KOF:MI Famistu review scores

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
From www.the-magicbox.com

The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact (PS2, SNK Playmore) - 7, 7, 7, 7 - (28 / 40)

not bad considering they rate most KOFs pretty bad

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yikes .... I was expecting this one to do much better. Is their review system pretty harsh, or what?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
Yikes .... I was expecting this one to do much better. Is their review system pretty harsh, or what?

its very harsh, but much respected. There could be a plethora of reasons why this game did not appeal to the journalists as much as it could. Still its a very decent score from Famitsu.

A crossover game such as this has to fend against alot of other games in the same category and it may just not work, when things like VF4 are considered top.
Personally I think a great deal of appeal is lost when a game makes this kind of transition. 3D games - from an aesthetics point of view - try to convey reality too hard, and characters end up looking carved out of wax.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
galfordo said:

Yep, it's harsh alright. The magazine is 20 years old, and has given only 4 perfect, 40/40 scores.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Soul Calibur (DC)
Vagrant Story (PS)
Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC)

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
They are harsh and biased. To get a highscore you have to be 3d and made by nintendo. I find their reviews have little negative critisms of the games, but they score them low.

I'll pick up the mag tomorrow when it hits the newstands. All 7s is great for an snkplaymore game, they gave SS5 for PS2 7,7,4,6 and I thought it was great.

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
What did games like Tekken 4, Virtua Fighter 4, and Soul Calibur 2 get?

Ill6

Marked Wolf
A good game is anything that scores above 30... Thats not a bad score!

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yeah, considering what RBjakeSpecial said SNKP did pretty damn well this time around. I can't wait until I get my hands on KOF:MI.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
From most of the review scores that I have seen (admitted not too much, maybe 50 or so) from Famitsu, they are basically our EGM.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Samurai Spirits Zero Special (Neo Geo, SNK Playmore) - 7, 4, 6, 6 - (23 / 40)

thats the score they gave ssvs.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Samurai Spirits Zero Special (Neo Geo, SNK Playmore) - 7, 4, 6, 6 - (23 / 40)

thats the score they gave ssvs.

Sorry to be anal. But it is the PS2 version of Samurai Spirits Zero that got 7, 4,6,6. In Famitsu issue 8/6. They didn't review Samurai Sprits Special for neo geo. I they have and I missed it please tell me!

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Well famitsu is definitely harsh.... However Im not sure if they favor nintendo as they make some of the best games in the world. They are the number 1 software developer in the world and if good scores (nm sales) are any indication to this then i think they desearve every score they get. as for a fighting game getting a 28 score... its pretty decent. anyways im out

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i read the reviews (from the 4 different reviewers) and they all basically say that the game looks good in terms of expressing the characters personalities but its too simple (like its aimed at beginners). apparently the moves are very easy to do and that its quite easy to hit with supers and the like.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I still would like to see the review translated to see what they really thaught about the game. I know they are very harsh when it comes to reviewing games but usually there spot on with most games. I still want to play the game myself to see if I like it or not. From what I have seen I know I'd like to buy it and try it out.

arstal

n00b
did they note anything that looked cheesy or infinite-friendly?

Main things I'm concerned about are infinites, wall infinites especially, and balance problems. if it doesn't have huge problems with any of those- it could be a decent tourney game here (esp if it has online support)