Supergoose Pwn4g3 (56kers beware)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Just thought I'd post a few pics of my new 4-slot that I got from our resident member/modder extraordinaire, supergoose79. I can't stop playing this thing ... :D. It's all of the fun of an AES system ... with none of the guilt associated with the dreaded insertion marks :tickled:. Just kidding. Not that you guys need to hear this, but the system works flawlessly, of course - superb craftsmanship is obvious throughout the machine.

Anyway, I requested that the joystick ports be in the back - so I don't wanna hear any shit about that :). I just decided that I'd rather have the carts labels facing the traditional way than I would have the joystick ports in the front. Ok then, here are the pics, enjoy:

4slot1.JPG

4slot2.JPG

4slot3.JPG

4slot4.JPG

4slot5.JPG

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

For those who may not know, the plugs in the back are (from left to right):

stereo (l & r), composite video, S-video, RGB, and power

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
CurtWRX said:
Links apparently not Working....

PWN4g3!!!

j/k

pics are up now mr. quick-draw - maybe you could give me an entire minute next time .... :spock:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Damn, that's sweet. Scared to know what that ran you.

Curt

apostate
galfordo said:
pics are up now mr. quick-draw - maybe you could give me an entire minute next time .... :spock:

Indeed. Very nice...

The blaque laquer gives its NICE sleek look... Like a Stealth Jet or Something....

Supergoose's work is excellent here... and I prefer this any day to Kenny Perry Juniors brightly colored ones....

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
CurtWRX said:
Indeed. Very nice...

The blaque laquer gives its NICE sleek look... Like a Stealth Jet or Something....

Supergoose's work is excellent here... and I prefer this any day to Kenny Perry Juniors brightly colored ones....

Is the period key sticking on your keyboard or something?

Nice consolized 4 slot you got there.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
9 pin dsub. I guess that's for the goodness that is RGB.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
300wins said:
9 pin dsub. I guess that's for the goodness that is RGB.

In hopes that I will someday have a monitor that accepts it ... :(

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
You could always buy a Sony PVM-2530. They are 25 inches and fairly cheap (got my 2nd one for $120).

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60

Looks...Sweeet!!! ..

eight one

Igniz's Servent
It does kick ass.

However, I don't see what's so 'ownage' about it, though.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Looking good. :D I just don't understand why more people don't build a case that encloses the pcb for their consolized mvs setups though.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Orochi Iori Y said:
Looking good. :D I just don't understand why more people don't build a case that encloses the pcb for their consolized mvs setups though.

I was thinking about that - but if you totally enclose it, there may be some issues with adequate ventillation. That's my only concern. Plus, with the pcb's open, I can just blow them off with some canned air or something. If I enclose it, it may make the cleaning a little tricky. I could be wrong though, I don't know - but it just seems like trading one problem for another.

@eight one - see pic #2 for an example of "teh pwn4g3" :D.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
While the system is quite nice... like eight one said, there isn't ownage of anything. Sure your system has a 9 pin dsub for RGB... but without a RGB monitor, it doesn't mean a whole lot. Not to mention that Europeans have RGB to begin with. I'm sorry to tell you, but there's no ownage anywhere... other than the nice black color, until you constantly have to clean it due to fingerprint marks. :lol:

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
300wins said:
While the system is quite nice... like eight one said, there isn't ownage of anything. Sure your system has a 9 pin dsub for RGB... but without a RGB monitor, it doesn't mean a whole lot.

I really don't see what my not having an RGB monitor has to do with the system itself ..... :spock:

300wins said:
Not to mention that Europeans have RGB to begin with. I'm sorry to tell you, but there's no ownage anywhere... other than the nice black color, until you constantly have to clean it due to fingerprint marks. :lol:

Actually, I can remove the carts without touching the finish .... see if you can figure out how. :glee:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
And most of us don't see how the system is owning anything. :spock:
Like I said, it's a nice system, but other than the nice paint job, it's just a normal consolized MVS like the rest of them.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
300wins said:
And most of us don't see how the system is owning anything. :spock:
Like I said, it's a nice system, but other than the nice paint job, it's just a normal consolized MVS like the rest of them.

I think it's safe to say that the systems made by sg are higher quality than 90-95% of what's out there, and that's being conservative. So what exactly is it that constitutes "owning" to you, exactly? Chrome finish, diamond studded cart slots, I'm curious ... ??

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
galfordo said:
I think it's safe to say that the systems made by sg are higher quality than 90-95% of what's out there, and that's being conservative. So what exactly is it that constitutes "owning" to you, exactly? Chrome finish, diamond studded cart slots, I'm curious ... ??

Seeing as how I have a Supergoose system myself, with *gasp* RGB out, I know just how great Falk's work is. But the point is, I don't think most of us go spamming when we get something nice or rare. If everyone did that, they'd get banned pretty quickly.

And shouldn't YOU tell us what "ownage" is? After all, you're the one who made the post on how it owned and all. So why don't you tell us what constitute as owning...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
300wins said:
Seeing as how I have a Supergoose system myself, with *gasp* RGB out, I know just how great Falk's work is. But the point is, I don't think most of us go spamming when we get something nice or rare. If everyone did that, they'd get banned pretty quickly.

I'm in disagreement with you here. I'd love to see the rare/cool stuff that people get their hands on from time to time. I've never heard of someone being banned for showing off a cool find, or something they're proud of - that'd be silly. Why keep your stuff under lock and key and in the dark, when you could show it to others that share your enthusiasm?

300wins said:
And shouldn't YOU tell us what "ownage" is? After all, you're the one who made the post on how it owned and all. So why don't you tell us what constitute as owning...

"ownage" is a term coined by internet geeks, and is not part of the technical lexicon. I'm not ridiculous enough to use the term as if it has some well-defined meaning or something, and have no intention of trying to define it for anyone. Just glancing around, I'd say it's pretty safe and to use colloquialisms around here - and that's what I did. You're the one that said that the pics weren't good enough to warrant the use of your holy word, "ownage". Sheesh.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
When did I ever claim ownage was a holy word? I don't even use that term actually. You're the one who claimed of it's ownage, yet it's just a normal consolized system with a nice paint job.

You see, the thing that gets me about this thread of yours is the title. It misled me to thinking that Supergoose had done something wrong and that he was being "owned." If it had at least not have been misleading, I wouldn't have even cared and not looked. But instead, I wasted my time looking.

And shouldn't Supergoose be the one who's proud of it since he did all the work? And if all of us kept showing off all of our good/rare finds, this place would suck hardcore for 56kers. :)

Anyway, I'm not about to get this moved to the war room. This is my last post regarding this matter, since I have spammed enough for tonight. I could never keep up with the spam master anyway. :make_fac:

Curt

apostate
Galfordo = PWNED

I'm just joking with you on that one bud, so don't get outta shape...

Also I learned firsthand that there are some who see posting nice, beautiful hi-res pix, of objects one is proud of, as Braggart-ish.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Dear Galfraggo.....

galfordo said:
I'm in disagreement with you here. I'd love to see the rare/cool stuff that people get their hands on from time to time. I've never heard of someone being banned for showing off a cool find, or something they're proud of - that'd be silly. Why keep your stuff under lock and key and in the dark, when you could show it to others that share your enthusiasm?

Well.... recently (In the last Month), I have brought:

From daine:
MS X US AES.

From buster_broon:
MS 2 jap
MS 5 US
WW 7 Jap
MS X US.... all AES...

From Lastblade:
MS 2 US (non-minty... hence i need a new one)...

From 2point0:

MS 3 Jap
MS 5 Jap
MOTW Jap
MS5 US

Mmmhhh... And I brought LOTS of little trivia here and there....

You see Galfraggo my little bum chum... personally.... it's fekkin bragging...

If we all decided to post about the "Rare"or "Uber sexy" things we got... then the forums will be chaos...

Personally... I haven't got anything against you and Falk does VERY good work... BUT there's no need to post about it... THEN you get upset when people mention that they've got one from Falk already...

This isn't an exercise in Willy extenstions Galfraggo.... your penis might be small and you need to brag about what you buy.... but us guys don't...

Let this be a lesson to you young Gafroddo baggins... you Arse maybe the Ring of Power... but we don't want to see it....

kthx...

Eric

Fight On!,
Speaking of spammers... kind of ironic for someone to say that they like the black color over the brightly colored one of KPJ when he paid $250 for a multicolored princess stick.