Creating a Cp2s Harness

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
Hey all ,

Was wondering if anyone in the Arcade community would happen to know the Terms or maybe a Place to buy the Plastic fittings for the Aux Kick Harness..

Im not looking for the ENTIRE harness.. im looking for the plastic Fittings that the wires go into... as i would like to build my own.. save a few bucks.. as i recently Aquired quite a few Cps2 Boards for my up and coming route .. ( all good games )

already have the Crimper and a source for the Pins.. but im having the bigest pain in the arse of a time finding the plastic fitting that will work for the CPS2 boards

the plug looks like this ..

harness.jpg

ive checked Mouser.com and a LARGE number of Other Wiring places with no luck..

The only terms i know for it are...

"female Crimp pin Harness" ..

So basically, i was wondering if anyone else has run into this or perhaps knows where i could get them made rather cheap... paying 15 - 30 bucks each when you gota buy 20 or so gets pretty expensive...

Even the RIGHT termonolgy for it would be great... no one in the wiring business knows what a "Aux. Capcom Kick harness" is LOL ...

Im SURE someone out there has a BUCKET full of these plastic Harnesses they wanna sell a large amount for a decent price...

Any way .. just taking a shot in the dark... Thanks in advance... :cool:

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
WOW....Thank you for the information ! thats exactly what i needed !

to answer your Question:

if i were running them all out of a SINGLE machine .. that would be true...

but since they are going to go 1 board per machine... i cant exactly use 1 harness for 20 diffrent machine ..

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
You can also make a ghetto kick harness with a floppy IDE drive cable, but you need to sand the ends, and be careful when fitting it.

Anyway he said "as i recently Aquired quite a few Cps2 Boards for my up and coming route .. ( all good games )" so he wants to put some cabs in location, that's why he needs a harness per board.

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
Lol... I never even thought of that... using a IDE floppy cable.. .and i have plenty of them around...

i'll have to try that... gonna take some definate "rigging" with the dremel tool ..

again, thanks for the info... the more i know the better. :cool: