I know IGN gave Metal Slug 3 a bad review, but check this out

phil_fish

n00b
hmf... IGN...

like Jon Stewart once said. «its a giant bucket of boiling shit»

i think the I in IGN stands for IGNORANT.

i realy dont like them.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
quote from the review:

So comes the problem with reviewing Metal Slug 3 a four-year old arcade shooter. Not only is it not the latest Slug (4 and 5 are out in the arcades), it offers only marginal improvements over the arcade version with some extra modes, but little else. This is an arcade game, but I'm not reviewing an arcade game -- I'm reviewing this as an Xbox title. I have to judge Metal Slug 3 against the rest of the Xbox library.

Take that into consideration. An XBOX writer that is looking at metal slug 3 is going to rate metal slug 3 low because they are next gen fans. What did you expect?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
NGT said:
quote from the review:

Take that into consideration. An XBOX writer that is looking at metal slug 3 is going to rate metal slug 3 low because they are next gen fans. What did you expect?

It's not a fair way to look at it. The game was released on a next-gen system simply because those are the systems people want to buy games for now. Every game doesn't have to be taking advantage of the hardware's potential. In the case of a port, it's not even fair to expect the game to be made to take advantage of the system's capabilities. If Slug 3 was an Xbox exclusive, you could argue that the company was lazy for not making the game look better. Since it's a port, you can't make that claim. There's nothing Playmore could do to make a game like MS3 take advantage of the Xbox anyway besides using Live, and Slug 3 DOES support Xbox Live scoreboards. The idea that a game should get a low score simply because it's a port of a game which ran on older hardware is just preposterous and against the spirit of video gaming. IGN should be ashamed of themselves for using this particular reason to dock points.

The claim that MS3 doesn't have enough extras for the home release is pretty ridiculous too. You have two new mini games, a hostage name list, an item list, a stage select and Live support. Even without any of these things, a reviewer just proves his ignorance about gaming by thinking that a game like Metal Slug 3 even needs these things to be good. The Metal Slug series is very popular worldwide. It's a time-proven favorite amongst arcade gamers. There is a reason why there are six installments. To suggest that MS3 can't get a good review on its own... Well you get my points by now...

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I also thought about this, Disgaea (a strategy RPG for the PS2) looks just a bit better then a PS1 game. It is fun, and I don't care if it doesn't use all of the PS2's power, I love the game myself. Although, if you use the same line of thinking IGN does, then you would say, "Well, this game is crap, it doesn't use all of the resources availible to it". No of course not, it got a 9.2. What's the deal with thier rational now. It's double faced thinking from them. So rating a game down a bunch because of no improvements and then rating a game high with the same problem is total hypocracy on IGN's part. They have no real standards that I've ever seen and they just like what they feel like on any given day.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
That Hilary ( Hilarious ?? ) Goldstein should be shot.

PERIOD.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
DARK ANDY said:
6.9 is pretty decent for the game.

The score means a lot less to me than what's said in the text. If the reviewer goes off on how MS3 can't stand alone as a straight port, that's bullshit even if the score is high...