Neo Convention

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Hey guys, I have not been able to check the forum lately (moving into my dorm in Boston)...I was wondering what the status of the Neo Convention that Dion was planning in Las Vegas is...Is it still on...I would very much like to attend...thanks
-Ukyo

NeoZero

New Challenger
It sounds like a lot of fun but i wont make it there because for one, im 15, and two theres no way i could afford a trip to LAS VEGAS! Well if it is still going on, then let me know what kind crazy stuff happens there!

-NeoZero

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Reality check, guys.

I hate to rain on your parade, but there ain't gonna be any Neo Geo "convention" in Vegas. Who would show up? Probably at best about 3 people. I wouldn't exactly call that a "convention".

Not being abusive, just truthful. Anyone who doesn't believe me, watch and see just how many people go. I'd guess it will be virtually none.
confused.gif

Oh, and while I'm at it, just a test:

:angel:
:king:
:queen:

Well, it was worth a try.

Shawn

snkusa.com
chimpmeister, are you trying to produce these?

angel.gif
crown.gif
flip.gif

[This message has been edited by Shawn (edited September 11, 2000).]

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well if anyone is interested I was talking to BonusKun in May about making the Gaming room he runs at Akon into a Neo get together. I Know DolphinLord, Nickthfury, Bonuskun and myself live close. I will bring along a few neo fans with me. The hotel also is located in the airport (you take the shuttle train to it). And although there will not be any hugh gaming booths there are tons of neo items in the dealer rooms (resins, pictures, books, shirts, music cds etc) that are of neo characters or neo related. And of course if you are a Anime fan there is that to. I'm going anyway regardless but it seems like a somewhat central location.

just so you know Akon is a Hugh anime convention in Dallas held once a year 2nd largest I believe. Here is a link for the up and coming event http://www.a-kon.com/

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Yep, I was trying to make those Shawn.
confused.gif

Thought I could guess the UBB codes, but I guess those are reserved for "administrator use".
redface.gif

However, it brings up the point that it would be nice to have some additional graphic icons to imbed WITHIN messages . . . are there any more that you can add to the board?
cool.gif
cool.gif

Oh, and by the way I like the little guy flipping the birds . . . that one could REALLY come in handy!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by chimpmeister (edited September 11, 2000).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
I can add new icons to the smiles legend. Will work on it this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone has some interesting icons to add, please email them to me or provide a link.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Hey Bruno, that sounds like an awesome idea. What better place to hold it than in a huge convetion full of people that like japanese games & movies. Been many years since I went to that convention, last time I was there it was huge. Also there are several neogeofreaks in the Dallas metro area that I can drag along. If yall decide to do that be sure and fill me in. I live about a 5 to 10 minute drive from the DFW airport
-nick_th_fury

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Trey,

That would be Great, Maybe you can bring some of your artwork and sell some in the art room. The hotel is not confirmed yet but the last one was in at DFW Hilton. I can donate some Home and MVS carts I have extra, and maybe some Misc Neo items (buttons etc.) I may even have a extra home system as some prizes. it should be around the end of may begining of June. BTW I beat the guy with the 34 wins in SS2,beware my SS2 S-Kill-Z
biggrin.gif

Anyway we can plan it out and if it's not a big turnout at least we can hang out at the con. Maybe we can get them to play one of the SNK movies in the showroom(the awful Samurai Showdown or art of fighting).