellers adhere to the guide for pricing and even buyers for what theyre willing to pay.......so it seems.

The most important thing about buying an MVS title that YOU WANT is to not get stuck with a bootleg. If you pay a little too much .........who gives a rats ass as long as it's what YOU were willing to pay.