KOF 94 Remake: True or False?

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Anyone following the KOF 10th Anniversary site knows that "Shingo" and "Saisyu" keep talking about a KOF 94: 10 Year Anniversary remake in high-res. Pretty much everybody (me included) decided that it was just a joke.

Now, we know that at September´s TGS SNK will announce a "KOF 10th Anniversary" game.

And today, "Shingo" in the 10th Anniversary site said that japanese fans that purchase KOF:MI this month, KOF 2003 in October and KOF 94 in December will receive a prize from SNKP.

Is this still a joke? Why would they add a dead joke (the messages about 94 ended at least two weeks ago) to an unrelated discussion? Even considering this was the number 01 item asked by SNK fans in Japan, why would SNKP waste time with a 94 remake? What happens with 2004, then?

All this is strange, to say the least.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I already got the rom

king%20of%20fighters%2094-2.gif

Thanks SNKP!

kiun

Zero's Tailor
If this is true, I hope Playmore does more than 'high-res' graphics.

Maybe including post '94 special moves for the characters, new bg, soundtracks etc

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Here's my suggestion:

Simply remaking KoF'94 itself is a bit of a limited project.
I think a better idea would be taking the cast and ideas from '94-'96 (pre-Orochi)
and rolling it all up into The King Of Fighters Classic Revival.

The cast would be fucking wicked...everyone from '94-'96, including the long mourned-for Eiji and the Boss Team. High-res, all the music in their remixed glory, and so fucking REDRAWN SPRITES.

I think it would make for an amazing title, would make AWs fly off the shelf, and would heal a lot of the wounds Playmore has inflicted on the fans thus far.

A sequel would then be an easy by-the-numbers affair, as they take on the '97-'99 story arc and include those new chars,

The CvS series just seems to whet everyone's appetite for lovely new versions of those great SNK sprites, and in my mind, this is the one thing they could really do that would turn a lot of jaded folks' heads and get people excited about a new title.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
a LONG while ago (around 2 years) i said "Snk should make a special version of kof94, with enhaced stages, brand new sprites, arranged music, etc"

I meant to be made for neogeo... maybe they are doing it for Atomiswave....

Although there's a problem with the teams... iori doesn't appear in kof94 :P

Kof'94 roster + Iori, Eiji, Billy would be sweet

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
itd be nice except KOF 94's game engine is so dated and IMO lacking. 96 is where it began to happen. So if there is this alleged 94 remake they better update the game engine

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I have no idea if it is true or not. I am not so sure that P has the resources.
If they do do it:

- do NOT keep the same fighting engine fromm 94. at least make it 3 on 3 where you can pick individual fighters (with a 1 on 1 feature).

- they should just use the KOF 98 engine.

- graphics don't neccesarily need to be high res like GG but perhaps "med res" like street fighter 3.

- leave option for original and arranged soundtrack.

- should think about adding these characters (instantly available or by code/unlocking): Eiji, boss team, Iori. Maybe a few others.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
KOF's run its course. I dont need any other KOF's but 2001, 2002, 98.
The whole idea behind kof was to do something innovative and try something new. I mean we got new versions of chars from other series.
Now instead of having something innovative thats unexpected we are getting more sequals then we will ever need.
I mean its my fave fighting series of all time, but you gotta know when to take a rest.
Neowave, KOF 2004, KOF MI... Give it a rest and try something new, Playmore you uncreative whores.

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I love The King of Fighters series and I am not tired of the series at all. Some years are better than others, but they all have things about them which make them unique. I think a remake of KOF '94 would be pretty cool, although I think it's unlikely. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I've just begun playing '94 again the last couple weeks, and I love the old engine, if mostly for nostolgic reasons. To this day, most of my favorite backgrounds and all of my favorite character sprites (and even much of my favorite music) come from '94. I'd love to see an AW version of the game, with GG graphics (just to show they can) but keeping many elements from the original, like reliance on tap combos, and even no team edit. I'd even be happy with just the 8 original teams. Crazy? Maybe... but that's what I'd like to see.

Of course if it was a choice between high rez GG graphics, or fluid SF3 animation...I'd choose SF3 animation...but even when I'm dreaming, I never lose sight of reality enough to think that could happen.

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
Playwhore wont do a special kof thing.thay dont gave a damn about us true snk fans.all p wanna do is exploit the snk name and piss us off

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
KOF's run its course. I dont need any other KOF's but 2001, 2002, 98.
The whole idea behind kof was to do something innovative and try something new. I mean we got new versions of chars from other series.
Now instead of having something innovative thats unexpected we are getting more sequals then we will ever need.
I mean its my fave fighting series of all time, but you gotta know when to take a rest.
Neowave, KOF 2004, KOF MI... Give it a rest and try something new, Playmore you uncreative whores.

According to what has been released, they'll be showing off some brand spankin' new series at TGS. Sure, they'll still whore KOF like nutballs, but at least we'll be getting something new in the process.

I also think that KOF has not run its course, and that KOF '03 is proof that they've still got some new, creative, and fun things up their sleeves.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'm not quite sure that I understand the point behind doing a KOF '94 remake. I love the game and all, but they've since made tons of improvements to the KOF engine, and it just seems like they'd be going backwards .... kind of like SVCC. :oh_no:

That being said, I do absolutely love the style of KOF '94. The backgrounds, the art, and especially the music are all top-notch. If they started out with those and just built things up from there, that might be a nice idea.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I wonder if it will use the old commands. What odd news.

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
But on the other hand, if these news come true I doubt the game would be released in US, because of SCEE-Graphic-Whores-R-Us want 2D games to be bundled... That is unless they actually made this high-rez.

..But personally I'm hoping that they would release a compilation of all KOF's from 94-99, now if that happened I would surrender my creditcard to playmore :loco:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Visuatrox said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/12/news_6104707.html

"Addtionally, SNK Playmore is now dropping hints that it will release a reproduction of the NeoGeo CD controller pad, most likely as a bonus for the KOF '94 remake."

If that is true it would be friggin awesome, dual shock 2 and wavebirds are just crap in comparision to the clickity NeoGeo CD controller :buttrock:

Yeah, "Shingo" mentioned the NeoCD controller too. I just hope this new version (if this is indeed true) is stronger. I went through SIX of those.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
buttasuperb said:
Maybe you should stop trying to put them up your ass?

Just a suggestion.

Nah, man. It was in your momma´s.

You know she likes taking it up the ass same time you pump her other hole.

By the way, she told me you sure likes taking it in the ass, too.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
Nah, man. It was in my momma´s vagina. I never saw the controller again. :(

You know she likes taking it up the ass same time you pump her other hole.

By the way, she told me I sure likes taking it in the ass, too.

ok