Hunting for bargins on the Neo

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I have been Buying Neo items for quite some time Now and in my Hunt I have discover some hints in Finding things at what I consider a resonable price (A term used somewhat sparingley in the Neo World
biggrin.gif
) So gather round and listen to some tricks of finding good deals. Oh and if anyone else has anything to share please follow.

Now when searching auction there are still deals to find on ebay. Here are the common terms I use when searching

Neo Geo
NeoGeo
Neo-Geo
Neo cart
MVS
SNK

and then I go into the game names

Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown, King Fighters, World Heros...

and then I go into characters

Shermie, Mai, Blue Mary, Terry bogard, Etc

add "resin or "garage kit" for the statues

after you find a few hits look at what else the seller has. Also Search in the category only when you find the type of item your looking for. As a example here are some of my most recent deals
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=424370805
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=428941952
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=429003511

And remeber not every seller knows how to spell
smile.gif

there is also the sneaky way of tracking what someone else is bidding on with similar interests to yours. to keep people from tracking you just watch the item.

There are also the internation auction like ebay.co.uk or yahoo.co.jp although sometimes it is hard to read the foriegn language. a lot of them are in psuedo english and the sellers that will ship internation usually speak and write english.

Save your money and make bigger orders.
places like super sellers and Cosmico where buying one item ends up costing alot but if you get 8-16 items it's a awesome deal. It's a hard thing to do but it pays off in the end. And believe me the scrached and somewhat scuffed items really are not that bad at all.

search the newsgroups. places like deja news you can still find bargins.

And every so ofter search the net. you never know when the next Neo shop will pop up.

Personaly I always weigh out purchases and limit myself to a max I will pay on any one item, just because I know my gaming habits.
But I will admit I have gone crazy at times ($50 for a samurai showdon 4 poster that was given away free at one time comes to mind)

So anyone else have any tips to share?

Robi15

20 Year Member
Wait with you'r bidding until the last seconds of the auction. That way you don't push the price up. BUT, many others out there use the same tactic, so at the last second the price can change from $10US to $200US, and you are still outbidded. But it can allso be that the other bidder has no time to place his "counterattack" bid and that way you can get the item cheaper.
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited September 08, 2000).]

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Excellent post Phil!

(You are giving away some of the greatest Ebay secrets!
smile.gif
)

Keith

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hm,

Great info. I think the info you gave us is the info you should keep for yourself.
You will end up paying a lot more later if more and more people know this trick.
I like also a seller that make mistake in the description. It is when you will get the item cheap. for example: "Neo geo:" (the seller combine the "o" on"geo" with ":").
I saw on ebay someone put: "Neo geo:Mark of the wolves" and no one bid it about 3 or 4 months ago. I do not recall how but it is something like that. Maybe I am wrong.
But, I can only get the item listed if I type "mark of the wolves" or something.

"Neo cart" is the one I never try.
It is really a great deal on your SS 2.
You should try @doctitle method also.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
I never had been one to Keep info to myself. to me it is really no big deal. I feel there are more then enough deals to go around. Besides Some one told me about Cosmico. Along with informing me on where to get faselie and other Neo Pocket games when I was looking for them.

Anyway there is more then enough neo stuff out there if someone is willing to look for it. Even I can not do searches everyday and there has been several auctions I missed because I had to work while it was ending. You Basically getting paid for your time. YOu can either spend a few minutes to find something your looking for or take a few hours or even days to find it at cheaper price or a better deal. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't but it really depends on the time you spend. I have seen Voltage fighter gowcaizer carts go in Japan for under $150 all the time and when you go to super sellers page you can see what they are selling them for. Well he is marking it up from what he buys it for so you can only guess what the actual buy price is. IT is all in the amount of time you look for stuff.

I also go to auctions and as I said before I weigh out what I get. If I have $1500 to spend one month I usally spread it out over several items. I also value thing in my own way. So if it helps a few people find deals I think it is great so someone else can enjoy all things neo on $100 to spend a month
smile.gif

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I think you are right.
It is a good info to share with.
It's also no big deal to me.
I don't have much time to search also.
I agree with your opinion. The more you search the less price but remember timing also (or season). Not all the home cart are easy to find. I guess we have to pay for it.
Voltage gowkaizer for $150. wow, I will definitely buy.
I think recently, super sellers increase the price also. It's become a bit expensive.
I think it is harder and harder to find Neo geo home cart these days.
the pretty sure ones are Neo Super sellers, Shawn's on line store and Ebay.
Some of us don't have leverage to go to Japan or Asia. I am sure lots of other countries have Neo stuff and pretty good price. I bought most of my Neo home carts from China. But, it is still just fair price. I think most people already benchmarking on Neo prices. especially, people who knows internet.
Chances are if you are find Neo supplier from internet, the prices will be a bit expensive. the most expensive home cart I paid is a US Ninja Masters Neo home cart (it's over $800) and it took 3 months from the supplier to ship it. It is also from Asia. I am sure he got the home cart for about less than $400. but, what can I say...
I want that home cart. But, it is super mint though.

I want to add more info on Neo super sellers,
Neo super seller give me 5% discount when I purchase $1000 or more. It helps on shipping cost at least a bit.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I forgot to say that you can often get great deals on ebay, when the seller has zero feedbacks, or sells the item w/ out pics (in case of no pics, just check out his/her feedback level). Also, you can bid and MAY get a great deal, if the bidder is new (zero) to bay. The point is, some people feel that those who are new to ebay bid the items at ridiculeous prices, and shy away from bidding on it. And, If you want something, you should bid on everything even if your max bid is low. Stuff happens, and you can get great deals sometimes. Not everything is certain on ebay!

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Try using wildcards. I use:

Neo*Geo

Finds anything with the word Neo and Geo in it because of the asterisk, then I also look for SNK and MVS too.

Jeff