Source for s-video bulkhead? (PICS)

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just got a Mega AES, and the composite video and stereo connectors have gold connectors. However, the s-video connector seems to be missing its outer cover, as it just has a black plastic threaded exterior. Since the AES is in excellent condition, I would like to get a replacement connector cover for it. Does anyone know of a good source for these? I checked Radio Shack's web site, and a local electronics store, but didn't find them at either location.

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
There is no "cover" for that SVideo jack. The threaded kind are used for higher-end locking cables. Standard cables still work too, of course.

Jeff

msu89dawgs said:
I just got a Mega AES, and the composite video and stereo connectors have gold connectors. However, the s-video connector seems to be missing its outer cover, as it just has a black plastic threaded exterior. Since the AES is in excellent condition, I would like to get a replacement connector cover for it. Does anyone know of a good source for these? I checked Radio Shack's web site, and a local electronics store, but didn't find them at either location.

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
JMKurtz said:
There is no "cover" for that SVideo jack. The threaded kind are used for higher-end locking cables. Standard cables still work too, of course.

Jeff

OK, so it's complete. Thanks for the info.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
the ones I use look like this installed:
Auctions2%20June%2004%20AES%20jacks%20005.jpg

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Looks identical to the mods that I do -- spacing, placement, etc.

You've got the best mods around ;)

Jeff

msu89dawgs said:
Here are some pics of mine:

aes1.jpg

aes2.jpg

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
JMKurtz said:
Looks identical to the mods that I do -- spacing, placement, etc.

You've got the best mods around ;)

Jeff

Maybe it was done by you; Wes didn't say who did the mod (assuming he knew). Either way, I was impressed by the quality of the work as well. Thanks again for your help.