Best Contact Cleaner

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Just a simple question ....

What's the best brand of electrical contact cleaner (for cleaning dirty MVS carts, mostly), and could you provide a link to a place selling it on the net?

Thanks in advance.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
bumpzorz .... I know one of you guys have a special type of cleaner that you consider the best. Help a poor, dirty-MVS brother out. :crying:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
galfordo said:
bumpzorz .... I know one of you guys have a special type of cleaner that you consider the best. Help a poor, dirty-MVS brother out. :crying:

i'm sure you know this, but just use "strong" alcohol and ear picks. not that crappy wallmart 82% isoprophyl. you want the 98% brand from target. that shit will disentigrate any dirt. take it from me, i have cleaned literally thousands of genesis and nes games. also, make sure you buy good ear picks. those crap 99 cent ones will come apart and stick to the contacts in the cart. and then you have to pull it out.

strong alcohol and name brand ear picks = the way to go

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
greedostick said:
i'm sure you know this, but just use "strong" alcohol and ear picks. not that crappy wallmart 82% isoprophyl. you want the 98% brand from target. that shit will disentigrate any dirt. take it from me, i have cleaned literally thousands of genesis and nes games. also, make sure you buy good ear picks. those crap 99 cent ones will come apart and stick to the contacts in the cart. and then you have to pull it out.

strong alcohol and name brand ear picks = the way to go

Thanks for responding. I had been using 70% or something like that, and that had done a fair job on the contacts that go inside the cart slot, but still left residue when I tried to clean the pcb's of my MVS carts. So then I tried some "electronics cleaner" made by CRC, but that didn't really help all that much. I'll give the high percentage alcohol a try though ... I've never even seen 98% at a public store - I'll have to grab a couple of bottles and give that a try. Thanks, man.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I use the same stuff. It works great and recommended at Hard-MVS.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
galfordo said:
ehhhh .... so does it really work well, or is that sarcasm, or what?

Yeah it works well for me a least. I used it with my Samurai Showdown 4 MVS cart because I keep getting grabbled graphics and sound. Ever sense then it plays fine with my phantom 1 on my AES system.

“Edit” I removed the smilies because they were suppose to be looking at the link,
:rolleyes:
not symbolizing sarcasm. :annoyed:
:oh_no:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Cool ... I'm off to Radio Shack then. I don't know why they don't sell the stuff over the net.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
neo*geo said:
its probably not as good but i have always used a rubber

Yeah it is always good to use a rubber, you don't always know what kind of diseases you can catch from the girls, who hang out down by the dock. :shame: