NEO-O system!?

I have one!
A japanese NG-AES3 board
NEO-0 it's in the manual right?
It's also written to use a 9V AC/DC, but mine comes with a 11V 750mA and works perfect.

kenshiro9

Crazed MVS Addict
yeh!
thats it!
the box is white with a little black box saying neo-geo and the neo-0 underneath.
ive only ever seen the black box version and gold cart version but never seen this
white one anywere.
this is the one i picked up dirt cheap.
do you know if its rarer than the normal version or could it even be the rental box system????
lmk
thanks
ken9

I dunno about if it's rental or rare.
And its 700mA
Do you use the 11V AC/DC in your NG?
Cos it works with a megadrive one too (9V 1.2mA).
Thats a big difference you know, 9V to 11V and 700mA to 1.2mA
Looks like we need someone to clear up things here.
My white NG box RULES!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
If you guys are talking about the packaging, then there's nothing special at all there.

I have the old white box system, I bought mine when the system was FIRST released in the U.S., in the VERY beginning. My Neo itself is model NEO-AEC, serial # 13208.

The box stuff doesn't mean anything. The white box came out before SNK had finished the final design for their box, and also was completely devoid of photos and stuff since they thought the Neo would be a rental system and not for home ownership.

The black box with game photos and stuff came later.

NEO-0 doesn't meant anything, unless you're looking at the MODEL NUMBER on the BOTTOM of your cart system.
confused.gif

Hey!
I don't want to sell anything It's just a cool thing about my NG
Yes, it's written on the botton.
My NG serial number is # 138102

kenshiro9

Crazed MVS Addict
if you have a certain serial number does it make it rarer?
i looked underneath my system and there was a six digit number saying 003499.
it looks pretty early, i hoe you guys can tell me.
thanks
ken9

kenshiro9

Crazed MVS Addict
thanks
ken9

kenshiro9

Crazed MVS Addict
thanks
ken9

Adol

The French Connection, ,
Originally posted by kenshiro9:
thanks
ken9

yes..mine is 000641..

kenshiro9

Crazed MVS Addict
is a higher serial number rarer than a lower serial number or is there just a few numbers that are rare?
thanks
ken9

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well being that it is a serial number and only one of each unit has a number ranging from 1-500,000 + I would think that there are not any rare serial numbers. of course finding a older serial number unit it good shape would be harder to find then say a high serial number in good shape but it is just the unique number assigned to each neo system.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
But Big Bruno, isn't it true that there have been several revisions to the Neo Geo cart motherboard over the life of the system? Some have a daughterboard, some don't, some have better video output, etc. My serial number is 013XXX, pretty old . . . but I need to check my other two systems to see what they are.

And the Japanese cart systems are very light, compared to U.S. . . . due to shielding, I think.

I really wonder if these "high serial number" systems are that much better than the low ones . . . maybe Jeff Kurtz could answer this point. He modded my Neo cart 013XXX and the picture quality and sound quality are excellent . . . how much better could they be with a newer motherboard revision? Jeff?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
The systems in around the 40xxx range were some of the best ones made, weren't they? (did I read that here?), before SNK's instability as a console designer took over and they changed the design again.

I remember long ago that people were reporting problems with newer games like KoF '98 and if I'm not mistaken this was at least in some part attributed to the system they had. i.e. in what range serial # it is in.

My 23233 has so far worked flawlessly with everything. Soon I'll see how it does with MS3.

Just lending a bit of input.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I like NEO-AES3 thru NEO-AES5 boards the best. The latest NEO-AES6 board is ok, but the previous versions seems to be a lot better for the SVideo mods. I'm working on a new mod to make the SVideo better on this newer board.

If I were to tell someone to pick a serial number range, I would tell them to go for around 50K to 200K.

I think the Stereo sounds better on the first gen boards (with or without the daughtercard).

Jeff

Originally posted by chimpmeister:
But Big Bruno, isn't it true that there have been several revisions to the Neo Geo cart motherboard over the life of the system? Some have a daughterboard, some don't, some have better video output, etc. My serial number is 013XXX, pretty old . . . but I need to check my other two systems to see what they are.

And the Japanese cart systems are very light, compared to U.S. . . . due to shielding, I think.

I really wonder if these "high serial number" systems are that much better than the low ones . . . maybe Jeff Kurtz could answer this point. He modded my Neo cart 013XXX and the picture quality and sound quality are excellent . . . how much better could they be with a newer motherboard revision? Jeff?