Lit reset

Jonathan

"Corky"
Now that I got the controller buttons (1 & 2) lit up with LEDs, I want to illuminate the AES reset button with a red LED, but upon locating one of the blue capacitors, I found its terminals were too tiny to solder anything. Is there no other way to solder the wire connections for the LED. My AES is a 3-5 revision which means it's got a tiny LED on the mother board. Would wiring the reset LED to the tiny LED work?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
The built-in LED is too far from the reset button and it has a 1k resistor which is definitely too much. You could use pin 1 and 8 of the joy port which is very close to the button and the terminals are fairly big.

Jonathan

"Corky"
Where?

I don't know which pins would be pins 1 & 8. The fact my AES is modded for stereo RCA type outputs, will their terminals work if the pins don't work?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Facing the joy port ground and 5v are the leftmost and the rightmost pins respectively.

Jonathan

"Corky"
OK.....

I'll see the conport, as long as there ain't no hitches, circuit wise. If that doesn't work, I'll try the stero output or otherwise, so wish me luck!! Grazzi!!