Falcoon has a really bad day.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
http://falcoon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

According to Iggy on MMCafe, the message on his website says that today was "the saddest day in his life", and that he won't be returning to "that place" ever again.

No idea if it was something professional or personal. Maybe he lost his job at SNKP (which is why I'm posting this here, as it would likely affect who ends up doing 2004's artwork.), or some other company. Maybe he lost someone close to him. Maybe he bought at bad set of paint and won't be returning to his favorite paint store as a result.

Anyways, if anyone has any more detailed info, then feel free to throw it out. Otherwise, get your rumormills out and start conjecturing.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Anyone else read the thread title in the voice of the girl from Neo Turf Masters...

Curt

apostate
Here is a link to the MMCAFE Thread in question, and a cut/paste of the photo on falcoon's website...

The supplied translation, and accompanying pic are so sad, and truly makes me feel sorry for Falcoon, as he truly seems saddened.

If I had to guess, when he says "That Place" i'd guess it was his employer, SNK-P.
And he says he can never go back, perhaps some sort of argument took place? Money Maybe...

Purely speculation... I am interested to see what this is indeed about.

Madman's Cafe Thread
http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~mmcafe/forums/bbs/messages/20447.shtml

Iggy@mmcafe.com said:
Something bad has happenned. He says it was the saddest day of his life. He won't be able to come back to "that place", and he says good bye to it.
Don't know if he lost his job, his girlfriend, a parent, or his goldfish, though.

top1206.jpg

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Very interesting. Anybody have any clue as to what Falcoon is talking about? I'm guessing he might be talking about a loved one, but that's just from what I'm guessing.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Yeah, that would be the most logical assumption based on what we know. I would figure getting fired by the company that you've been a long-time fan artist of, and worked hard to get employed by, would be a huge blow for him.

I would have to figure that SNKP wouldn't be he only job though, so maybe it was another company that fired him, and they were unusually harsh.

I'm she he wouldn't refer to something personal as "that place", unless it was some place he went with someone he knew personally and that person had a tragic event happen to him/her. Though, you'd figure if that was the case that he would've mentioned that person, or just a person in general.

I hate it when bad stuff happens and people are vague. :\

for all we know it could be more personal and that's why he isn't talking about it. I doubt it's a loved one. based on the attitude it seems like depression/ suicide/ or some sort of abuse (drugs etc.). Just my opinion for what little it means.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I believe it is unlikely that he was let go from SNK Playmore. If I understand correctly, even though Japanese artists are hired on for their creative artistic talent, the original artists almost always retain complete control of their artwork, unlike in America, where there are many instances that the creations are retained by the employers. Also, at the very top it says

'Yatto kimochi no seiri ga dekita noni, konna ketsumatsu ga matteiyou to wa omotte mo mimasendeshita,'

which translates into English as

'Despite having finally pulled my feelings back together, I never even saw this kind of ending that was waiting for me.'

Would seem to be kinda of a strange thing to reflect upon unemployment. All indications point to some kind of significant other that he could not hold onto.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Whatever happened to him, I send him my best wishes.

::Big hugs for Falcoon::

barf

Maxima's Barber
honma tsurai na...
:(
it must have been terrible for wanting to leave his memories behind.

But you have to be able to fold the paper and send the letter to write a new one.

Fygee

20 Year Member
DashK said:
my god, you people are fucking nerds!

Pot. Kettle. Black. ;)

Anywho, it looks like he seperated from his girlfriend. Who broke up with who, no one knows yet.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
Dude, shut the fuck up!

Nope he's damn right.

Falcoon = fanart-looking style

All the females look like stupid bitches ready for some hentai doujin action.

C'mon, you know Hiroaki, Tonko, Shiroi Eiji, ore even Nona... that was art.

Still Falcoon managed to be way better than the retarded monkey who illustrated KOF NEOWAVE. Despite having some Range Murata's genes implanted in his red-gloved right hand (you know, K' style), the poor thing wasn't able to do anything but shit. We know the result.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Shito said:

At least they don't look like men.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Ohmygodshinkirowassooogoood!!!

shinkiro.jpg

Yeah. Fucking great. Guys and girls, old and new, all the same fucking thing. Shinkiro only got decent when he was already with one foot at Capcom.

And the less said about Nona...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:

shinkiro.jpg

Yeah. Fucking great. Guys and girls, old and new, all the same fucking thing. Shinkiro only got decent when he was already with one foot at Capcom.

#1: Shinkiro was never mentioned. "C'mon, you know Hiroaki, Tonko, Shiroi Eiji, ore even Nona... that was art." One name is missing from that quote.

#2: Shut the fuck up. Your opinion of what constitutes good art is no more valid than anyone else's. SHinkiro's faces all look the same...how amazing of you to notice that (eyes rolling until dizzy causing projectile vomiting). What you don't notice is that is not his primary focus; and that in composition, anatomy, rendering texture, ability to use a variety of media from colored inks to oil paints -- Shinkiro is extremely accomplished. I like Falcoon, but he is master of NONE of these things. He's a fan artist who made good. That's fine, and I enjoy him as that; but that's all he's pretty likely ever to be. Both artists are good at what they are trying to be, and they both have their strengths. By classical artistic standards, Shinkiro is a much better artist; but in the feild they've chosen to work, that doesn't necessarily mean shit. But it doesn't mean anything if you prefer anime-style computer-colored linework over oil painting on canvas, either.

#3: by traditional standards, Nona is also a good artist. If you don't happen to like her, fine. It's a matter of taste.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Dio_Brando said:

shinkiro.jpg

Neo•GeoLess = Shit Opinion

Faggot.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
SouthtownKid said:
#1: Shinkiro was never mentioned. "C'mon, you know Hiroaki, Tonko, Shiroi Eiji, ore even Nona... that was art." One name is missing from that quote.

#2: Shut the fuck up. Your opinion of what constitutes good art is no more valid than anyone else's. SHinkiro's faces all look the same...how amazing of you to notice that (eyes rolling until dizzy causing projectile vomiting). What you don't notice is that is not his primary focus; and that in composition, anatomy, rendering texture, ability to use a variety of media from colored inks to oil paints -- Shinkiro is extremely accomplished. I like Falcoon, but he is master of NONE of these things. He's a fan artist who made good. That's fine, and I enjoy him as that; but that's all he's pretty likely ever to be. Both artists are good at what they are trying to be, and they both have their strengths. By classical artistic standards, Shinkiro is a much better artist; but in the feild they've chosen to work, that doesn't necessarily mean shit. But it doesn't mean anything if you prefer anime-style computer-colored linework over oil painting on canvas, either.

#3: by traditional standards, Nona is also a good artist. If you don't happen to like her, fine. It's a matter of taste.
wow, i think this is the first time i have said this, but:

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!111!!!

haha, put that in your pipe and smoke it Ronnie James Dio. OH HOLY DIVER, YOU BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA...

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Falcoon = fanart-looking style

whatever