Neo Convert

I never saw the Neo as anything more than just an expensive system with mean looking carts. I am a PC gamer by nature as it is related to my buisness up until Eliza(a member here) convinced me to give it a try. Well, consider me a convert.Now I know why the system is a bit pricey - BECAUSE ITS FUN! Sure some may consider it as having "dated" 2-D graphics but the second I got my hands on Mark of the Wolf I played it for 3 hours without stop. Damn this is how street fighter games should be I also tried World Heros 2 Jet and I do remember seeing and playing this game in the arcades and I did not know it was a Neo Original. Well its time for me to get my own system(I got 2 units for Eliza already) and start going back to the days where games were simple stunning and cool - THE WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE PLAYED (sorry for the nVidia rip-off).

Im giving my work and computer a rest and dive in for some retro action - Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Showdown IV(Not to retro)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Divine_Hawk said:
I never saw the Neo as anything more than just an expensive system with mean looking carts. I am a PC gamer by nature as it is related to my buisness up until Eliza(a member here) convinced me to give it a try. Well, consider me a convert.Now I know why the system is a bit pricey - BECAUSE ITS FUN! Sure some may consider it as having "dated" 2-D graphics but the second I got my hands on Mark of the Wolf I played it for 3 hours without stop. Damn this is how street fighter games should be I also tried World Heros 2 Jet and I do remember seeing and playing this game in the arcades and I did not know it was a Neo Original. Well its time for me to get my own system(I got 2 units for Eliza already) and start going back to the days where games were simple stunning and cool - THE WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE PLAYED (sorry for the nVidia rip-off).

Im giving my work and computer a rest and dive in for some retro action - Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Showdown IV(Not to retro)

Welcome to the boards and to the Neo Geo..

Enjoy... :buttrock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Welcome aboard ... the Neo represents everything that was enjoyable about arcade gaming, in my opinion. There's plenty of great stuff on the Neo to be had - enjoy your stay!

THEONEANDONLY

Crazed MVS Addict
Divine_Hawk said:

Sooooo, You're Eliza's sugar daddy she keeps talking about ;)

THEONEANDONLY

Crazed MVS Addict
Divine_Hawk said:
Sugar dad? Am I that old? :tickled:
Well I didn't mean it that way, but she always mentioned about how her bf bought her first an unmoded Neo AES then a modded one.

THEONEANDONLY said:
Well I didn't mean it that way, but she always mentioned about how her bf bought her first an unmoded Neo AES then a modded one.

I think she mentioned it once but its time for me to buy my own unit. Anyway guys is there a slight chance for me to get a brand new one and just in case how much would it cost? (Takes a good look at his wallet) :eek:

No Means Yes

Banned
Divine_Hawk said:
I am a PC gamer by nature as it is related to my buisness up until Eliza(a member here) convinced me to give it a try.

Eliza convinced me to give brazilian waxing a try. I may be smooth, but I'll never listen to her again.

TheLizardKing

Crossed Swords Squire
Divine_Hawk said:
I think she mentioned it once but its time for me to buy my own unit. Anyway guys is there a slight chance for me to get a brand new one and just in case how much would it cost? (Takes a good look at his wallet) :eek:

You can go here www.japangamesnow.com or ebay. On ebay there are a ton of Neo Geo AES systems auctioned all the time. Actually better yet just go MVS instead of AES. Get a supergun like the ones on www.massystems.com or www.gwtrading.com and then just get an MVS board (1,2,4, or 6 slot) The games are much cheaper and the feel of owning a supergun is something else. You can also get an MVS board consolized if you don't want a supergun. Hope that helps. :)

LEGEND OF THE LIZARD KING

THEONEANDONLY

Crazed MVS Addict
Divine_Hawk said:
Wait a minute. Ok!!, I read that you bought Eliza an AES then a modded AES and she said she gave you the regular AES. So now she has both AES systems :eek: Just curious since you say in this post that it's time for you to buy your own unit.

THEONEANDONLY said:
Wait a minute. Ok!!, I read that you bought Eliza an AES then a modded AES and she said she gave you the regular AES. So now she has both AES systems :eek: Just curious since you say in this post that it's time for you to buy your own unit.

More like she "lent" the system So I need to get my own as in MY OWN :cool:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Welcome to the boards. You may want to check the Neo Store to see if Shawn has any units for sale. Also you can make a thread for one in the WANTED FORUMS . There are people here that actually have some NEW/Sealed ones that they may be willing to part with. Also, you may want to get your system modded for Stereo and S-Video and there are a few members here who do system mods. I hope you enjoy the Neo as much as the rest of us.

Phillip

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Bulletnyourass said:
Welcome to the boards. You may want to check the Neo Store to see if Shawn has any units for sale. Also you can make a thread for one in the WANTED FORUMS . There are people here that actually have some NEW/Sealed ones that they may be willing to part with. Also, you may want to get your system modded for Stereo and S-Video and there are a few members here who do system mods. I hope you enjoy the Neo as much as the rest of us.

Phillip

He is very thankful...but the Divine_Hawk is not really one to stay long in any boards...He got my first AES from Shawn and the second one(Mega Mod System) from Ryan:) He spoke to Shawn about a month ago and Shawn did mention that he use to have brand new Neo's and they sold for over a thousand...Is that the going rate for new systems now?

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Eliza said:
He is very thankful...but the Divine_Hawk is not really one to stay long in any boards...He got my first AES from Shawn and the second one(Mega Mod System) from Ryan:) He spoke to Shawn about a month ago and Shawn did mention that he used to have brand new Neo's and they sold for over a thousand...Is that the going rate for new systems now?

From what I understand, yes. I've heard of people locating brand new AES systems here and there for ~300-400 dollars, but I've never seen those deals materialize and I've never actually seen one selling for that much. Honestly, I've never seen a brand new system selling on ebay period. I've seen a few systems that claimed to be brand new, but it was apparent from the pictures that they had been tampered with, otherwise know as "Neo-deflowering". :(

The only brand new systmes I've seen were Shawn's from a year or so ago, and those went for $1200.

TheLizardKing

Crossed Swords Squire
galfordo said:
From what I understand, yes. I've heard of people locating brand new AES systems here and there for ~300-400 dollars, but I've never seen those deals materialize and I've never actually seen one selling for that much. Honestly, I've never seen a brand new system selling on ebay period. I've seen a few systems that claimed to be brand new, but it was apparent from the pictures that they had been tampered with, otherwise know as "Neo-deflowering". :(

The only brand new systmes I've seen were Shawn's from a year or so ago, and those went for $1200.
Yeah I remember that from a year ago. I believe it was like $1299 or something. Anyone know who bought it? Was it a member who posts here or someone who just happened on the neostore or what?

LEGEND OF THE LIZARD KING

Last edited:
Bulletnyourass said:

Phillip

Thanks I may give the wanted forums a try

Regards,
Carlo

NeoSpastika

New Challenger
Divine_Hawk said:
A quick question - Would you mod a "brand new sealed" Neo? Or would you just get the X-Neo1?
Yes, I believe you have to mod a "brand new sealed" neo. But honestly let me have a talk with you right now. By the looks of it you intend to play your Neo AES, right? If so a brand new one is pretty much a collector's item as the price will take you to the cleaners. People who buy them are typically collectors and would not play the system anyway. You are better off getting a used system which will be much cheaper and may be modded depending on whether the previous owner had it modded. Again another option would be to go MVS meaning you would have to get a supergun like TheLizardKing posted. And then you would just need to get an MVS board and MVS games are much cheaper than AES games. You also have the option of having your MVS board consolized if you do not want to get a supergun. These are your options, and when it comes down to it the choice is yours. :glee:

Last edited: