Metal Slug x one life video - _ -

N

Noobie_neo

hello, i am new here :smirk: my friend just sent me a link of a guy completeing metalslugx on one life. i never knew this could be done :very_ang: You guys mite enjoy it, i think i mite try and play now :smirk:

i hope im not breaking rules posting this

http://sonic.animebots.co.uk/MGV/

Last edited:

phil_fish

n00b
holy crap!

thats... i die every 30 seconds... wow.

the blood is white.

i hope this isnt another fake like that mario 3 one.

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Excellent website.

That MSX 1 life clear looks legitimate. They certainly knew where alot of the prisoners were.. I had no idea half of those existed.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Thanks for the link!

I remember watching the 1 Credit completion of Metal Slug 1. I believe someone linked to the same site on these forums.

The best I can do on one credit in X is clear the first 2 levels. :annoyed:

Thanks for having the courtesy to link to my site and not just the video. Hope you all enjoy it. ^_^

As last time, I can assure you the video isn`t fake. This time he made it extra special with a high score to match the 1 life credentials. It wouldn`t be hosted if I suspected for an instant it was a fake.

Lol. Update from the Mosq`s mouth itself:

<Ex_Mosqto> btw, the score isnt THAT great
<Ex_Mosqto> just decentish

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
44 minutes of play ? :annoyed:

Can't be a very high score under that time play.

I'll download and watch tough.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
SonicMarmalade said:
Lol. Update from the Mosq`s mouth itself:

<Ex_Mosqto> btw, the score isnt THAT great
<Ex_Mosqto> just decentish

Probably the reason why he covered it with text?
Pretty good though, MSX is not an easy game.
Although I believe him, he needs to show LEVEL-4 at
the bottom of the screen.

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
I could actually beat the original Contra on 1 life from start to finish and do it over and over. Its just a matter of remembering pretty much everything in every level and how to fight it.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Probably the reason why he covered it with text?
Pretty good though, MSX is not an easy game.

Forget it. It's NOT Level 4.

Super soldier dying so quickly even w/o grenades ???

The last boss UFO's don't die with a single grenade. They are more resistant in level 4.

The last boss Rain attack is much quicker also in level 4.
And there other facts that tells you it's not on that difficulty.
I believe it's level-2 at best.

@Gemant : have you seen the 2x 50,000pts dolls bonus in the subway stage like I have told you ? here's another rare ocasion to see them ! :)

heya, glad some of you like the vid, it's nothing special, i just did it for some more content on sonics replay site. This isnt my best play. :)

I can guarantee this IS level4 mvs difficulty. I did the replay using the kawaks emulator and everything is default including the difficulty and blood.

Super soldier dying so quickly even w/o grenades ???

What super soldier?

The last boss UFO's don't die with a single grenade. They are more resistant in level 4.

The ufo's on the first form of the last boss can be killed with one grenade if timed right, if hit half and half with the boss they dont. I usually play on the MVS cart on default level 4 and it's the same. Granted, on the second form the ufo's are WAY more resistant taking about 3 bombs to kill, but first form is defo only 1 if aimed at the lower half as they come out the mothership. go try it again.

The last boss Rain attack is much quicker also in level 4.
And there other facts that tells you it's not on that difficulty.

As i said, i made a replay file using kawaks then recorded using a capture program. To record it i forced the emu on frame-skip zero, this coupled with the strain of running the capture prog slows the replay down somewhat on busy sections, actually it happends on a far few parts throughout the replay, this occasional slowdown was the only way i could record it without resorting to jerky frameskipping.

Last edited:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Division said:
I could actually beat the original Contra on 1 life from start to finish and do it over and over. Its just a matter of remembering pretty much everything in every level and how to fight it.

i could get to the last boss on the last level of nes contra, on one life, but i would always die once or twice on that fucker.

Damn, i didnt realise you could display the LEVEL difficulty! i thought only certain games did it. Anyway, to prove a point i just enabled it in the test menu and ran through it all quickly and made small movie to prove what i was on about, and that i wasnt lying.:)

Replays of said part with LEVEL4 at the bottom

Aliens dying with ONE bomb - TIMED EARLY
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark9/msx_aliens_timed.avi

Aliens not even dying after TWO bombs. - TIMED LATE
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark9/msx_aliens_mis_timed.avi

Earlier you hit them the quicker they die, from what i can tell.

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,
Atrophyed said:

@Gemant : have you seen the 2x 50,000pts dolls bonus in the subway stage like I have told you ? here's another rare ocasion to see them ! :)

50.000 x 3 is possible... but chance is near to 1/256