KOF 2000/2001 (PS2) only $15 at Toys R Us

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Hi guys. I'm not sure if word has spread around here yet or not. I actually meant to post this over the weekend. But starting this past weekend TRU marked down a bunch of their games by 50%. KOF00/01 was one of them. I just thought I'd mention that here because I know it may interest some of you. Many TRU still have it in stock so you still have a chance to snag one. At $15 its a steal, IMO.

Freelancer

Banned
Great news for bargain hunters I guess.
Didn't take long for it to reach bargain-bin status....

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Freelancer said:
Great news for bargain hunters I guess.
Didn't take long for it to reach bargain-bin status....

Actually it's been out for like 8-9 months, which is pretty much exactly how long it takes most of the popular games to become greatest hits. But this game didn't sell well. When you release a game on a system whose audience isn't the least bit receptive to the kinds of games you are offerring that tends to happen, but I'd rather not get into that debate again.

For those interested, July sales for KOF00/01 and Metal Slug 3 are below.

King of Fighters 2000/2001 (PS2) - July sales - 1,365
Metal Slug 3 (XBX) - July sales - 8,633

The King of Fighers 2000/2001 (PS2) - Total sales - 35,868
Metal Slug 3 (XBX) - Total sales - 43,651

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
JC10001 said:
Actually it's been out for like 8-9 months, which is pretty much exactly how long it takes most of the popular games to become greatest hits. But this game didn't sell well. When you release a game on a system whose audience isn't the least bit receptive to the kinds of games you are offerring that tends to happen, but I'd rather not get into that debate again.

For those interested, July sales for KOF00/01 and Metal Slug 3 are below.

King of Fighters 2000/2001 (PS2) - July sales - 1,365
Metal Slug 3 (XBX) - July sales - 8,633

The King of Fighers 2000/2001 (PS2) - Total sales - 35,868
Metal Slug 3 (XBX) - Total sales - 43,651

Interesting to see that MS3 sold alot better on the Xbox than KOF for PS2, I guess PS2 owners just don't care about KOFs!

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Lastblade said:
Interesting to see that MS3 sold alot better on the Xbox than KOF for PS2, I guess PS2 owners just don't care about KOFs!

I'd be more likely to believe that more people are into the Slugs myself. :)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Lastblade said:

No no no no no !!!!

PS2 Mainstreamers just don't like any kind of 2D games for some damn reason.

I bet if a Vice City add-on disk was released ( just to add a new outfit to the main character ) it would have sold tons of it.

KOF's ? MS's ? That's POS for any new generation to come.

KOF M. Impact is ok, but for any gamer it'll be always better than a good ol' 96 or 98.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The 50% sale is because TRU is going into chap 11, not cause the games are unpopular. There's around 100 games in this deal as well as systems! New Xbox with Star wars = $75

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Cynn said:
The 50% sale is because TRU is going into chap 11, not cause the games are unpopular. There's around 100 games in this deal as well as systems! New Xbox with Star wars = $75

Nope. This has nothing to do with chapter 11. They do this every year to make room for new stock. They also have a buy 2 get 1 sale every October. The $75 Xbox was a mistake and they have since corrected it.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Both Metal Slug 3 for Xbox and KOF00/01 for PS2 soldout every shipment where I live. :D

Stitch Faced Angel

Quiz Detective
The problem with port overs is that they also have to appeal to the market of the casual Gamer now. It used to be Game Quality was key, now all they care about is Better graphics, and what there friends own. All this SCUM that think they know all about games, but are barely over 16 and the only game they have beaten is FF7, and that was with a gameshark (I love FF, just sick of others thinking it is the best RPG on Earth, and that is all they played).

The problem that rises is the fact that we has humans (has a species, and not even 5% of Neo Geo Fanatics i have noticed) want to have bigger and better things, and want to rid ourselves of the old. Older stuff is not apprecated like it was. I extremely out of place when one of my wifes friends asked me what "War of the Worlds" was while watching "Signs" (good talking to happened after that :blow_top: ). Hell, some people do not know who Buddy Holly is anymore. :crying:

I buy every port over I can find if I loved the game. Every SNK port over I own, Starting with a few of the NES titles. :buttrock: In my mind, 2-d really is a lost art form, and most of you probabily feel the same way.

Recently here in the AAFEs (Army AirForce Exchange) in Germany, KOF 2000/2001 hit the $15.00. I bought it when I first saw the thing. Metal Slug 3 should be here soon. :glee:

Sorry to ramble, just a bit ticked at lack of good 2-D... :oh_no: