Pochi To Nyaa coming to PS2

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Hope this isn't old news, can't find such a thread

From the-magicbox.com:

Bandai will release a PS2 port of Compile's arcade puzzle game Pochinya, the PS2 version is scheduled to release in Japan on October 28, for 5040 yen.

They say "Pochinya" but it's pretty obvious, that's the same game.
I think it's good news ;)

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Catoblepa said:
Hope this isn't old news, can't find such a thread

From the-magicbox.com:

Bandai will release a PS2 port of Compile's arcade puzzle game Pochinya, the PS2 version is scheduled to release in Japan on October 28, for 5040 yen.

They say "Pochinya" but it's pretty obvious, that's the same game.
I think it's good news ;)

Rooting for a GC version.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I heard that if you put this game on level 8, it's almost as good as MD3. For $30, I might actually find out.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
yeah i haven't played it either but if it's a puzzle game by compile i'll probably like it. Puyo Puyo > crack. And i likes my crack.

In fact, i can't think of a game by compile i haven't liked. I haven't played all of them, and maybe a few of the puyo retreads aren't great, but still...

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Dallas_Five said:
yeah i haven't played it either but if it's a puzzle game by compile i'll probably like it. Puyo Puyo > crack. And i likes my crack.

In fact, i can't think of a game by compile i haven't liked. I haven't played all of them, and maybe a few of the puyo retreads aren't great, but still...

I played it. It's a tad simple, but very solid, competent and interesting puzzle game. And it have a interesting factor: it looks (and plays) simple at first sight, but in a long run it seems to have some cool strategies.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
I'd rather see ghostlop get an official release.

So true. The fact that P&N got an official MVS release instead of Ghostlop baffles the hell out of me. Then again, we are talking about playmore here.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
If Pochi to Nyaa can get a port, let's see a Japanese PS2 port of Matrimelee! I'd buy it in a heartbeat just for music with real stereo separation.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
buttasuperb said:
I'd rather see ghostlop get an official release.
Does anyone how one would go about buying the rights to a game, namely Ghostlop? Data East kicked the bucket, and now this game is sitting in limbo. I am totally serious, I would buy the rights to Ghostlop in a heartbeat and get it released on the NeoGeo or some other console system so that others might enjoy the glory that is Data East's Ghostlop.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
squareh4t3r said:
so that others might enjoy the glory that is Data East's Ghostlop.

I think everybody who cares about it is already enjoying the game without having to spend some XXXXX$ in buying the rights, production etc.

sQuareh4t3r

Amano Jacu said:
I think everybody who cares about it is already enjoying the game without having to spend some XXXXX$ in buying the rights, production etc.
That's hardly true, because the majority of people who would enjoy the game don't even know about it, simply because it's a prototype that was never released. The game is basically a hardcore version of Puzzle Bobble, which seems to have a pretty dedicated following; I think that Ghostlop would do just as well, if not better, if it was released on a more broadly supported console. That's just my two cents, and I think it would be great if this game got the respect it deserved.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I don't really think 2D 16 bits puzzle games get the attention they got 10 years ago among the general public. Hardcore gamers are another story, and most of them have TEH ROMZ.
Tell me some recent games of these characteristics to be a success (or even just be released) for a mainstream console, like, say, PS2. Maybe only in Japan they got some attention. The last one I can think is Puyo Pop.

sQuareh4t3r

Amano Jacu said:
I don't really think 2D 16 bits puzzle games get the attention they got 10 years ago among the general public. Hardcore gamers are another story, and most of them have TEH ROMZ.
Tell me some recent games of these characteristics to be a success (or even just be released) for a mainstream console, like, say, PS2. Maybe only in Japan they got some attention. The last one I can think is Puyo Pop.
The releases of Super Bust A Move on PS2 were moderately successful, and people were always asking for them when I worked at a local video game store. The Bust A Move on the Gamecube had a small production run, but its popularity obviously was much greater: people still pay over $40 for the game on eBay used, and I don't think it even cost that much brand new when it was available. I think that Ghostlop would sell very well, especially if it was released at a value price (which would be more than likely in any case).

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Talkin' again about Pochi To Nyaa...

Does anybody have pics of this game? It'd be really interesting
since we're gonna play it soon ;)

Thx

Ill6

Marked Wolf
Just an aside really but I noticed that this game is also out on Naomi.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Ill6 said:
Just an aside really but I noticed that this game is also out on Naomi.

Yes, the NG version was about to be canned because of that, but since the MVS version was nearly finished (and with a bit of the community preasure, I think ;)) they reconsidered the decision and released the MVS version too.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Dallas_Five said:

Puyo Puyo is awesome. I really like the Fish guy for some reason...

puyocd2_lrg.gif

Cheers,
Ben

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
le geek said:
Puyo Puyo is awesome. I really like the Fish guy for some reason...

puyocd2_lrg.gif

Cheers,
Ben
hahahahha FEEEEEEEEEEESHHHH!!!!

Fish rocks the house for all the young ladies. Good call.