what happened to Magician Lord 2 and Crystalis 2 ????

GigaDrive

Cheng's Errand Boy
back in the 1993-1995 timeframe, I remember reading (I think in GameFan magazine) that Magician Lord 2 and Crystalis 2 were in the works. I see they are both on the the Master List, listed as rumored games. I've searched the internet for any hint of their existance. (along with the SuperGrafx version of Strider)..

is there even one single screen shot of Crystalis 2 or Magician Lord 2? I would kill for some of either. if not, at least could someone scan in any magazine blurbs? or if someone knows about their development, spill the beans? I love my Neo Geo for the non-fighting games, games like Magician Lord, Cyber Lip, Nam 75,
Last Resort, Pulstar, Blazing Star, etc..... especially Magician Lord. there is even rumored to be some Magician Lord 2 prototypes floating around, but like the supposed prototypes of SuperGrafx Strider, I find it highly unlikely. still, the game WAS meant to have been in the works, so there must be SOME shred of evidence out there......

edit: while doing a search on these forums for...what else...Magician Lord 2, I found this by leGionellz:

How can you forget ?

Dion has the proto. he stated it's 70% complete and Makismo once announced that Dion himself would finish programming the game.

lol

Funniest thing I ever read.

I did see a pic one time of the game in some mag though, which was not from magician lord '1'.

Anyone else ever saw that too ?

mmmmmmmmmmm. I want to see that pic and know more of the prototype and about Dion and Makismo... fill me in guys :D

Last edited:

Curt

apostate
Dion = NGF = Neo Geo Freak

Some searching on that would be useful in your quest as well...

for the record, Dion Dakis, Chris Ray... Total Fuckwads... and not to be trusted.

Curt

apostate
But yes, for further information,

Neo Geo Freak US Counterfeit Cart/Insert Producer, and general Arses... neogeofreak.com and ngfusa... Bad

and Neo Geo Freak magazine (from which they *stole* their name) reputable, and some members here have very nice collections of their issues.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Dion has not finished making Magician Lord 2 to my knowledge. In fact, I don't think that he has it. He did tell me once that he believed that it existed. He said that he had faith in Magician Lord 2 like he has faith in Jesus. It is a very religious thing you know to believe in this game. It is like believing in Atlantis and Mu. In other words, people want it to be real but there is no hard evidence that it really exists.

GigaDrive

Cheng's Errand Boy
Makismo - I appreciate the reply - I do believe in Magician Lord myself. maybe SNK-Playmore will remake it for Atomiswave or one of the nextgen platforms (Xbox2, PS3) or, dare I say, SNK-Playmore's own nextgen "256-Bit" system that the CEO mentioned they might do.

Curt

apostate
GigaDrive said:
because it was posted by a newbe to the forum?

No your questions are intelligent and well thought out... it just reminds me about Makismo and his NGF days... (what i've read atleast) which makes me laugh...

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
if you carried out a survey, you'd probably find that the larg majority of this community would love to have seen a sequel for this game. The first batch of Neo Geo games IMO are the ones that most deserve sequels. Its like FF1 and AOF1 - they are total classics but moreso because they where taken further.
Back in the day, it was Magician Lord, Nam 1975, and dare I say it, Ninja Kombat (I loved that game anyway), which showcased the system and contributed to the Neo Geo's credibility.

There have probably been tens of protos for the Neo Geo, but surely 99% of them where binned and lost forever. 'Tiss the harsh reality.

GigaDrive

Cheng's Errand Boy
No your questions are intelligent and well thought out... it just reminds me about Makismo and his NGF days... (what i've read atleast) which makes me laugh...

oh ok, heh. i'm sure that alot of BS has gone down over the years, here and elsewhere, all over the world, since Neo Geo is such a highly respected system.

i'm just some joe with a few Neo Geo games and alot of dreams of collecting the holy grails.

I would love for each of the games that launched with Neo Geo in 1990 or shortly after to get a sequel or another sequel: Magician Lord, Nam 1975, Top Players Golf, Baseball Stars Professional, Cyber Lip, Ninja Combat, Riding Hero.

I loved Ninja Combat, it was my 3rd game after Magician Lord and Cyber Lip, in fact i much perfer Ninja Combat over Cyber Lip but bought Cyber Lip sooner because I had to have it for that awesome first boss that kinda reminded me of Aggar, the first boss of Sega's Altered Beast. :D

Last edited: