DIGGERMAN = FAKE?

NeoZero

New Challenger
I recently saw a copy of DIGGERMAN on EBAY and the insert looked liked a 4-year old did it! If thats NGF doing, then thats pathetic!!

-NeoZero

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
NGF is not making the Mini Marquee as far as I know. Some one else is made it. It is pretty bad though.

Keith

NeoZero

New Challenger
It does look pretty BAD. Thanks for the post, MouseMaster.

-NeoZero

Mouse_Master

Staff member
No problem....

The whole thing with Digger Man is EVERYONE is playing Claok & Dagger with this game.

No one wants to give a straight answer, everyone seems to talk in riddles....

It just seems to be one lie after another....

We have an idea of who made it and when, but now is it legally being distributed???

Keith

[This message has been edited by Mouse_Master (edited September 05, 2000).]

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
He is correct on the marquee but that bring up a interesting topic to discuss on diggerman.

if I recall at one point there was only considered to be a low number of diggerman carts out there. However NCS was approached with releasing this cart to the public at one time. Now NGF is making thier homecart version diggerman and there seems to be 1 diggerman mvs going for auction a week.

Now we all know that diggerman is a low mega count game. At one time there was a debate on the cost of manfacturing Diggerman carts. But this is what I think....

that the Diggerman carts avaiable now are just Eprom or burns of the original prototype roms. If you think about it, it is real cheap to do it this way Eproms at such a small size are cheap and the Sac cart, mvs or other would be real cheap also (like under $50 either way for eproms and sac cart). Now I say this not seeing any of the diggerman carts out there so of course this is all speculation. And I'm sure some will argue that since it is a proto of course it is eprom. But I fell we may still be seeing diggermans around for as long as people are willing to pay for them. Pop and bounce was kinda the same way but not as much hype on it. Just a opinion, what does everyone else think. Or has anyone cracked open thier mvs cart
smile.gif

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
What is all this fuss about diggerman. I mean, I love the neo geo, but one has to admitt there are games out there for the neo that are horrible. I have seen some outrageous prices for this game. I could see paying $300 for kof 2k but diggerman???? Is it just to have for the collector, a official home cart. Just curious........
NEONUT

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Here are some of the pieces of the puzzle, the puzzle is still not complete.....

Digger Man is a 11 meg game, not 44 as others claim. Kurtz verified this.

In the first couple auctions, the seller claimed only 8 copies of the game existed. Now, more have appeared. (Yeah right).

I have sent emails to some of the sellers asking where the game came from, but they never wish to totally answer the question.

As far as the home cart sales. Supposedly before the release of the ROM, Buyrite was going to buy 300 copies and NCS was going to get 200 copies. As far as NCS goes, they tried the ROM and saw firsthand what the game was actually like.

As far as creating the game, from some discussions, it would take a Fatal Fury 2, and about $50 in eproms (There are what, 6 chips?), and then the labor. But again, this is a guess and not absolute fact.

Pieces of the puzzle, but it is still not complete. I seriously doubt someone owns the copyright in the US, since no one wishes to totally tell the story about this, I guess we will never know. It would be nice if someone did....

Keith

Mouse_Master

Staff member
There will NEVER be an official version of Digger Man.... I can almost guarentee that.

Keith

Patrick

n00b
If NGF sells Diggerman, and has the rights to from who ever owns the copyright of the game, then that makes the NGF version the only official version. Case closed. No arguments can be made.

Patrick

n00b
Even with my 3 new posts, we are still talking about NGF. I think we all need to move on and start talking about things other than NGF. Or maybe NGF really is the Neo-Geo future.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Umm.... Who made you king? And how do you know this is FACT? And if you say because NGF said so, that is not enough in the case of Digger Man.

Since you seem to have ALL of the answers, explain it....

Look back at Ebay's history.... The auction descriptions said something to the effect of

'Only 8 copies of this rare MVS cartridge in existance'

At least 4 other auctions have appeared with a cart pictured with 'Sample Only' not that that means anything at all....

So, where are the carts coming from, who owns the copyright?

Straight answers from credible sources....

Keith

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Who brought up NGF? You did primarly. I just said they did not make the marquee originally as the poster had asked. And also said they are not credible when it comes to Digger Man info now....

And, this stuff about the NGF version being official is a lie. Any cart released in the US/Europe territory will either be a Japanese cart repackaged with home made insert/sticker/manual, or a homemade conversion.

The definition of official in the Neo Geo marketplace is a cartridge manufactured by SNK Japan (not converted) and distributed by them, or one of their former branches, which no longer exists.

Keith

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Keith, don't bother reasoning with this guy. Can't you see it?

patrick = Dion.

or

patrick = Chris Ray

Either way, case closed.

Oh, and Dion, just switch back to your regular "Dion" id, its much more impressive than "patrick". Or Chris, why don't you just use your real id instead of the fake one?

Thank GOD "NGF" will have its own propaganda UBB board up "soon", then all the "NGF" zombies (all three of them) can hang out there and post about the "Neo Geo Future". It reminds me of that great movie, the Neverending Story . . . literally!

smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
Damn Patrick (aka Dion) what the fuck is your obsession with NGF. Dont tell me you arent Dion cause you talk just like Dion. "Or maybe NGF is the Neo Geo future". This is their favorite damn line and it is total BS. Get over it Dion you arent the Neo Geo future. Take your "offical" Diggerman cart and shove it straight up your gay ass.

OK?

Mike

Bead Banger
Woah guys! Aren't we jumping the gun a bit? Nobody knows where the cart came from. Is that really important? Does that make Diggerman fake?! You can plug it into your system and play it can you not? Even if it was made only by NGF (I have NO idea if this is true) why would you say it is fake? Personally I don't care to own the cart but if I were a hardcore collector, I would always be thinking about that one cart I could have had...

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Someone knows where the cart came from. I now of at least one person that does. Whether anyone else does, I am not sure, but I am sure one person does know, and I know who that person is.

I never said a NGF cart would be fake, I said it would not be official. Why the original poster thought it was Fake, I am not sure, maybe because of the cheesy art....

Keith

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Of course the auctioneer is going to say there are only 8 copies made, because he wants to get more money out of the cart. The day he posted the first Digger Man on ebay I had an hour chat with him. "How do you know there are only 8 copies?" him : "That's just what I was told." me : "By who?" Him : "Ummm..." He gave me the runaround with all the questions I asked him.

By the way Pat, the first Digger Man on ebay is identical to the one Chris is auctioning now - "sample" sticker and all.

And nobody owns the "rights" to Digger Man except the developer, who has either abandoned it or not surfaced. Anyone else is full of it.

John

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Hmmm. So, if Dion ran down to CA to snag, err, buy up all 8 original "sample only" copies (did you notice the auction stating only 8 existed was never closed? It ran to the end.), then how on earth would the one sitting in front of me say "sample only" on it as well if all 8 were sold already? Not to mention the "sample only" carts that a few others I know have.

Jeff

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Maybe the seller had a couple extra stickers from the Inkjet print he did of them..... I mean, only 80 ...errr... 8 sample copies exist, right? Of course, now they are being touted as 'prototypes.'

Which is it?
smile.gif

Keith

NeoZero

New Challenger
Ha, ha good point Mouse_Master. With a Label as pathetic as that, anything is possible.
smile.gif

-NeoZero

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
And the saddest thing is that the last Diggerman cart went for over $150 on eBay. What a waste of money . . . I'll pass on that dog title, thank you.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
The last Diggerman MVS cart auctioned off via eBay reached $155.00. The Diggerman auction I won closed at $150.00.

Adol

The French Connection, ,
Originally posted by JMKurtz:
Hmmm. So, if Dion ran down to CA to snag, err, buy up all 8 original "sample only" copies (did you notice the auction stating only 8 existed was never closed? It ran to the end.), then how on earth would the one sitting in front of me say "sample only" on it as well if all 8 were sold already? Not to mention the "sample only" carts that a few others I know have.

Jeff

True,jeff,i personally own 3 of these SAMPLES
smile.gif

by the way,check the game DIAMOND RUN,on MAME,it really looks like Diggerman..let me know what you think about it