something like a MVS

phil_fish

n00b
just curious...

is there any other arcade board similar to the MVS? by that i mean a relatively cheap board for wich i can buy relatively cheap game carts. and when you guys talk about superguns, do these work with all arcade boards, or are some MVS only, and other made to be universal?

oh yeah, and whats the best place to buy a MVS supergun?

thanks.

phil

Baseley09

Hair Group,
The IGS Poly Game Master (PGM) board is similar to ~MVS, not uber cheap tho.

You can use a Supergun with most arcade boards.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Taito's F3 system also worked with carts. I don't know how much they sell for at this point though.

Mike

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Playchoice 10-if you're an old-school Nintendo player
I sport a Nintendo VS. cab.. in which you swap roms on the mobo instead of rom carts..Not nearly as many for this as the Playchoice

STV is an alright cart based system, not nearly the library of the NEO, but it has a couple Virtua fighters, Die Hard, and i think it has some good shooters.

and of course Capcom's CPS-2 system..still no Neo Geo, but it has Marvel Vs. Capcom..N'uff said, I have a CPS2 cab, and i'll never sell it...It's one of the only cabs i didn't let go of when i sold most of my collection off a few months ago

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
buster_broon said:
wasnt segas stv system the same as well

all the games game on big old carts
Yeah, definitely check out STV (ST-V? S-TV?). Some cool stuff for pretty cheap, including Power Instinct 2, which I still love. I'm going to invite anger by admitting I prefer Columns to any Neo puzzler. The actual carts are a lot smaller than Neo carts.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Yeah supergun, I've seen them, I'm not positive on what games there are for it but i think i saw maybe** Burgertime, Dig Dug, some like that, I'm not sure..

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
HEY WAIT UP SUPERGUN< ARE YOU ONE OF THE GUYS I SAW UP AT KALAMAZOO last time? I remember you showed me that MK2 ded. pic on here in the past...YOU'RE A LUCKY BASTARD...How much you want for it?

XOXO-VICE

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
ViceMikey said:
HEY WAIT UP SUPERGUN< ARE YOU ONE OF THE GUYS I SAW UP AT KALAMAZOO last time? I remember you showed me that MK2 ded. pic on here in the past...YOU'RE A LUCKY BASTARD...How much you want for it?

XOXO-VICE

Yeah I was at the Kalamazoo auction back in April. I was there with a few friends of mine (one of them had the black shirt with the SNK logo on it). We're all supposed to go again to the September 25th auction there. Are you planning to go?

As for the MK2, it's not for sale. I feel the same way about that game as you do. If I honestly had to sell any of my games, it'd be the last one to go. I notice you're in Ohio, so maybe you could bid on this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=6110791439&rd=1

firebomber

Astra Superstar
SuperGunGuru said:
As for the MK2, it's not for sale. I feel the same way about that game as you do. If I honestly had to sell any of my games, it'd be the last one to go.
While you weren't looking I swiped it from your basement. Oh well, you sucked at it anyway, you can't handle teh Jax ;)

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Yeah SuperGun and Firebomber, remember me I snagged up the Vs. Castlevania and the CPS2 cab at that last auction..

I will be there, you guys wanna meet up? Drink some beers before the auction?

HOLLA BACK! :)
Mike

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
SuperGunGuru said:
As for the MK2, it's not for sale. I feel the same way about that game as you do. If I honestly had to sell any of my games, it'd be the last one to go. I notice you're in Ohio, so maybe you could bid on this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=6110791439&rd=1

Yeah man, I saw that auction earlier today, I really can't afford a drive to Illinois right now, but shit man, I swear to God that i will get a dedicated some day soon..I used to have an MK2 pcb set, i hooked up in my Jamma cab, it's not even close to the dedicated..I have to have it, Kalamazoo have a dedicated mk2 and no bidders..Last few auctions i went too i'd hoped they'd have one that wouldn't turn on.. But my luck won't allow that...Every Mk2 dedicated i see in an auction works 100% and 5 guys are bidding on it

phil_fish

n00b
ViceMikey said:

XOXO-VICE

i know a man who wrote and directed a movie called Kalamazoo.

raikou

n00b
stv would be good carts are cheap pluse it has Radiant Silvergun one of the best shooters out there

Last edited:

phil_fish

n00b
raikou said:
stv would be good carts are cheap pluse it has Radiant Silvergun one of the best shooters out there

shit! thats a big plus for me! im a HUGE Treasure fan... but i never got around paying the 300$+ for radiant silvergun... Ikaruga is one of my favorite tho.

any idea how much the board and RS together would cost? cuz if its less than 300$.. im there.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
ViceMikey said:
Yeah SuperGun and Firebomber, remember me I snagged up the Vs. Castlevania and the CPS2 cab at that last auction..

Mike
Yeah you got some nice deals last time. It would be cool to meet up at the next one. I'll shoot you a PM when it gets near.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
phil_fish said:
shit! thats a big plus for me! im a HUGE Treasure fan... but i never got around paying the 300$+ for radiant silvergun... Ikaruga is one of my favorite tho.

any idea how much the board and RS together would cost? cuz if its less than 300$.. im there.
You can get RS for the Saturn for about $150.

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
ViceMikey said:

Mike
Yeah, sounds cool. Firebomber will PM as the day of the auction gets closer. If we are there early enough maybe we can play some MK2 or Neo (if they are there of course) :buttrock:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I don't know how much Radiant Silvergun runs for the ST-V, but I've seen the ST-V boards go for pretty cheap. I'm sure you could score one with a game for under 100 bucks with a little patience..